Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Sims 4 Home
18-02-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: My Sims 4 Home
(17-02-2015 07:47 AM)b1245p Wrote:  One thing that they did with the sims 3 that I liked was making it so counter accessories didn't take up a whole grid square--same with floor lamps. Now in the Sims 4, only like two things can fit on a counter compared to the other games, and all floor lamps are make to take up a whole grid square.

How odd. No wonder there was so much excitement when the MOO cheat was released! Some people like a lot of clutter in their houses and restricting objects to one grid square is quite annoying - a step back to TS2 in that regard.

Roofing is my least favourite part of building, but only because I'm totally rubbish at it! Fortunately in TS3 the auto-roof feature does work reasonably well, so I usually play around with that to have a look at a few roof options before I start on it. I still lament the lack of texture options for roofs - we never did get proper thatch, just a painted-on effect that I don't really like. At least I do now remember the roof - I was one of those people that forgot about them sometimes in TS2 - until we got weather and then it was snowing indoors and all the sims were falling down frozen-solid. Biggrin

I see what you mean about the difficulties with the automated ceiling - and what could go wrong if the ceiling doesn't appear! I guess this might be something to do with the fact that you can now pick up and move (and share) rooms from within a building - they need to make them into self-contained modules to be movable. It's a bit annoying I'm sure. It would have been good to at least provide a ceiling tool so you can add missing tiles without faffing around with the walls.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My Sims 4 Home - b1245p - 16-02-2015, 04:49 AM
RE: My Sims 4 Home - Minty - 16-02-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: My Sims 4 Home - Caspin - 16-02-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: My Sims 4 Home - b1245p - 17-02-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: My Sims 4 Home - Caspin - 18-02-2015 04:58 PM