Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
17-12-2011, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 11:51 PM by Minty.)
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
(11-12-2011 04:01 AM)simman23 Wrote:  I have a question, can you have kids in skyrim? Because i know you can marry people, but kids?My reason being is that i want to gather them in a house and then set fire to it, jk.

PS: SKYRIM WON SPIKE TV'S GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!
You can't have kids but you can marry. You can also murder your spouse if you get fed up with them! There's this really annoying kid in Whiterun that I'd love to find a way of murdering as she keeps coming up to me saying "Who are you? I'm not afraid of you, even if you are my elder!"

Dodgy

Coming back to what Breebree and I were talking about earlier about saddos wanting nude skins and the like, it's not as if the game isn't unsubtle enough with the way the tavern wenches are dressed.

[Image: 10xg95s.jpg]

What's on the menu? Devil's Dumplings by the look of it!

Blush

Time for some more screenshots. Check this one I made of a dragon just above Kynesgrove.

[Image: 2uzw3a1.jpg]

Of course, it wasn't quite so beautiful and awe inspiring when he tried to turn the local tavern into a Kentucky Fried Nords outlet and so got a lot of arrows and firebolts for his trouble before he flew off to annoy the local giants and mammoths hippy commune nearby.

[Image: jl33o0.jpg]

Bad horsey! No stomping Louis Letrush into the ground. Even if he is a slaphead.

Big Grin

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Lol, I positively adore this thread :3

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed
19-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Markarth over in the west is a bit of a dump. Too stony, built all over a big hill with steps everywhere, the people all have permanent PMT (both genders) and the free house I've got to stay in has a temple to Molag Bal in the cellar as if it didn't make my skin crawl enough.

The big problem are the Forsworn, the local idiots as bad as the Stormcloaks for their retroism and have a passion for Hagravens. They're like a cross between Mallrats and New Age travellers.

[Image: iedopg.jpg]

I ran into a bunch of them in town as you can see during one of their stag nights (for Mebyon The Fartlighter or whatever he was called) just as they ran into the local Jarl with his armed guards, and one said to the head of the town "Here Guv'nor, the stripper's not turned up so mind if your wife and daughter do the honours?" - which to the sound of mass sword unsheathing was when it all turned sour.

Were it not for me having the presence of mind to jump off the steps into the nearby waterfall for a half my health hit, I'd have been involved in the bloodbath up above that duly followed (was hit by three falling corpses as I tried to swim out!)

[Image: 10oqwzb.jpg]

Oh and this picture really isn't what you think it is, Tynan and his mate are both dead (part of a bunch that tried to do the old "I'm afraid you know too much and now we're going to have to kill you" routine - bad move on their part) and when I moved the bodies away from the door to leave they kinda landed up that way.

Angel

25-12-2011, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 08:33 PM by Minty.)
All I wanted was a valuation on some stupid piece of jewellery, before I know I'm sucked into that stupid thieves guild and their smelly damp den and their 25 year old feud.

Worst of all though was when I was told I could join some super secret special gang. Everyone in Skyrim seems to be in something like this? How long before the Stonecutters, Dumbledore's Army and the Hair Club for Men are sure to turn up at this rate.

This one's been the biggest let down of the lot. I've spotted a couple of times these people with really scary looking all black outfits, like they'd cut you open and leave you for vultures to devour kinda thing.

But what are they called? The Nightingales. Needless to say my initiation and this other initiates didn't go well.

[Image: 15zfrzn.jpg]

Brynjolf: "NIGHTINGALES? You got us Karliah to dress up in these outfits that scream 'we're the most badass gang in the whole of Skyrim' only for you to tell us you want us to be called NIGHTINGALES? No wonder you got thrown out of the Thieves Guild."

Karliah: "That is our name. Nocturnal bids it and you should be honoured!"

Brynjolf: "Forget it! I don't care if she's a Daedric Princess. Everyone in the Ragged Flagon will rip on me forever if they find out I'm in some secret club that sounds like was created by boarding school girls! They'll be giving it 'Oh Brynjolf, do you have magic hockey sticks that cause 50 points of shock and magic damage?'."

[Image: 14xmc2b.jpg]

Nocturnal: "SILENCE MORTAL! Do not dare to question my will, or you shall pay with your soul!"

Brynjolf: "Screw you! I'd sooner die with my dignity intact that get ripped on for being a girly Nightingale."

Nocturnal: "What's wrong with being a Nightingale? Nightingales are powerful and mysterious."

Brynjolf: "Dude, seriously. See THIS is why GIRLS can't form super hardcore secret clubs. I'm surprised you haven't got us wearing fake fairy wings and added fluffy bits and sparkles to the blade and armour!"

Nocturnal: "The Nightingales ARE super hardcore! More super hardcore than everyone else, especially that stupid Dark Brotherhood who everyone knows are all just a bunch of mummy's boys!"

Brynjolf: "You just don't like them because they've got a pet spider, which shows you're being girly again!"

Nocturnal: "IS NOT! SPIDERS ARE GROSS! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!"

Brynjolf: "Is so! You're a big girly Daedric Princess who thinks dressing in black makes her dead emo and goth and super scary but I bet you cried like a girly girl at the end of Deathly Hallows!"

Nocturnal: "SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!"

Brynjolf: "Bet Boethiah would have a cool name for HIS secret gang! Why can't we be called the Ravens instead? You surround yourself with them? Ravens would be cool."

Nocturnal: (smug) "Coz you're not hardcore enough to be a Raven, only I am!"

Brynjolf: "Am so! Am so more than you! Bet you've even given all your ravens GIRLY names like Ebony and Sapphire!"

Nocturnal: (blushing) "So? So what if I have?"

Brynjolf: "Hahaha! Knew it!"

At which point Nocturnal got really pissed and started firing shock spells everywhere. Took a 50 point hit but was the only one that got out of the initiation chamber in time. I'll keep the muffled boots, but think I'll give joining the Nightingales a miss. I don't seem to have much luck with Daedric deities.

26-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Got Skyrim yesterday, im up to level 10 already and im currently doing quests to eventually marry Aela the huntress. Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Groar!

I must have this game!

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed
28-12-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm a werewolf now. Big Grin Tongue

I'm now thinking of joining the dark brotherhood, but then turn on them after a while and kill them! Evil me!

30-12-2011, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 11:04 AM by Minty.)
After encountering that Cicero looking for help transporting his "mother" (very Norman Bates), I've pretty much made up my mind to kill him the first excuse I get.

[Image: budo.gif]

Found out that note I'd received was from the Dark Brotherhood because I did an assassination for that boy. Don't like them already. First that Cicero and now stupid secret notes "we know all about you, betcha you're scared, coz we is so hardcore". All that "big secret gang" stuff. Mind you, now I'm a Nightingale I'm hardly in a position to talk!

Blush

06-01-2012, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 12:01 PM by Ollie.)
I finally married Aela the huntress. Another thing that happened to me is that while doing quest I ending up, accidentally joining the Thieve' s Guild. :/

I desperately need help in the main quests!!! *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Im on the quest "Alduin's Bane" and i'm currently finding it impossible to defeat (or you do whatever to him). Please help I have literally tried everything from using bows, to using swords and fire. Everything I do does no damage to hime! Sad

07-01-2012, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 12:52 AM by Minty.)
That's simple, you need to use the Dragonrend shout you learned - that's the only thing that will take Alduin down, and why the greybeards had you searching for that Elder Scroll to learn it.

Remember that you must hold down your Shout button while you are saying it to make sure Alduin gets the full force of it. Target Alduin as he flies down to a hover, or has landed (fighting any dragons, you are best always to find some cover, taunt the dragon with arrows and duck behind or under the cover when it fires its fire or ice breath (be ready to TAB to items and be sinking down those potions or food that restore stamina and health).

Alduin is one tough dragon. You will use up a lot of arrows and potions. If you've not been playing the game for long I would leave fighting him and do other stuff to boost up your skills in combat and get good enough armour to have a chance.

[Image: 2istcp5.jpg]

In my own game, I had left horsey down a mountain to keep him out of trouble when I went to a guarded cave (why can't we choose to travel to places without a horse the same way we can leave companions behind?). But as I was going up the mountain path, a dragon attacked me first before switching attentions to my horse.

[Image: o8dlvt.jpg]

You big bully! Leave my horsey alone! Pick on someone who can fight back!

[Image: dfhjwi.jpg]

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! Horsey got mad at being blasted with fire - when the dragon dropped down to kill it with a bite, Horsey charged forward and kicked it in the face twice with its front hooves - dead dragon!

[Image: sohappy.gif]

Later on, Horsey and I went to another spot I drop him off at for safety.

[Image: 5kp082.jpg]

There was this deer in a big pile of white powder.

[Image: j92a9u.jpg]

Look how it was acting after sticking its muzzle into it!

[Image: 23uvrjt.jpg]

It was looking and acting so weird and aggressive at this part.

[Image: 2i8x5ar.jpg]
[Image: 2aj6xdg.jpg]

That was one loaded deer!

[Image: wacko.gif]