Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register


Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I cancelled my pre-order
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Post: #8
Re: I cancelled my pre-order
(04-02-2009 02:02 PM)Sara link Wrote:That still doesn't mean that both TS and TS2 haven't sold A LOT of copies, because they have. And if they broke the record for PC sales, it must mean that people still buy it even if there are better games out there.

And then, there are many people like me, who can't afford game consoles and even there are those that still prefer the PC, that will only buy PC games and there is not much competition.

Agreed. I'm not saying that they haven't sold a lot of games, they did.  But they are going overboard when they say best selling franchise ever.  That is hard to believe when there are games franchises that had been around much longer, and have sold hundreds of millions on release day, like Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Final Fantasy, Mario, Pokemon...The Sims cannot be the best selling franchise ever.  It may be the biggest PC franchise, but not the biggest out of everything.

The Sims is the only game I buy on PC.  I don't PC game, because as you said, less competition.  Plus, PC games eat up your hard drive and RAM.  With a console, you have a variety of games, all kinds of titles, and you don't have to worry about not being able to play a game, because of your specs.

Delaying would only help them a little, but every penny adds up, even if TS3 don't sell super well on everything else.

(04-02-2009 01:53 PM)LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore link Wrote:Agreed.

But even on PC they have hard competition. Games like Crysis, Assassins Creed, in my opinion, are far better produced. Maybe they don't make that kind of money but the effort put into these games, the love of detail is delightful. Where as Sims is deteriorating into a business case more and more. The developers don't share with the community the way they used to. I'm turning cold towards this game and I used to love it passionately.


I agree.  I am also getting a cold heart towards EA.  The Sims is the only game I really had purchased from EA.  Their biggest games are Madden and The Sims.  They have annoyed me over the last lots of months with lack of news, no updates, and crap.

Yeah, Assassian's Creed and stuff are way better produced...idk what EA spends their cash on.  I know it's bills and paychecks, but they have lots left over.  And I know they use it for the development of expansion packs.  I don't know why it isn't produced as good as other games...the graphics are perfect, keeps the Sim's cartoony, loving appearance, but idk...probably it's a hard game to produce really good.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)