Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Caspin the Tramp
27-06-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Caspin the Tramp
Success!

Amazingly, Caspin has earned enough money to move into the cheapest apartment in town. I thought it would take much longer. Gardening is the key!

I grew lots of vegetables around the tent. In the process I maxed out the gardening skill, so I also got the certificate in the post, which netted me an extra 1000 simoleons, nice! Caspin was upset when her tomatoes died.

[Image: 18_PoorPlant.jpg]

She also collected rocks wherever they happened to turn up. Most of them were worth very little, but it's still getting something for nothing! On one occasion she found a rainbow gem, that was about 500 simoleons uncut.

[Image: 19_SuccessThroughRocks.jpg]

Rocks aside, it's the grapes that really paid their way. The food in Sims is really expensive relative to the cost of housing, presumably because that makes sense when your life is measured in days rather than years.

[Image: 20_ThePriceOfVeg.jpg]

Caspin's apartment cost approximately 400 watermelon. I estimate that to buy an equivalent flat in RL I would have to sell around 700,000 limes!

Anyway, with the maths on her side, Caspin the Tramp walked out of the grocery store... and into her new life!

[Image: 21_SuccessThroughGardening.jpg]

[Image: 22_NewPlace.jpg]

Hoorah! Yes
Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Woohoo! Now you have an apartment, things should hopefully be looking up.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Indoors already - your Sim should be feeling more contented now they'd distented! Biggrin

[Image: 135762.jpg]
02-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Big Grin

Yes, she's very happy. Had to do a bit of decorating in the new place but it's looking quite smart now. I've taken a little break from my now-ex-tramp game to start a new one in Lucky Palms, but I'll go back at some point. It would be nice to live in that little world in a normal way now she's out of the tent - she can get a job, go to the spa etc. Lovely.
14-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Under A Roof

My sim has settled into her new apartment quite nicely. There is lots of indoor space compared to the tent, but no garden, and she misses her tomato plants! No amount of fine vegetables could compensate for the loveliness of a new bed, though. Ahhhh! New bed! Sleepy

[Image: 23_Bed.jpg]

There was great excitement over her first... hot food! Life without pancakes was just not sustainable in the long run. Not for my sim anyway.

[Image: 24_Kitchen.jpg]

[Image: 25_HotFood.jpg]

She was relieved to have a hot bath too, beats walking all the way to the gym for a shower. I did some skilling today, and loved her face as she beat the taps with a spanner. That's the way to do it! In life this would result in breakage, in Sims it results in never cleaning the tub again. Hoorah!

[Image: 26_BathTub.jpg]

She has no job yet. I figured she's survived this long without one so there is no rush. After furnishing her new place she was down to $9 but she still has some fruits in her backpack. She got a bit bored and lonely hitting stuff with tools, so took a bike ride to the park to play gnubb with BluebellFlora.

[Image: 27_Fun.jpg]

Now can you see why Bluebell might have won? Yes, Caspin is facing away from the gnubb game. Away! :imslow:

Sigh. Never mind, off to the Nectary gardens to harvest some food. Old habits die hard.

[Image: 28_MoreGrapes.jpg]

In the garden Caspin took on Napoleon and won!

[Image: 29_Napoleon.jpg]

While at the Nectary I decided to turn the grapes I had gathered into some nectar. Caspin did not quite understand that not all tubs are for bathing. I feel that we have quite a steep learning curve ahead before she can fully integrate back into society.

[Image: 30_NotABath.jpg]

Nectar turned out nice though Haveadrink
17-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Biggrin Maybe Caspin Simmie was lining up one hell of a trick show with her gnubb throw?

Same old Napoleon, comes into battle the same old way & gets despatched the same old way! Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
18-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Ha, maybe! I can't aim very well in RL so it made me chuckle heartily to see my poor sim failing at a game where you just have to throw a stick a short distance! I liked Bluebell's exasperated stare at Caspin as well.

Omg

I did excel at the nectar-making though. Stomping on grapes with just your feet takes too long - just sit on them! My sim upgraded one of the nectar presses and received a bunch of simoleons for doing so - presumably as a fee for upgrading something on a community lot? I've never seen that happen before, despite having upgraded plenty of showers at sim gyms. Shame I didn't know earlier, I could have netted my tramp some easy money!