Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding myself & Sims Forums (an apology)
24-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Sad Regarding myself & Sims Forums (an apology)
With the last few days of unwelcome attention, it is time to set the record straight.

Yes, I was involved with TMN, as they have stated on their own site. I’m not going to play down my involvement like they have, the degree level is irrelevant.

I lied to Sims Forums members when I left in April after being accused of involvement due to the OTT reaction that place generates (at that time I had also certain personal matters a lot more important than internet dramas to deal with) and for that I cannot apologise enough to all of you.

I contacted Matt about this in more precise detail and offered my immediate resignation. He has not accepted. But if the rest of you wish me to go, contact Matt and I will. If anyone has concerns with those helping to run this website, you should always contact Matt, NOT anyone else. Please remember it’s his money that keeps this website online.

This current unpleasantness has come to pass because a moderator of this forum, someone in a position of trust like myself with its members, misused their position to copy my IP details from confidential records they had access to here at Sims Forums and pass them onto a third party in order to generate trouble.

The end result of this handiwork has been a weekend where I’ve had to spend considerable time in contact with my ISP. You can guess the rest.

A lot of sites would have life banned them for this alone, but I suspended them for a month in the hope matters could be resolved later with cooler heads on. Their response was to circumvent the ban by re-registering under a new name, using an “anonymous” proxy service that wasn’t as anonymous as they’d thought. Regrettably, they are now life banned from Sims Forums and their accounts deregistered.

Unless Matt says otherwise, can this unhappy matter now please be laid to rest and we get on with having fun?

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Thread Closed