Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I love tea
17-06-2014, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 02:24 PM by Caspin.)
Wink I love tea
I love tea. Minty loves tea. Who else loves tea? Some people might say that many Brits are obsessed by tea. They would be right. Tea tea tea tea tea. Excuse me for a few moments while I harp on about tea.

BeatingHeart tea BeatingHeart

I love coffee as well but when you want a cup of tea, nothing else will suffice. I am bewildered by people who say "oh there's no tea left, I'll have coffee instead" as though those beverages are somehow interchangeable!

I also love teapots. Proper tea made in a proper pot and drunk from a proper cup. A tea cup - not a coffee cup and not a mug. No, a tea cup. Hope that is clear. The tea cup must come with a saucer, otherwise there is no sensible place to put your cake or biscuit.

And so I was amazed and delighted to see that in July the Store will be offering a tea set. This may actually be something I can buy to use up those pesky remaining simpoints. I haven't liked the last bunch of stuff in the Store but tea-related paraphernalia would be heartily welcomed by Caspin and friends.

It will be an anxious few weeks wait now until the tea set is properly revealed.

Will it be ugly (possible)?
Will it be preposterously expensive (yes)?
Will it be bugged to hell (chances are fair)?

Let us take a look at this initial image.

As the young people say: OMG. Omg

[Image: Screenshot-16%2520%25282%2529.jpg]

It is...... very...... chintzy.

The tea cups are acceptable. They are a teacup-shape. I see saucers. Apparently sims are going to do that thing of sticking their little finger in the air while drinking. I may have to look away while that happens.

The teapots are not acceptable. They are coffee pot-ish. They are displeasing to my eyes. And that sugar bowl is freaking huge. I don't take sugar. The milk jug is also gigantic.

And you'd better be able to have a version without that pattern.

Also what is going on with this picture - where are the boys? I demand equal teatime rights for male sims! Also for non-floral-dress-wearing female sims. Don't make me get out my placard!

I fear that sims will have to sit on a dining chair in order to drink tea. I want to drink tea on the sofa. Yes, I know, my demands are ceaseless. How else are we going to have a cup of tea while watching GoT?

Tea pots, in which you make tea, are on the left. Coffee pots, from which you serve coffee, are on the right.

[Image: Comparison_Tea_versus_Coffee_pots_1.jpg]

[Image: Comparison_Tea_versus_Coffee_pots_2.jpg]

Pay attention, EA!

I have mixed emotions about this and, well, I need a cup of tea. Sorry, I will calm down about this now. Someone pass me a hobnob.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I love tea - Caspin - 17-06-2014 01:58 PM
RE: I love tea - missdbug - 17-06-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: I love tea - Minty - 18-06-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: I love tea - Caspin - 27-06-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: I love tea - Minty - 28-06-2014, 12:14 PM
RE: I love tea - Caspin - 28-06-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: I love tea - Ollie - 04-07-2014, 04:52 PM
RE: I love tea - Caspin - 04-07-2014, 08:35 PM