Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
11-03-2012, 05:04 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
Ouh, I love Skyrim so much! It's one of my favorite games! Big Grin

[Image: 7n35ndz]
[Image: r8giok.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 04:32 PM by Minty.)
When you start playing Skyrim, one of the most annoying features is having nowhere to store your stuff safely until you can afford to buy a home. This means many trips to the various crafting stations with only whatever items you can carry before selling them immediately, rather than storing several raid's worth in a trunk, doing lots of them in one convenient go when you're in the mood, selling what's worth your while and keeping others bits to use to skill up with for Smithing, Alchemy and Enchanting.

But there are in fact some places you can use for free without worrying about losing your hard won loot.

Here's a handy list of good free homes to use in the game, and where to find them.

Mixwater Mill Workers Homes, nr Kynesgrove (Eastmarch)

[Image: 35lvyh0.jpg]

Bang on the main road from Whiterun to Windhelm, you can use the Worker’s Home here as no one else does to store stuff in and use as a base. There’s only one person here, Gilfre the owner, who lives across the way and she won’t object.

The one drawback is that it’s right in the middle between two areas that suffer regular sorties from dragons against the giants on the other side of the river, and they’re not averse to having a pop at you.

However, if you simply hide behind the Workers Home (on the east side), this is a blind spot for the dragons: they know you’re there, but there’s nowhere for them to get low enough to blast you, so they leave you alone and fly off to find a giant to annoy.

There’s also the Riverside Shack to the north east of it, but since the previous occupant was eaten by a bear due to its alfresco nature, would you want to sleep in it or store your stuff?

The Alchemist’s Shack, nr Iverstead (The Rift)
[Image: 219vthv.jpg]

Almost like a 10x10 starterhome in Sims 3! The end table by the bed doesn’t respawn, which makes it ideal for using to store things in that you want to come back to later on after travelling away.

Drela’s Cottage nr
Morthal (Hjaalmarch)

[Image: vr62kg.jpg]

Once you’ve killed the nasty piece of work in there, this becomes a neat little home base. The only snag is that it’s slap bang on the flight path of one of the dragons forever annoying the Morthalians from Elderblood’s Peak (a place where dragons just keep on respawning all game long, and which is a real bitch to clear of them). But again, hide behind the cottage and the dragon’s humped.

Alva’s House, in Morthal (Hjaalmarch)
[Image: 4hw36a.jpg]

Once you’ve got rid of its occupants (in the quest you’ll get sucked into the moment you get here), you have Alva’s House to do with as you please. Two big chests and a wardrobe all waiting to house your
junk, as well as the barrels. There's also a cellar.

Lund’s Hut nr Rorikstead (Whiterun)
[Image: 1492mwi.jpg]

Right on the Reach/Whiterun border, and a stone’s throw from that of Hjaalmarch, its occupant is dead and the inside and outside are overrun with Skeevers. Kill them and you have a base to use at a pinch.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Skyrim DLC, Dawnguard has been revealed! Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

06-06-2012, 11:58 AM

The new trailer.

Crossbows! Fighting on horseback! Dragons going for a swim! Bat wings! No Katy Perry in THAT game expansion!

Clapping

06-06-2012, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 12:44 PM by Ollie.)
Well im going to have to restart my skyrim game after having to make a new playstation network account. At least this time around I will be much more experienced.

Anyway the dawnguard DLC looks good, i might get it, but I don't normally get many games dlc stuff.

Edit: After a re-think im still not 100% sure if I will get dawnguard, maybe a while after it comes out, but defiantly not straight away. I hope that there will be better dlc's which instead of bringing in new features instead, since skyrim is a massive game, I hope they expand and improve on the features that need the attention, which might include with marriage comes at least a tiny bit of family stuff included with a dlc because already in skyrim there is little use of marriage, but maybe add in a few kids for me to make with beautiful huntress woman, I forgot her name, Alea I think it is.

I also hope for better quests then the usual ones in skyrim I mean let's face it the quest that I enjoyed most in skyrim were the ones with the least killing and caves, which take forever to get through, so I hope some more interesting quests come about, maybe something to do with a new skill, hunting (which I would've enjoyed lots if it was in skyrim) like kill a rare bear known as the "Legen", which has been terrorising a small farming town for a couple of weeks or something creative like that.

Also quests with more options, like someone very powerful has commanded you to kill someone poor, who has been nice to you in the past and you have the option to kill the poor person and earn the respect of the powerful person, who may grant you a new power, or you could go against this powerful person, or you could kill the poor person and then go back and kill the powerful person, who told you to kill the poor person.

15-06-2012, 12:09 PM
(06-06-2012 12:56 PM)simman23 Wrote:  Well im going to have to restart my skyrim game after having to make a new playstation network account. At least this time around I will be much more experienced.

Anyway the dawnguard DLC looks good, i might get it, but I don't normally get many games dlc stuff.

Edit: After a re-think im still not 100% sure if I will get dawnguard, maybe a while after it comes out, but defiantly not straight away. I hope that there will be better dlc's which instead of bringing in new features instead, since skyrim is a massive game, I hope they expand and improve on the features that need the attention, which might include with marriage comes at least a tiny bit of family stuff included with a dlc because already in skyrim there is little use of marriage, but maybe add in a few kids for me to make with beautiful huntress woman, I forgot her name, Alea I think it is.

I also hope for better quests then the usual ones in skyrim I mean let's face it the quest that I enjoyed most in skyrim were the ones with the least killing and caves, which take forever to get through, so I hope some more interesting quests come about, maybe something to do with a new skill, hunting (which I would've enjoyed lots if it was in skyrim) like kill a rare bear known as the "Legen", which has been terrorising a small farming town for a couple of weeks or something creative like that.

Also quests with more options, like someone very powerful has commanded you to kill someone poor, who has been nice to you in the past and you have the option to kill the poor person and earn the respect of the powerful person, who may grant you a new power, or you could go against this powerful person, or you could kill the poor person and then go back and kill the powerful person, who told you to kill the poor person.
There's to be an online multiplayer version coming out, so they're aiming at the World Of Warcraft market except without the subscriptions.

Hear ya on the lack of options on killing people. That's what put me off the Dark Brotherhood - they're more trouble than they are worth as you can end up being required to kill people that have been useful characters for you. Have to say I've not played Skyrim for over a month now (I think).

15-06-2012, 01:03 PM
MMO's aren't really my thing. Some people might disagree with me on this one, but I think that skyrim could've gotten away with some multiplayer, it could be the same as single-player, but with others in the same world and there would be an option for "friendly fire". With multiplayer you could go through caves with friends and it would be an interesting experience.

Anyway I just started a new Skyrim game with a new Nord character, Dervin. I'm currently at level 6 and it's sad that I had to say good-bye to 70 + hours of my life playing skyrim.

20-07-2012, 02:00 AM
I have no idea if anyone is even going to read this, but I love Skyrim. <3 The graphics are amazing on my PS3. I also played Oblivion and Skyrim added so much more.
22-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Ollie's back playing Skyrim, and I cranked it up last night as the weather's so foul it put me in the mood for it.

I warned Arngeir that he had to prepare carefully for the conference at Hrothgar, but did he listen? All my work for nothing.

[Image: 153lilk.jpg]

NIBBLES PEOPLE! YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE NIBBLES AT A CONFERENCE TABLE. BangHead

War goes on, no truce, Alduin & the Sovngarde Krew continue ASBOing their way across Skyrim, screw you guys I'm going back to the Thieves Guild to rob the kite off the lot of you.
Oh, & I'll attack your camps as well just for the lulz! Tease

22-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Noo!! Don't attack my fellow racist Nord Stormcloaks, though you can attack the imperials.