Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cheat Code Help
12-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Question Cheat Code Help
Hello! I just joined this site today because I've been needing some help. For The Sims 3, there's a cheat code called testingCheatsenabled true. I know you can use it for making your skills maxed in The Sims 2, but can you do the same thing in The Sims 3?
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 06:03 PM by Minty.)
RE: Cheat Code Help
(12-12-2011 01:50 AM)Beautiifull Wrote:  Hello! I just joined this site today because I've been needing some help. For The Sims 3, there's a cheat code called testingCheatsenabled true. I know you can use it for making your skills maxed in The Sims 2, but can you do the same thing in The Sims 3?

Hi Beautifull.

Yes, to use it, what you need to do is press on your keyboard CONTROL, SHIFT & C at the same time.

A blue bar will appear at the top of your screen.

Now type TestingCheatsEnabled true and you will now be able to type in any one of a number of cheats, some of which you may need to use when building houses to get them the way you want it to be.

Probably the most common use for the above is so you can move your Sims' status bars as desired by clicking and dragging (hygiene, energy, fun, etc.).

Here's a list of some of the cheats you can then use (you must type them in as written or they will not work):

help - Display most cheats
Kaching - 1,000 more Simoleons
Motherlode - 50,000 more Simoleons
shazaam - +2,500 lifetime happiness points to active Sim
freerealestate - Ignore the cost when buying a lot
modify traits - Set or clear traits
add to household - Add active Sim to current household
set age [insert number] - Set age of the Sim
edit in cas - Take the Sim back to Create-a-Sim
set career [insert career/level] - Give selected Sim a career
force opportunity - Click career building you work at to force an opportunity
force event - Click career building you work at to force an event
force all events - Click career building to display all events for the career consecutively
force service sim [name] - Force a specific service Sim to appear
force visitor - Forces a neighbor to show up
make me know everyone - Selected Sim knows every other Sim
make friends for me - Make several random friends for selected Sim
make happy - Sets all mood/moodlets for everyone in the house to perfect; removes negative moodlets
make motives [static or dynamic] - Set motives static or dynamic for entire household
unlockOutfits [on or off] - View career outfits and service uniforms
PLEASE NOTE: This code must be enabled before entering Create-A-Sim mode, or it will not work!
moveObjects [on or off] - No limitations for placing/moving objects
resetSim [first name] [last name] - Return Sims to safe and neutral state at home
constrainFloorElevation [true or false] - Force terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures
disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt [on or off] - Objects will not snap to slots while holding [Alt]
fadeObjects [on or off] - Objects fade when camera gets close to them
snapObjectsToAngle [true or false] - Toggle 45 degree angle object snap
snapObjectsToGrid [true or false] - Toggle snap to grid for placed objects
hideHeadlineEffects [on or off] - Show talk/thought balloons above Sim's head
jokePlease - Print random joke to console
enablellamas [on or off] - Llamas enabled message. Llamas are those little notice bars that keep appearing over on the top right.
slowMotionViz: [0-8] - Slow motion visuals; 0 is normal, 8 is slowest
testingCheatsenabled [true or false] - Enable testing cheats
fps [on or off] -
Toggle framerate display at top right
fullscreen [on or off] - Full screen
quit - Quit the game (useful if the game has crashed and there's no other way out)[/font]

Hope this helps!

Big Grin

[Image: 135762.jpg]
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks! It does help a lot. So you CAN use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat to max out the skills for sims? Like cleaning, gardening, cooking etc?
12-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Yes, you can use it for this, but to be honest if you are wanting to do a lot of changes like this, you would be best to get Twallan's Master Controller mod.

(It's in package format, so all you do is drop it into your C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3Mods\Packages folder).

The advantage is you use the same console you use to order your Sims around in game with, rather than having to muck around typing codes in the command line. Far less hassle and it means you can create Sims to have particular skills as well as traits with ease, useful if you are populating a neighbourhood.

You can get the Master Controller here: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/...nraas-mods

It used to be you could download it off the site without having to register, unfortunately The Isz (who runs the website that hosts it and unlike Twallan is a right wee power-tripping tinpot tyrant) has decreed that people now have to register because she says so, but it doesn't cost you anything to do so and only takes a few minutes. Worth the time!

Smile

[Image: 135762.jpg]