Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Mints Of Wrath (A Rags To Riches Challenge)
14-07-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: The Mints Of Wrath (A Rags To Riches Challenge)
Not sure how I got started reading this but I love it!

[Image: beaglelover2008.png]

Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2012, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2012 01:31 PM by Minty.)
Day 7 & 8

Sorry about the delay updating, I wasted time trying to solve what now appears to be a map bug (will get in touch with Magic_Dancer to let her know).

[Image: 136500.jpg]

Waking up on top of the tomb, Minty Green found an archeological dig site to find some extra goodies.

[Image: 136501.jpg]

There was nothing else really to see, so it was time to go back.

[Image: 136502.jpg]

This was where the problem started.

[Image: 136503.jpg]

No matter how many times he dived into the dive well, it was impossible to go back to the nectary.

[Image: 136504.jpg]

In short, Minty was stuck on top of Plunder Island like the fool on the hill.

[Image: 136505.jpg]

There was nothing else for it but to reset him to get back home, which at least meant his shrew got fed & its terranium cleaned before bed.

But this is another glitch with this map you need to sort or at least be aware of before playing with it. With the life fruits & flame fruits through the dive well, it is somewhere desirable to revisit.

An easy way would be planting a matter transporter over at the stone arch.

[Image: 136506.jpg]

As Minty slept, look what was watching.

[Image: 136507.jpg]

Had it sabotaged the dive well, sure of Minty's doom?

[Image: 136508.jpg]

The ice cream van. The ice cream van of DEATH! Shocked

[Image: 136509.jpg]

Next morning Minty got some gardening in before heading for a shower. On the way there, he tried to catch a snake, only to be bitten for his trouble.

[Image: 136510.jpg]

Don't look like such a big girl's blouse in front of the paper girl!

[Image: 136511.jpg]

Deciding the library was safer for some skilling up, Wade Diamond's fancy woman from the internet appeared. Run Minty Green run before she thinks it was you she was whispering sweet nothings with over cyberspace!

If she & Wade Diamond do get it on let's hope he goes on top otherwise Plunder Island's police department could be looking at their first death by woohoo misadventure.

[Image: 136512.jpg]

Now it was time to visit the consignment store, missing the ice cream van in the process.

Not that Minty was paranoid, he KNEW it was out to get him!

[Image: 136513.jpg]

At the consignment store came a problem. There's no relics cash register in this one (some fan made worlds put this one in the consignment stores as a matter of course) so he'll need to go abroad to sell a lot of his goodies. However, it's worth the gamble putting some fruit & veg for sale to see if he can make more money this way. Will it pay off?

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Poor Minty Green looked like he was weeping with despair at being trapped in the tomb! At least folk who get stuck down there have something to eat, I suppose.
And that ice cream truck gets more sinister by the moment. I reckon that it's actually spying on him. That big ice cream cone on the roof could conceal a camera. They could be after Minty in case he doesn't have a TV licence for his tent!
14-08-2012, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 10:19 PM by Minty.)
Day 8 & 9

Magic_Dancer has now dealt with the issues with the map & a corrected version is on the Official Sims 3 forum. Many thanks to her for looking into this.

Here's is the link to it - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html...Id=6240421

[Image: 136650.jpg]

Minty decided to return to the Grogg Factory nectary (with a name like that you'd think Magic_Dancer was Australian!), getting 1500 life achievement points from learning how to make nectar.

[Image: 136651.jpg]

While waiting for the nectar maker to cease going snap crackle & pop, he remembered to read the notice on the wall near to the hidden door entrance this time.

It said: "Our life plants were stolen decades ago by the infamous pirate Le Chunk. The Sim who returns it will have a long and happy life."

Um, will returning the fruit do? The plants will get sort of soggy through that dive well.

Wish he wouldn't keep pulling that face btw, like he's thinking about Agnes Crumplebottom in the shower.

[Image: 136652.jpg]

Decided it would be an idea to sent him upstairs to try out the free nectar around. The Flame Fruit Cherimola Blan looks a cheeky little nectar (why do people say that about certain alcoholic drinks being "cheeky" or "naughty" anyway? Does the bottle wiggle its bum at you when you're drinking it? Or is it one so potent you think the bottle is doing that?)

[Image: 136653.jpg]

Er, how many of those four glasses are you intending to have yourself?

[Image: 136654.jpg]

"Yeah, I'm drinking your nectar & haven't paid for it, got a problem with that?"

[Image: 136655.jpg]

According to Minty Green, "there are three types of nectar, brown, purple and green." Think he needs to hit the books & skill up a bit beyond supermarket own brand. As he looks pretty ratbottomed, think it best to get him to bed & collect the nectar in the morning as it takes a long time for the machine to make. Had I known this before I would have got the other nectar maker making a different wine as well)

Is it illegal to ride a bike while under the influence of nectar?

[Image: 136656.jpg]

After midnight, a glow in the sky made me investigate the waterfall it was above, & found all the local horses with a black unicorn looking sinister. Is there some sort of horsey nostra running Plunder Island that Magic_Dancer never warned us about?

"Okay you mugs, here's the gardens you're hitting tonight for failing to pay the protection money. Piddle on their roses & eat everything they've grown. Let them know nobody messes with Bugsy Unicorn"

"Hey boss, what happens if they still won't pay."

"They get a horse's head in their bed - YOURS!"

"Gulp!"

Bugsy Unicorn doesn't want to be an equine gangster though. What he really wants to be is Mark from G-Force in that old Manga cartoon "Battle Of The Planets".

[Image: 136657.jpg]

"TRANSMUTE!"

[Image: 136658.jpg]

Good news for Minty the next morning as growing an apple tree gave him enough points for a lifetime reward, but decided to bank the points for a 10000 reward.

A morning tending to the garden took up six hours, leaves his inventory as follows:

Apple (21), Bell pepper (3), Cherries (7), Flame Fruit (14), Garlic (14), Lettuce (13), Life Fruit (1), Lime (18), Onion (6), Plums (6), Pomegranate (7), Pomelo (11), Potato (8), Tomato (31), Watermelon (8).

Yes, only one life fruit left. Took a gamble & used them for fertiliser to get skilled up & better produce with what Minty can grow.

The grapes tally is: Grapes (26), Avonalino Grapes (14), Cranerlet Nuala Grapes (7), Cherimola Bian Grapes (7),
Gralladina Fran Grapes (9), Meloire Grapes (10), Reniot Grapes (6).

Enough for a few bottles of nectar mixed in with the other fruit & veg, but will skill up some more first.

That raccoon was walking round & round Minty's garden like it's constipated. What was going on?

[Image: 136659.jpg]

Oh oh, stray raccoon is in love with Minty! Get lost, this isn't a furryfic! Why is all the wildlife on Plunder Island weird?

[Image: 136660.jpg]

Does that newspaper delivery girl look evil or what? Is she the driver of the ice cream van with the blacked out windows?

[Image: 136661.jpg]

By midday Minty had finished & his gardening skill increased to nine. Only trouble was all that watering gave him an uncontrollable urge!

(How can he water the garden without having a tap? He's near the sea & some ponds. So there)

The Scumm Bar toilets were nearer, but I made him peddle for his piddle all the way to the barbers so he could get a shower too & save time. If you've ever ridden a bicycle for a long time with a full bladder, you'll know all about the funny walk you have by the time you dismount. Aren't I cruel?

[Image: 136662.jpg]

After cleaning up, it was time to return to the Grogg Factory to fetch the fruits of last night's labours.

There was this old guy called Sneezer Glum hanging around. Not sure what his purpose is. In that outfit, maybe he's the local flasher or something. Or the not-naked-but-thinking-about-it rambler. He'd be a brave man if he did, with all of Bugsy Unicorn's horses roaming around munching everyone's plums.

[Image: 136663.jpg]

Minty retrieved three bottles of Minty's Grapes Nectar. Bad quality, worth ยง8. Maybe the off-licence will take them to sell to Simchavs?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Clapping

Very funny! I hope that Minty's nectar-making improves. I am not sure I would like to drink a $8 bottle. It'd probably kill instantly!
24-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote: "Yeah, I'm drinking your nectar & haven't paid for it, got a problem with that?"
Such a rebel!