Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] CTD on Create User! Please help!
18-04-2012, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 12:07 AM by Bazerk83.)
RE: CTD on Create User! Please help!
Ok.... so.... this is the part where I hang my head in shame and tuck my tail between my legs. Lol.....
BECAUSE IT WORKED!!!!!
I'm half elated that I've solved the problem (Ironically not because I'm so desperate to play the game but more so because it's become and obsession, I HATE not being able to do anything on my PC that I KNOW I should be able to do! Yes, I'm anal that way,lol.)
Ok so, I know you're dying to know what it was, lol, ok maybe not.
I suddenly realised that I'd installed an app for triple buffering to help with screen tearing and vsync on Fallout 3.... well remember the issue with sims w3 was related to D3D9.dll? wellll the program is callllllled....
D3DOVERRIDER.....
Yes I know..... DOH!
It hadn't even occured to me. All these long winded workarounds I'd been trying and it was this tiny little app running quietly in the background.
DAMN YOU D3DOVERRIDER!!!!!
Thank you Waffen, for your help and tips trying to figure this out with me. I really appreciate it. Smile
and finally.... as the gameshow says.... right now I feel I should say... I am NOT smarter than a 10 year old/5th grader. Lol.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CTD on Create User! Please help! - Bazerk83 - 18-04-2012 12:06 AM