Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE!
23-03-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread
Quote:Avoid the books Wandarine, they are dull & have even less description or scene setting than a Harry Potter one with ten times the pages to do it in.
Too late, Minty, I read all of them last year in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms after the end of season 4. And they were actually quite good. The loose ends aren't very obvious until now, but that may change with TWOW, when Martin will (maybe) just not pick them up again. Well, this happens when you start publishing before you finish the story!

I've seen a science fiction series called Continuum in which it was really obvious that the author wasn't sure what way to lead the story. There's a scene that's apparently meant to show how the main character has the idea for an invention that will make him a millionaire, but then in the next season, the focus moves away from him and the break-through idea and resulting inventions are never mentioned again.

So, as much as I hate to effectively know only as much as a non-book-reader, if diverging the series from the books prevents GoT becoming Continuum, I'm absolutely okay with it.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread - Wandarine - 23-03-2015 03:50 PM
Game Of Thrones Thread - Minty - 02-06-2015, 09:56 PM