Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
21-11-2011, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 12:29 PM by Minty.)
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
(21-11-2011 03:45 AM)breebree711 Wrote:  I do wub it!!! <3

My boyfriend got this game and was lost to humanity for about three days before he resurfaced for air XD

He never told me anything about it (I never asked, being that I was too busy watching Harry Potter like crazy, since DHp2 and Skyrim released the same day...) but now I really wanna play...

Simmers will love this, you say?
It's like World Adventures except far more deadly!

Big Grin

You can buy a home in each of the main cities as a base once you have enough money, which you will need to keep all your junk in. You can't keep hoping to push up your stamina so you can carry more forever. I hate it when you raid a place and find that the armour and weapons you needed just to complete it means you can't take home even a fraction of the loot!

Dodgy

Some of the old Elder Scrolls players have complained about this part saying it's like the Sims - quite right too! It's good that you can have a place to come "home" to after a quest with mementos of all your adventures and triumphs - I'm sad like that!

Blush

Have been given a Housecarl, Livia, in Whiterun - but I don't want her to get killed so I've told her to stay behind and await instructions. I've a feeling that having companions and followers will be required more during the tougher assignments so I'm keeping her in reserve until that time. She'll be hanging around the Jarl's "big house on the hill" until I can afford to buy a home (very disappointed that there's nowhere in Whiterun to provide a mortgage for first time buyers, guess Skyrim's banks all got credit crunched as well!).

Although it's a single player game, I think people will do better if they play it together, as the amount of stuff you have to learn is daunting, and having someone with you to advise especially in the early part of the game saves time (although the game has an excellent built in help).

One tip I would give is learn how to make restoring health and stamina potions quickly, you will need them badly in the early days when you are fighting opponents often far better armed and skilled than you. Also those frostbite spiders are annoying, but their poison put on your weapons can give you an edge in the early days, especially if you get attacked by a group of bandits (advice there is fighting retreat with bow and arrow until you've narrowed down the odds to one on one, use your shout if they get too close to give yourself more time to run).

Making potions is a good way to make money in the early days as well. Just harvest everything you can (mushrooms, wildflowers, bugs, ores - see, just like Sims!), get to the nearest Alchemy lab, make as many as possible (preferably with three ingredients if you know successful recipes for them) and sell off all those ones that restore health, stamina or magic for only a limited time like 20 seconds (more trouble than they're worth if you ask me).

Just now I'm contenting myself to flitting between Whiterun and Morthal and going through the list of Things To Do I've somehow accumulated. Ended up in Morthal during that Gray Manes quest en route to release their brother kept prisoner for fighting with the rebels. Before I knew what had happened, I was tasked with taking a letter back to Whiterun and solving a murder mystery by the local yokels. Hope old Gray Mane likes prison stale bread and water as that's going to stay his diet for a while longer!

Tongue

Crapped myself when a Flame Atronach appeared out of nowhere on the road back to Morthal and hit me with two firebolts before I knew what was happening, but firebolts are slow enough to dodge from the same distance you can fire off a few poisoned arrows to take it out, wait for the death explosion, and then grab yourself some free Flame Salts and booty - before running like your backside's on fire from the bear alerted to your presence by the explosion! 'Exit, pursued by a bear' indeed!

Big Grin

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Minty - 21-11-2011 12:28 PM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 23-11-2011, 07:58 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 28-11-2011, 07:40 AM