Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else couldn't care two rats bottoms about Showtime?
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 11:50 AM by Minty.)
Music Anyone else couldn't care two rats bottoms about Showtime?
Once I saw what was going to be in it, I was livid.

Thanks EA for selling Late Night to me deliberately crippled so that you could sell the missing bits (lead singers and DJs) to be for full price along with your crappy social features to try and force us into joining Facebook to get all the "extras" (don't worry by the way, you can be certain that free copies of all those goodies will be posted up all over the internet before the first 24 hours of release day are up). But just to add insult to injury, you're selling us all these bits packaged as part of some stupid pastiche of all those awful reality TV talent shows.

Being a celebrity may be the most important thing in the universe to people living in California, but away from EA's HQ most people in the real world couldn't care less. Not everyone is obsessed with The X Factor, Pop Idol or whatever. The entire world doesn't revolve around morons desperate to be front page news and happy to prostitute themselves in any manner possible to achieve it down to their last shred of dignity.

I want my game to be about fun, not what passes for reality in the minds of Paris Hilton, Lady Gaga or one of those other wastes of space. I don't want a game to be about being obsessed with becoming famous. I'm sick of loading up my game and the first thing I have to do on starting a new world is use Twallan's Master Controller to annihilate all the papparazzi. I want the game the way it was before Late Night came along and put this stupid celebrity obsession into it.

Angry Angry Angry Angry

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2011, 01:39 AM
RE: Anyone else couldn't care two rats bottoms about Showtime?
Yeah, I was kinda upset when I heard about Showtime. I haven't been buying expansions since Late Night because they release them too quickly Tongue But I'll probably buy it...someday. *dramatic music* Wink

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
17-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Showtime just looks dodgy so many problems waiting to happen
17-12-2011, 04:25 AM
I'm kinda over the sims. I agree with Paul they come out too quick and the last ep that I got was late night, and that was the middle of this year. Tongue

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

14-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I soo agree! Showtime is just Late night with a few 'extras'. I mean seriously? Why not just put it in one freakin' pack? Its not like the game will lag anymore than it already does.
15-02-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm not looking forward to it at all. It's just "American Idol" in game format. I never watch the programme (but I do like the clips on youtube with the WORST singers =P) I will buy Showtime anyway since I collect the EPs. Confused Not sure that I will install it the same day I get it though, since the mods must be updated before I can play.
02-03-2012, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 03:17 AM by Munsta.)
When I first saw the announcement of this Expansion Pack, I wasn't too thrilled about it considering I hadn't played The Sims 3 in over a year. However, I've recently re-installed The Sims 3 and the shameful one expansion pack that I do actually have for it (World Adventures...oh and High End Loft Stuff too...shows you how long ago I actually played!) and was thinking about getting Showtime.

Superstar was my favourite Expansion Pack for The Sims 1 (and I played that last week, except it got boring pretty fast...not as fun as it used to be!), so I thought this would be similar to that. From the clips I've watched regarding the game, it looks alright. I doubt it's going to be as fun as Superstar, but it'll still be a good play.

I've noticed people saying that it's basically just a rip-off, or rework of Late Night. I don't know too much information about that as I haven't really kept up with the latest Sims games. I was pretty shocked to find out we were on Expansion Pack 6 for the game now... I still remember the day the placeholder was put up for the launch of the Official Website (The first tacky version anyway, not the one we have at the moment).

Not long until the release now anyway, and then we can judge for real.

Coming Soon...
16-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Showtime is OK... but next EP will be about magic and have werewolves. Confused

[Image: werewolves.jpg]
22-03-2012, 05:46 PM
As soon as I found out (the hard way) that you actually cannot follow your Sims to your friends world when you Simport, I washed my hands of it. The advertising of the game is actually better than the actual game...lol

[Image: banner-2.jpg]