Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Would you rather buy a solid Sims 3 game, with no expansion packs needed, and wait 4 years for TS4, or buy TS3 with expansion packs, including cars, weather, etc. over four years?
I would rather buy a solid Sims 3 game and wait four years until TS4. (No expansion packs)
I would rather buy the Sims 3, and buy all of the expansions over four years, until The Sims 4
I wouldn't buy any.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
POLL: Would you rather...
26-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Re: POLL: Would you rather...
i'd rather buying a solid game, because as it would be complete so i wouldn't need to waste money over 4 years...

actually playing the sims is repetitive enough even after getting expansion packs (when you get an expansion pack  it is very exciting the very first days but you rapidly get bored of you get use to do the same acts over 'n over...)

Each expansion pack cost almost the half of the base game + each stuff pack cost the half or an Esp...so it would make a huge amount of money spent during these four years.

Whereas buying the complete game once would be a good deal( thinking obviously, they 'd make an interesting price for the complete thing, kinda wholesale price) waiting for the sims 4.  Smile :Smile

CLOVER POWER!
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Expansion Packs and wait longer than 4 years - isn't that pretty much what we've just done with TS2? Like everyone else said, TS3 would get boring without a few EP's every now and then to spice things up. But then, they did mention that users can really expand our Sim neighbourhood in TS3, more than ever before, and just as much as an EP could. So possibly it wouldn't get quite as boring as it would if we had to play TS2 with no EP's. But still, I'd want them.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
26-04-2008, 11:53 AM
(25-04-2008 03:18 AM)ChalyssaMuch link Wrote:expansion packs definately
because the one solid game wouldnt be very great i can assure you..
because they come up with new ideas and additions constantly.

anyway even when they make expansion packs they don't ever go at the end of what they make.

I mean that's what happened to the sims 1 and 2...in the sims 1 we had to wait for sims 2 to be more detailed and  turned on out activities, have genes...etc ( by the way some of us are still waiting for the sims 2 making magic...so).

And now we are waiting for ts3 more realistic, and axed on sims will and social relations in a seamless world...i mean both are kinda same thing for me because there are a lot of great ideas they got (since the very beginning when they are making sims game ) but that won't ever be fully developed in one sims generation, so we will have to wait for the next generation to get it. Beside it you save money!

CLOVER POWER!
26-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I would rather buy the expansion packs than wait for the Sims 4.  We really don't know when TS4 is coming out.  I can be later than five years.  I am not really a big expansion buyer anyways.  I buy the ones I really want.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
26-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Who knows if there will even be a Sims 4. I guess the fans will want it, so there probably will be one.
26-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I have a feeling our Sims will keep evolving for a long time. Wink

26-04-2008, 10:09 PM
(26-04-2008 10:02 PM)Randomly Cassie link Wrote:I have a feeling our Sims will keep evolving for a long time. Wink

I hope so. I need something to spend my money on :o

I know that EA is accused of pumping out too many EPs, but we love them. You can't put everything into one game. It's already four discs! So if we want anything more than we have to have EPs. Also I know some people say that the excitement of EPs wear off after a few days and then it goes back to being boring...but that's not true at all for me. It permanently enhances me game for me. I would be lost without them.
26-04-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree with dejadejavu. Each EP comes with new, awesome features that totally improve the gameplay!
26-04-2008, 11:16 PM
(26-04-2008 10:09 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:[quote author=Randomly Cassie link=topic=1759.msg44744#msg44744 date=1209243720]
I have a feeling our Sims will keep evolving for a long time. Wink

I hope so. I need something to spend my money on :o

I know that EA is accused of pumping out too many EPs, but we love them. You can't put everything into one game. It's already four discs! So if we want anything more than we have to have EPs. Also I know some people say that the excitement of EPs wear off after a few days and then it goes back to being boring...but that's not true at all for me. It permanently enhances me game for me. I would be lost without them.
[/quote]

For me, the excitement does wear off, but I couldn't imagine the game without all the EP's, I'll tell you that. And besides, it gives us something to look forward to, and at least we're still getting new objects/features/clothes etc even if some of us do get bored with them eventually. EP's are a part of The Sims as a whole and it wouldn't be the same without them.Smile