Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Book Thread :D
01-03-2012, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 05:11 AM by gothika.)
Offical Book Thread :D
Just wondering has anyone has read the Hunger Games series?! I read the first book and am excited to read the last two Heart ! The movie that goes along with this is due out march 23, I believe. I can't wait Big Grin I am disappointed with some of the selection for the characters. :/ has that ever happened? You imagine a character but when you see the poster/trailer for the movie you're like "wtf is this?"or you see other people's interpretation of the characters?

Now I'm sure (hopefully) that I'm not the only one who falls in love with characters....it was Ron weasley in harry potter. And now it is Peeta in the hunger games. Heart I have a sad life. Even though I've gotten through the first book. I love Peeta already. And I feel for him.

I wanted to make this thread so people can feel free to talk about recent books,recommendation or simply babble about books. Smile
Any recent good books that you've read? Any good recommendation? Share! Smile

Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
RE: Offical Book Thread :D
Currently reading "The Third Reich" by Roberto Bolano, since it was in my local library and I liked the cover Budo
Really not too sure about it, and have a bad feeling it's one of those arty-farty books loved by "literary critics" but used as a prop on a shaky table leg by everyone else. BangHead

[Image: 135762.jpg]
03-03-2012, 03:22 AM
I loved it personally! :3 SO MANY PEOPLE ARE WANTING TO HOLD THE 2ND BOOK. OMG. 170 SOMETHING PEOPLE /dies

06-03-2012, 12:52 AM
lol, I read all The Hunger Games when they first came out Tongue Love Peeta too ^.^ I actually entered a costume contest as him! haha!

Have you read Divergent? It's reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy great! Big Grin

[Image: BreeBree711.png]
Insufficiency Revealed
06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
looking to read something new. Got any ideas? I like detective books or realistic spy/espionage type books (preferably based around 1960/70's).

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

11-03-2012, 09:30 PM
(06-03-2012 12:52 AM)breebree711 Wrote:  lol, I read all The Hunger Games when they first came out Tongue Love Peeta too ^.^ I actually entered a costume contest as him! haha!

Have you read Divergent? It's reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy great! Big Grin
SHOOSH Tongue I have yet to read the second book. .___.'

@Ollie--hmm. idk. I don't really read much of mystery books xD

11-03-2012, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 11:08 PM by TheMiktiger.)
I've read the whole Hunger Games series in like a week when I was sick. xD Freakin loved them!

And I'm reading I am Number 4, it's really good so far, and I'm 200 something pages in. Smile

[Image: 7n35ndz]
[Image: r8giok.gif]
13-03-2012, 11:49 PM
I LOVED The Hunger Games books! The last one got slow at times (I think that's just because I liked the actual Hunger Games) but I laughed when a certain person was killed towards the end of Mockingjay (no spoilers I promise Tongue)

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
15-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I read the Hunger Games, and Divergent.
It took me a while to like Peeta because I really thought he was lying about his feelings at first (like Katniss did) to get ahead in the game. I was a Gale fan to start.

Anyone read anything by Cassandra Clare? Her books are pretty much the epitome of awesome.

Carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com - A Random Legacy
16-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I AM ON BOOK 2. I was fan Peeta from the start, the boy with the bread will always have my heart <3
and the guy who plays Peeta is so cute! Smile I love Peeta. OMG YES. /ends fandom

I've seen you reblog her stuff on Tumblr, but nope I haven't.