Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
09-10-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
Does anyone have the Hearthfire DLC yet? I'm really enjoying it...although it's a bit of a pain to gather all the supplies for building! I suppose that's kind of the point though Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Nope, im still waiting for the DLC to come out on PS3 (if it ever does).

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

10-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Hearthfire is available very cheap on Steam. For all the size of it I suppose there's little point putting it in the shops & they'll be leaving it for a special edition of the main game in the future with everything bundled together.

Another little discovery I made that you may find useful.

[Image: 137251.jpg]

If you would like to own Drela's Cottage close to Morthal, you can do so by simply typing in the three pieces of code into Console above (hitting the ` key on the top left of your keyboard).

This will give you ownership & will stop any of the sacks or chests respawning & losing you any precious gear stored. Unfortunately the bookshelves will remain unusable. It will also stop Drela respawning even after you've killed him & dumped his body in the firepit to become a crispy Dunmerburger.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
27-10-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 10:16 AM by Minty.)
A few little updates for you that may prove of interest. It appears with the last two game updates the programmers accidentally left clues to the next game expansion, & it appears that Skyrim will be heading eastwards to take in Solstheim, the island in the devestated province of Morrowind in previous incarnations of The Elder Scrolls.

Solstheim is just north by north-west of the city of Blacklight in Morrowind, itself east of Windhelm (the two cities are linked by the road the Refugee's Rest tower is along, close to the Skyrim-Morrowind border)

This is what it looked like in an old game screenshot. Doesn't look like it has big enough mountains to have any frost trolls around, but it could also be a refuge for dragons since Alduin's fall

[Image: c8849.jpg]

This would give something for the East Empire Company in Windhelm to do in the game, as they had set up a mining town in Raven Rock until they ran out of money.

The Imperials have a large fort over at Fort Frostmoth (where the East Empire Company also has an office), & logically this would make for a launch pad for any attempt to retake Skyrim from the east. There is however a twist, Fort Frostmoth is a punishment posting - legionnaires are sent there as punishment for behaviour committed elsewhere as an alternative to imprisonment (Tamriel does community service orders!), so it could also be ripe for mutiny if there's enough Nords around.

The island is also full of Dunmer (Dark Elf) refugees ever since the Red Mountain eruption that devestated Morrowind (and in turn Winterhold) coupled with the Argonian invasion that followed. With Argonian ethnic-cleansers to the south & east of them, & the politically incorrect Stormcloaks to the west, the Solstheim Dunmer might be feeling a little bit defensive given events.

Also, if you use glitches and console commands to head past the south gate (south of Helgen), you can see the White-Gold Tower in Cyrodiil, so it could be that the game expands into Cyrodiil at some stage (perhaps a one off visit same as happens with Skuldafn Temple)

27-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Trouble is, we are playing Skyrim on PS, so I don't think we can get these expansions, or not yet anyway Sad

We just got the house in Riften - I was overly happy that it came with a garden and CHICKENS Big Grin
27-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Damn I have been trying to get the house in Riften for ages and in the end I gave up.

28-10-2012, 07:07 PM
That's a shame, I quite like the Riften house. I still like Breezehome best, it's the most cozy. I wish you could have pigs in Skyrim, seeing as you can have chickens. Some of the bigger houses, like the one in Solitude, look good but they don't seem very homely to me.
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
To get the home in Riften, Ollie, you need to complete a quest for the Jarl putting the local Skooma trade out of business. All of the buyable homes in Skyrim have some Jarl's job string attached to them, the worst of the lot being Windhelm's as you have to have done some of the Civil War quests to get it on top of Blood On The Ice.

Word has filtered out there's to be a new Skyrim trailer for the next add-on come November 5th, with a teaser pic being issued.

[Image: ef5w7.jpg]

The word from the Elder Scrolls experts (those that have played it since the start) is this looks like some sort of advanced Chitlin armour. If you get Dawnguard, the armour on the horrible Falmer is dramatically improved in looks & strength. This appears to be a further advancement.

Where has something similar been seen before? The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind - so again an indication they're heading east to Solstheim as rumours. Dragon riding & spears are also being introduced in the new expansion that is to be called Dragonborn.

Other places that will appear are supposed to be the Telvanni Isles (north east Morrowind), Castle Karstaag (which last appeared in Elder Scrolls III Blood Moon - in north Solstheim) and Raven Rock (the mining town of Solstheim set up by the East Empire company I mentioned in my last post).

04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I did that quest and a few others around Riften, but got nothing. :/
Maybe I have some bug.

05-11-2012, 07:09 PM
BeatingHeart BeatingHeart BeatingHeart The trailer is out, & it looks fab! BeatingHeart BeatingHeart BeatingHeart

You can even download it if you want to sit & drool over it all day long until the happy day it comes out.

http://bethsoft.com/util/dl/http://conte...81_3_3.mp4