Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A thought about voices...
20-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Re: A thought about voices...
(06-02-2009 09:09 PM)Ebony Lee link Wrote:Yes! Just... YES. Accents are another one of those things that I've always wanted in the Sims. I have this group of characters that I want to incorporate into the Sims (who doesn't?) and one of them is supposed to be Russian. Very Russian. It is unthinkable, of course, to have a very Russian Sim without a very Russian accent. It simply does not work by any stretch of the imagination. Absolutely not.

Just as well, I'd love to have some more of the "mainstream" accents, if that makes sense, such as German, French, British, Jamaican, and others. Sunset Valley could be the proverbial "melting pot" if we, the cursors of God, so wish it. Big Grin
OH YES!! Mainstreem is what accents are all about in games if you ask me  {lol} Just think about how fun it would be to hear them talk with eachother Big Grin

(20-02-2009 07:27 AM)MÅJIÇK link Wrote:Accents would be cool, yeah.

But, it'd be hard ... since they already speak a jumbled language, how could you make them ... sound different?

Well, since it's a wierd language they've been speaking since TS1, making it different isn't too hard in my brain. It's about how certain noises are made or the flow in the sentence. How some letters are rolled (like "arr" not "aar", in some accents these are vital differences) or how the words link together (I've been told that Swedish sounds like singing because the differences in how words are toned and how they link together). So making simlish have accent differences shouldn't be that hard really. I think that some NPCs actually have accent like voices, like the gypsie or the vampire in Making Magic, altough that could just be me.

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A thought about voices... - MaidenM - 04-02-2009, 03:55 PM