Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
26-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Question RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
I prefer Oblivion. Skyrim takes style over substance too much. Sure, there is a lifetime supply of quests, but they're all practically the same collect mission, and they aren't multi-pathed anywhere near what we saw in the Fallout games. Despite all the deep viking voices, heavy armor and snowy tundra, Skyrim never feels like an epic adventure to me, apart from when your fighting large monsters.
Fighting large, powerful creatures is when the game truly shines, imo. Whether it's a giant spider or a dragon, it's extremely epic and intense. But Elder Scrolls didn't become popular because of its epic action - it became popular because of its dynamic role playing and adventure. It's like going to a concert and saying the best thing about it was the comfortable seats.
I pick it up and play whenever I want to chill out, but I could never get into it the same way I did with Morrowing or Oblivion. They're games that actually challenge your skill in a way Skyrim doesn't. You can turn up the difficulty, (I play it on legendary) but it doesn't really change much. It doesn't make the game more realistically difficult, for example, it doesn't make items cost more, treasure harder to find or any other thing that would make the game more challenging, it just becomes easier to die, and enemies harder to kill. It just makes it more annoying, because you just die over and over again. So why turn up the difficulty at all? You might as well keep it on normal and enjoy all the brutal action the game has to offer, but that's not what a game is all about. Playing Skyrim on the hardest difficulty is the only way I feel like I'm challenging myself, but it's also the most irratating way of playing BangHead

Still, that isn't gonna stop me from playing it tonight.

Here's an article that perfectly summarizes how I feel about Skyrim:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-personalit...deal-with/
I thought I was alone in the universe until this article came out

[Image: 9506114279_7f0d652bd0_o.jpg]

A sprawling, suburban, Simlish soap opera!
http://www.historyofpleasantview.blogspot.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 23-11-2011, 07:58 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 28-11-2011, 07:40 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Dwinger - 26-08-2013 07:00 AM