Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fury
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 12:56 PM by Fraroc.)
RE: Fury
Chapter Four Part Two

[Image: Screenshot-255.jpg]

"I’m doing it.”

Mike had made his absolute final decision. He reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out the E-Mail address he had written on a scrap of paper, The one that he found on the billboard near the train station. It’s the only way he can redeem himself, and the only way he can possibly become a better person.

[Image: Screenshot-256.jpg]

He sat at his personal computer and begins to write the E-Mail, trying to make it sound as professional as possible. A task easier said than done for Mike, who hadn't been employed for years...

“To Whom It May Concern,

I had recently found an advertisement for your stables and I noticed that you were in need of someone that can work with horses. I’m writing to you because I would like to let whoever's in charge know that I am interested in the job. I know how to ride horses thanks to a girl I used to date in high school and I was considered to be pretty good at it at one point. I hope that you'll consider hiring me and that I can start work soon.

-Michael Schaefer”

[Image: Screenshot-257.jpg]

The next day, he checked his computer as he was getting dressed....and he saw that he got a reply from a Mr. Jack Silver, owner of Six Gable Stables.

“Hello Michael,

I’ve received your E-Mail and I am calling to tell you that you have the job and fully appreciate your can-do attitude! You see, I’m a man in my mid to late forties and I am beginning to find it difficult to keep up with the horses...I'd really appreciate it if you were able to help me out a little! Six Gable Stables is quite a ways out into the country, I don't know where you live in Crystal Falls, but it could potentially be quite a drive over there, but you’ll see it’s a very nice place.
I hope to meet you soon! Bye!

-Jack Silver"

[Image: Screenshot-258.jpg]

Almost immediately after he got the E-Mail, Mike put on his leather jacket and cowboy boots and rode his Harley-Davidson to the stables. It’s time for him to pay his debt to society and to hopefully reshape himself into an overall better person.

[Image: Screenshot-259.jpg]

And after a shorter-than-expected 15 minute ride, Mike had arrived at the stables. He saw that it was indeed a very nice place as Jack described. In the center was a beautiful house that reminded him vaguely of “Little House on the Prairie” And to the right was the actual stable itself with several different types of horses.

[Image: Screenshot-260.jpg]

Jack was waiting very patiently on the front porch to greet Mike and instruct him of his duties around the horse farm. He's mentored many stable hands for several years and every single one of them came to love and appreciate his fatherly approach to his employees. It has gotten to the point that Jack actually becomes a "second dad" and they tell him everything that happens in their lives and he tries his absolute best to help them out.

“Hey there, kiddo. You must be Michael Schaefer.”
“Yep, that’s me.”
“Why don’t you come inside?”

[Image: Screenshot-261.jpg]

Jack and Mike walk into the house. Mike is rather surprised at the down-home decorative style of the house. It actually makes him feel like he’s in an 1800s style ranch house, Very authentic to his viewpoint.

“How old are you, Kid?”
“I turned twenty-four in March, can you please stop calling me ‘kid’?”
“Ok, do you prefer Michael or Mike?”
“Just ‘Mike’ is fine.”

[Image: Screenshot-262.jpg]

“So....In your E-Mail, you mentioned that you're considered to be a good rider. Care to explain how that came to be?”
“Well years ago, I went out with this girl in high school who owned horses. During our relationship, she taught me how to ride. Right then and there, I realized that I had a love for horses. They’re undoubtedly the most gorgeous and graceful animals that God gave to us.”
“That’s good to hear you love horses. Not a lot of men are willing to get in the saddle nowadays. I mean, if you look at horse movies, all of the main characters are girls! No offence to women, but guys shouldn't miss out on the opportunity to get on the back of a horse!”
“I agree.”
“So anyway, your duties for this job are to take each horse for a ride each day. I’ll have other stable hands do the grooming and mucking out the stalls so you don’t have to, sound like a good start? It'll give you the opportunity to prove to me that you really can ride!”

[Image: Screenshot-263.jpg]

“Yeah, it sounds good.”
“That’s great! I can just tell that you are going to like working here.”
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Woo! Crongrats to Mike for getting that job!
You're doing a fantastic job with this story! Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it's coming along nicely!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
05-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Yup, let's have some more. I want to see if Mike and angry horse get along!
06-03-2013, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 02:15 PM by Fraroc.)
Chapter Five

[Image: Screenshot-265.jpg]

It was just a day after Mike got the job.

The three ‘sisters’ Karilla, Jennifer, and Marissa were having their usual gossip session in the stable, something that best friends always do no matter what happens. The topic of the day, mutually agreed by all three girls was attractive men and who they have a crush on. Just as soon as the conversation got started, someone walked by. Julian Sprockett, who suffered a broken wrist after he was attacked by what is now nicknamed “The Killer Stallion”.

“Oh my god, there’s Julian!” Marissa yells.
“Hi Julian! How is your hand feeling?” Karilla asks.
“A LOT better, thanks for asking!” Julian replied.

[Image: Screenshot-266.jpg]

“Admit it, Marissa! You have a HUGE crush on Julian!” Jennifer teased.
“I do NOT! I’m just friends with him!” Marissa retorted.
“Nice excuse!” Jennifer teased once more.
“Jenny, Shut your face!"

After the small argument between friends, the conversation takes another turn.

“Is it just me, or does Julian kinda look like that crazy-ass Swedish guy that plays the scary games on YouTube? He’s so silly!” said Karilla.
“Oh yeah! What’s his user name? Like.....PewPewDie? or something along the lines of that?”
“It’s PewDiePie and I'm not going to lie, he’s actually kinda cute!!”

[Image: Screenshot-267.jpg]

“Now that you mention it...Julian does look like Felix Kjellberg.”
“Who’s that?”
“It’s PewDiePie’s real name”
“Yeah but Julian has a more pronounced jaw than PewDiePie. But I defintley see the resemblence.”

[Image: Screenshot-268.jpg]

Pretty soon, the girls were finished talking about Julian...Soon, the topic of the second attractive male stable hand came up...

“Oh my GOD, How could we have NOT talked about this!? That new stable hand Mike! Ok, HOW. FREAKIN'. HOT. IS. HE!?” Jennifer yelled.
“I know right, He's literally one of the most gorgeous guys I have ever seen in my life!” Karilla replied.
“I'll admit, he's an attractive guy....VERY attractive actually, but......I don't know. I heard he's kind of a douche. I mean, rumor has it that right before he got the job here, he was in jail for beating some kid up that didn't do anything to him! I really don't think he's a nice person AT ALL." Said Marissa.
“Oh God everybody shut the f*** up! there he is!” Karilla scream-whispered.

[Image: Screenshot-269.jpg]

The girls stop talking at the exact same moment to get a glimpse of Michael Schaefer in his new outfit that he bought himself the day after he got the job.

“Mike....he's so rugged....and yet so beautiful....” Karilla whispers to himself.

[Image: Screenshot-270.jpg]

“You know, even though that wife beater he wore really showed of his muscles, he looks so much better when he’s dressed in actual clothes....” Karilla serendipitously whispered to Jennifer...

One of his brand-new outfits consisted of his cowboy boots, a pair of fresh blue jeans, a cowboy-style leather belt, a black leather vest and a long sleeved shirt. He figured that if he is basically a cowboy now, he should at least somewhat look the part.

[Image: Screenshot-271.jpg]

Michael went outside of the stable, but unbeknownst to him, Karilla followed him. Mike went to get Jack Silver’s horse, a large and well-muscled 7 year old Clydesdale/Andulasian mix named Buddy. Large and heavy draft horses are not usually for riding but for pulling large wagons or for plowing, but Jack and Buddy have been inseparable since his rescue and he is now the primary horse he rides.

Karilla watched as Mike showed affection towards Buddy by gently caressing his large neck.

“Somewhere....under that sullen, brooding tough-guy exterior is a sweet, kind and loving man inside...I just got to make him show it...I don't care what Marissa says, he's not the bad person she makes him out to be....I mean if he was, he wouldn't care about horses at all.” Karilla whispers.

[Image: Screenshot-272.jpg]

As Michael lead the horse back to the stable, Karilla cannot help but think of her the lyrics to her favorite 1980s pop song...

“I wanted to be with you alone
And talk about the weather,
But traditions I can trace against the child in your face
won’t escape my attention.
You keep your distance be the system of touch
And gentle persuasion
I’m lost in admiration, could I need you this much?
Oh your wasting my time, your just, just wasting time.

Something happens and I’m head over heels
I never find out till I’m head over heels
Something happens and I’m head over heels
Oh don’t take my heart don’t break my heart don’t, don’t throw it away...."
06-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Oh dear, she's falling for an aggressive guy!
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Yes Caspin, that can't be good.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

06-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Ah well, let's see how things pan out.
07-03-2013, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 01:53 PM by Fraroc.)
Chapter 6

[Image: Screenshot-273.jpg]

Later that same exact day, Mike had the duty of scattering hay around the paddock. He was indeed getting paid for his work at the stables, nothing extravagant. But it was enough for him to get by financially.

[Image: Screenshot-274.jpg]

In the corner of his eye, he spotted something with four legs, a mane and a tail. His eyes didn't deceive him. It was indeed a horse. An impressive bright bay coat and a well muscled but yet lean and streamlined body, which lead Michael to believe that the animal may have at one point, been a racehorse.

[Image: Screenshot-275.jpg]

Michael slowly approached the horse. The animal raised his head and whinnies, but Michael kept on approaching the horse in hopes to stroke him lightly, whispering in a low voice.

“Hey there, handsome.....don’t worry, I’m not gonna hurt you....”

[Image: Screenshot-276.jpg]

Mike caresses the horse’s left flank gently, and then all hell broke loose. The stallion immediately spooks goes into a frenzy. Michael didn't even see the iron horseshoes reaching out about to smash into his face until it was too late....

(THWHACK) “AAAAARRGGGHHHH!!!”

[Image: Screenshot-277.jpg]

“Wow. He gave you a pretty nice cut....I really should have warned you about that stallion.”
“Do I need stitches, or not?”
“No, It looks like it'll heal on it's own, but you should consider yourself lucky that you don’t have a concussion, or worse. Now, listen to me carefully. From now on, I want you to stay the HELL away from that stallion! He is a danger to himself and to others around him! Hell, after what he’s done in the past, you’re lucky you’re not dead!”

[Image: Screenshot-278.jpg]

After Jack yelled the blatant warning at Michael....Mike gets the courage to speak up.

“I'm lucky I'm not DEAD?! Jack, there is something about that horse that you’re not telling me. What is it?”

“(sigh) If you really want to know, I'll tell you all of the information I have on that stallion. According to his pedigree, his original owners named him “Tornado” and he’s about nine years old so he's not that young and not that old either. And he's an Arabian horse.”
“Well Arab horses, as beautiful as they are, they’re very hot blooded horses that get scared and pissed off easily.”
“True, but not at this level though. The stallion was treated very roughly by his previous owner to the point that it was considered animal cruelty. He would scream obscenities at the horse and he apparently would not just whip- but FLOG the horse with a bullwhip. I'm guessing that one day, that horse just couldn't take the abuse anymore. The stallion trampled his abusive owner, and killed him right in the stall. The animal rescue group gave the horse to me because they thought I could successfully rehabilitate him. But....all of my methods to help this horse had failed. And I’m sorry to say this but.....he’s scheduled to be euthanized in about five days, as soon as Animal Control arrives.”
“Are you sure there isn't anything else you can do?”
“I....I honestly don’t know...For now, No. I'm afraid this stallion is just way too far gone.”
“God...It’s such a shame that he’s so beautiful...”
“I agree Mike......I agree....”

[Image: Screenshot-279.jpg]

Now that he knew that his face would heal on its own, Michael walked back to the stable to complete his remaining duties....It is there where he runs into Karilla, who wanted to ask him something.

“Hey Mike!”
“Karilla, What’s up?”
“I wanted to ask you something...”
“Ok, I’m all ears.”
“Umm........Uuuuummmm....(Goddamn it, I can't do this!) Oh yeah...Can you take Raven out for me? You see, I’m going to be out all day today and I want to make sure Raven gets her exercise.”
“Sure thing.”

[Image: Screenshot-280.jpg]

As per Karilla’s request (or excuse rather) he opened the massive barn door, mounted Raven and took her on a trail ride.

“Sh*t......that did not go as planned....”

[Image: Screenshot-281.jpg]

Karilla noticed the cut on Mike’s face during their conversation (and her botched attempt to ask him if they could hang out together) and knew right away where that cut came from....At that same moment, she found Jennifer near the porch of the house.

“I was talking to Mike before, and I noticed he had a cut below his eye!”
“Ok...mabye he accidentally cut himself on something....”
“No...I think...that the Killer Stallion bucked at him...I didn't want to admit that you were right but I'm beginning to think so....Maybe...that poor horse is too far gone.....maybe putting him down is the best option.....”
07-03-2013, 01:01 PM
The stallion is just balancing out the karma - Mike hits kid, horse hits Mike.

Yes