Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Simcity Thread
10-03-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Official Simcity Thread
(10-03-2013 12:17 PM)Caspin Wrote:  OK, got it. If you choose the 'public' option, does that mean you can then have your friends turn up and plonk down cities in your region, or can anyone online do it. I'd not be keen on any old Tom, Dick or Harry invading my region!

With public any random person can join. With private you can invite people, but no random person can join.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks Ollie. Smile

Looks like my family's SimCity adventure is over before it began. Having read all the negative reviews and press, my brother has asked me to send back his copy and try to get a refund. If things improve with the servers etc, then we might buy copies later in the year. He certainly doesn't want me paying full price for it and he can live without the headache of EA server woes (some other football games he used to play with his friends on EA servers caused nothing but headaches so he's not interested in fighting that battle).

What a shame!

Down with you EA! BangHead
14-03-2013, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 09:43 AM by Ollie.)
Note to self and everyone else for that matter, SimCity is addictive when it works. I have clocked in around 44 or so hours.

14-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm sure you're right - glad you are enjoying yourself. Did you get the crime rate down?!
15-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I dunno, haven't checked, but I can tell you that once cities get filled to the brim, the city is doomed. Grand Havens University had to be shut down because the city went bankrupt and it also doesn't have enough power or water. Sad
So yeah Big cities=You're screwed.

15-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Oh dear! The collapse of complex societies, eh....

I read that people are unhappy that the plots of land are quite small and that they cannot build cities as big as they wished. It may be that larger plots will be made available through an expansion pack, because obviously expecting people to pay extra money after this debacle is perfectly reasonable.

Lookie here - SimCity sans EA servers. Hoorah!

[Image: BBC_SimCityOfflineHack.jpg]
16-03-2013, 01:34 PM
And now there are mods to let people use the always-connected requirement to get into other people's cities and permanently destroy them using bulldozers or godzillas or whatever else takes their fancy.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/SimCity...53685.html
16-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Wait what?!
Who was the idiot who made that stupid mod

17-03-2013, 07:32 PM
I think the modder was perhaps trying to highlight to EA the disadvantages of all players being obliged to be connected and having no control over their own save data - and also to point out that their claims that SimCity is super secure are about as empty as their claims that they have sufficient server capacity. Still, some malicious character is bound to go on a city wrecking spree now that mod is available. I hope godzilla doesn't get you, Ollie!
19-03-2013, 01:29 PM
And yet more woe for EA! They seem to be all over the BBC website whenever I look.

I can imagine that their offices are just full of people running around, waving their arms and screaming as their company goes from bad to worse.

So, watch out for hackers now attacking your Origin account.

[Image: OriginHack.jpg]