Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
27-08-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet?
I've been messing around with some mods lately. Most of them are a waste of hard drive space, & avoid the much touted "Warzones - Civil Unrest" and "Moonpath To Elswyr" ones one completely.

[Image: wyrmstoothpalette.gif]

I will recommend Wyrmstooth. Imagine an island a bit bigger than Solsheim, but more like Skyrim in climate, & made like it had been done by professionals.

Brilliant, imaginative storylines, believable characters with plausible motives. The East Empire Company runs the show, but that doesn't stop the usual idiots from the Imperials, Stormcloaks & Thalmor coming along to mess matters up, plus vampire assassins & all the others that want to see you joining the Draugr (they're around too!).

You have to complete the main quest before you are able to get back off the island again (the situation is that regular ferry journeys have been suspended until their "little problem" has been sorted), but once done you can go in & out, & even buy property. If you are lucky, you'll also get to see a runaway wagon crash, which is funny. Even M'aiq the Liar turned up at random as did Babette from the Dark Brotherhood. But I'll not give too much away. Go & enjoy this free treat.

I can also recommend Immersive Patrols - which does what Warzones tried to but without going over the top. Very small & simple but achieves so much. Now you have the Stormcloaks, Imperials, Silver Hands, Forsworn, Werewolves, Dawnguard, Vampires & of course the Thalmor & bandits all roaming around in regular routine patrols on the roads (& elsewhere) in groups of four or so looking for trouble - & sometimes even running into one another. They'll even attack fortifications that are held by an opposing faction or by bandits/necromancers.

See a bunch of Thalmor coming one way with a prisoner & bunch of Stormcloaks walking off the moors in the same direction, & wish someone in Skyrim would invent popcorn! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 23-11-2011, 07:58 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Cororon - 28-11-2011, 07:40 AM
RE: Anyone Played Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V) Yet? - Minty - 27-08-2013 10:15 PM