Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archipelago Bay: a building project!
07-07-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project!
I have now finished Ollie's house. It turned out a weird mustard colour, which is not what I was trying to achieve at the start, but I kind of like it.

2 Stackit Street

So, this is the last plot on Minty's Squiggle. You can see Minty's blue house and my red house at each end of the squiggle. We're going to squish Ollie in the middle so we can keep an eye on him!

[Image: AP_68.jpg]

[Image: AP_67.jpg]

As with the others, a bit of decking and a few stilts were needed at once, or sooner! Biggrin

[Image: AP_69.jpg]

Here is the finished article. I did warn you that it was mustard! The two-storey building is the house, the smaller building is the art studio/writing den, where Ollie can decide whether he feels like making words or pictures, or both.

[Image: AP_70.jpg]

In the background you can see loads of water taxis zooming from somewhere!

[Image: AP_71.jpg]

Plans of the two floors:

[Image: AP_72.jpg]

[Image: AP_73.jpg]

So, there we go. Ollie moved in to test that everything worked, bringing super-cool Aunty Caspin (if anyone ever did call me "Aunty" I think I'd have a fit) along for supervision.

Here's the kitchen area, with a whole world of chopping going on.

[Image: AP_74.jpg]

There is a big table outside on the deck but a little one inside in case the weather isn't great.

[Image: AP_75.jpg]

I thought they'd eaten plenty but then, being an Australian, Ollie felt compelled to start grilling things on the barbecue. Tongue

[Image: AP_76.jpg]

Being unable to move due to extreme stuffedness, watching TV was the only option that evening.

[Image: AP_77.jpg]

Inside the studio is a comfy sofa, some beverage-making aparatus, an easel and a desk with laptop.

[Image: AP_78.jpg]

[Image: AP_79.jpg]

The upstairs turned out rather orange (I was having difficulties with my colours today - nothing went quite to plan), but I decided to run with it. Mustard for the outside, relish for the inside!

[Image: AP_80.jpg]

[Image: AP_81.jpg]

[Image: AP_82.jpg]

There are sofas that guests can nap on, but Caspin decided she would show how tough she is by sleeping outside on a sturdy wooden lounger!

[Image: AP_83.jpg]

Finally, but quite importantly, speedboat testing!

[Image: AP_84.jpg]

Yep, that works fine and is speedy. Good!

Clapping
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archipelago Bay: a building project! - Caspin - 07-07-2014 05:16 PM