Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP! The Sims 3 on Mac, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!
25-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Question HELP! The Sims 3 on Mac, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!
MacBook Pro Specs:
Size: 13 inch
Bought: August 2011
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

I just went out and bought The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Ambitions EP yesterday and have been having problems ever since. My first problem: after installing The Sims 3, it tells me there are updates that need to be downloaded (no updates have been done whatsoever). When I accept to download them, the download gets almost to the end, and the box just disappears, without finishing the download. If I try to play the game from there, the graphics are distorted, eyes are messed up, can't see clothes, only skin color, etc. However, last night I tried the download numerous times and it did finally finish, however sims were still distorted. After that, I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall and problems still occurred.

Also, after the very first time that I installed The Sims 3 (without any updates), I installed The Sims 3 Ambitions EP. However, when I tried to play The Sims 3 Ambitions EP, the program was opening and closing, repeatedly and there were 2 of The Sims 3 Ambitions open at all times. I could not force close or shut down my computer, so I held down the power button and uninstalled once the computer came back on.

Have there been any solutions to either of these problems? I was so excited to get the game and play, however I've spent about 8+ hours trying to get things working. I haven't had any problems with the game freezing or anything, yet I only played it for about a max of 30 minutes with the distorted graphics. The game glitched and lagged around, however never completely froze.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2011, 11:36 PM
RE: HELP! The Sims 3 on Mac, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!
Hi Shelbybabeyy.

If you are having problems with playing the game on your Mac, the best person to ask I think is someone called Bluebell Flora on her blog. I heard she's giving up on the game, but if you ask her nicely she might be able to help.

Another place you may want to try is the forum Bear Mountain Creations, as they have a lot of Mac users in that place who should be able to help.

Forget about asking help on the official EA Sims 3 forum - they are notorious for being truculent towards Mac users and all the problems they are having with the game.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
28-11-2011, 01:12 AM
(27-11-2011 11:36 PM)WaffenThinMint Wrote:  Hi Shelbybabeyy.

If you are having problems with playing the game on your Mac, the best person to ask I think is someone called Bluebell Flora on her blog. I heard she's giving up on the game, but if you ask her nicely she might be able to help.

Another place you may want to try is the forum Bear Mountain Creations, as they have a lot of Mac users in that place who should be able to help.

Forget about asking help on the official EA Sims 3 forum - they are notorious for being truculent towards Mac users and all the problems they are having with the game.
Thanks a lot! I just restored my mac back to Snow Leopard and it's working great so far. Lion is terrible!
06-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Personally, I really hate PC. But after having many macs, I have noticed they have had a tendency to hate games.

Macs are just not made for computer games
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Macs are perfectly good for games, so long as the games manufacturers can be bothered to code for them.

Mac users only account for about 10% of the market and so are easily overlooked, but that's a big enough market to cater for, especially now Apple are challenging the PC/Windows market with their own high street stores and Geniuses to provide on tap technical advice. They're aiming for those people who have decided they "haven't got time anymore" for all the heartache PCs tend to bring and want a more "on hands" relationship for their computer similar to that they can expect with their washing machine, car, TV, and so on.

The stereotype of the Apple Mac user is some business executive type with money to burn, or a born again New Age housewife in the suburbs who read on the Internet that Bill Gates and Windows are evil, or private school or students wanting to show they're the sort of people who think "outside the box" and "ahead of the curve", etc. The important part is each have plenty of money to do it with. While the PC market is forever about driving down prices and being bigger, better, faster, Apple aims for the "quality user" end of the market. It's not such a bad idea, once upon a time computers were strictly for those for whom money was no object, and that Apple's share of the market is increasing in a massive economic downturn means they've kept those people who will always have money to burn. There's no point in having a bigger share of the market if that bigger share are all skint!

It does surprise me that Apple don't try manufacturing their own range of quality games which only Macs can use as a come-on to get people to convert, the same way the cartridge console manufacturers like Sega began producing games that were never ported to PC. If they did, PC could find their dominance of the computer world in trouble.

[Image: 135762.jpg]