Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pregnancy Length
03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Pregnancy Length
Hi i'm new to the forum but not to the sims, i've played all the sims games on PC and PS2. I've had many interesting games but i have never got to do a legacy (which i'm doing now). I would often get hooked to other games and forget about the sims, the sims 2 was one game i couldn't get into at first but after a few expansion packs was released i found the game highly addictive and couldn't stop playing it.

So the pregnancy legth, well i figured if we can adjust the sims age to live longer/shorter lives then why can't we adjust the pregnancy legth too? i know there is a nod that can be added which will do this and i have it in for pregnancies to take 9 day's (was 30 but it was too long) i have my sims lives set to max so they live long and hopefully exciting day's. So could it be possible to add a slider for pregnancy length too, that would make it far better, i don't like adding too manyu mods because it slows the game down and the loading times can take a very long time which gets annoying.

Best wishes
Roy.

P.S. I will be posting my very first legacy soon, i hope you will like it. Oh and a quick word on the sims 3, i love it a huge improvement on the sims 2, hopefully we will see some of the sims 2 expanion packs ported over like Seasons and Pets. {yes}
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Re: Pregnancy Length
I like the idea, a real pregnancy is 9 months but certain things can delay or speed it up so to speak. We have the option to determine the lifespan of our sims, a vast improvement from TS2 so I think the idea of the pregnancy adjuster is great!

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
04-01-2010, 05:33 PM
That would be quite a good idea, it would add more fluency to the story once you adjust the times. I have never adjusted the timeline for the game, I have mine at the normal speed so it doesn't really effect me as such but I do think its something that should be considered. I love how the pregnancy in the sims has gotten more real in this game than in previous games, something that would also be good in this game would be the ability to have premature births...or perhaps its just me that longs for drama in my sims lives.

Some People Think I'm Bonkers<br />But I Just Think I'm Free<br />Cos I'm Just Living My Life<br />There's Nothing Crazy Bout Me.
04-01-2010, 08:04 PM
(04-01-2010 05:33 PM)FairyCake link Wrote:something that would also be good in this game would be the ability to have premature births...or perhaps its just me that longs for drama in my sims lives.

No not at all, i was thinking the samething earlier. Maybe in an expansion pack we will see some new features such as the pregnancy legth slidler and sims having premature babies or going over due.Big Grin
19-10-2010, 12:20 AM
RE: Pregnancy Length
a real pregnancy is 9 months but certain things can delay or speed it up so to speak. We have the option to determine the lifespan of our sims, a vast improvement from TS2 so I think the idea of the pregnancy adjuster is great!

28-10-2010, 06:43 AM
really nice suggestion for the game . it should be adjusted like the other things are .
consider my vote in favor .

make money working from home
05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
What if Sims could have miscarriage? Then it'd be like the Sim is going through the birth sequence at home, then... you hear a fart, see smoke where the baby was, then the baby's gone and the mommy throws a fit!!!!