Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about transfering items-sims-etc
11-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Question about transfering items-sims-etc
Hi,
I've been having a lot of problems lately. When I play the sims it only takes 1 minute before the game just shuts down. Now, my computer is not the problem, seriously. I'm well over all the system requirements. Now. I've also reinstalled everything. Base games, patches and expansions.

Then something occurred to me. What if the problem is not my computer or the game but my save games. I tested this theory by temporarily removing all of my save games and downloaded content (like hairstyles and objects and such) and starting a completely new game.

This theory proved correct. I could play for a while on a new sim I'd created in a new world.

Alas. I really, really, really want to continue playing my previous Sims. I have like 5 generations going and I really like them. Also my subscription on TSR ran out and I don't feel like paying... Again. So I'm wondering if there's a way to transfer the sims and the downloaded content (but not the houses and stuff, or the actual save game) to the entirely new game?

Or, if this is not possible... Is there anyone who's had the same trouble I have had and found a solution without having to give up the original save game?
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 10:36 PM by Minty.)
RE: Question about transfering items-sims-etc
Were you using any mods by any chance? Sometimes games can be corrupted if you remove a mod and then try to reload saved games where a particular mod interaction was ongoing at the time of the save.

Also, thanks to Pets there's been an update to the game that's causing some problems with custom content furnishings.

Don't give up yet! There may still be a way to rescue your saves.

Finally, you're PAYING for TSR stuff? From what I've heard most of their best people left over the summer and you can get the best stuff for free.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
12-11-2011, 01:05 AM
RE: Question about transfering items-sims-etc
Errr- could you explain the term mods? If you mean the stuff that actually changes software/game content (like world builder and allowing teenage pregnancies and such) then no. I only had extra furniture, hairstyles, eyes, clothes that sort of thing. I really wanted to try world builder but I haven't gotten around to it. If you mean something else... Then I've no clue : )

Alas I had the problem before and after installing Pets. I am now running Pets too, though. (strangely enough I remember building a house and the game never shut down. Only during the actual live-mode. But that might just be a coincidence.)

I certainly hope that there's still a chance! All those hours of mindlessly playing the Sims going to waste! D; All those grand, huge and really ugly houses I built!

Yeah. I only paid for one month though. September-October-ish. Or two months. I think two months was the minimum. Yeah. Anyway. I didn't know that. After I paid during early September I pretty much downloaded everything that looked cool and then didn't go back much. But if most of it is for free now... I might have to go and check again.