Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mobile Phone Users
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 05:25 PM by Minty.)
Mobile Phone Users
I was walking through the local train station today, & surprised to find there were still copies of the "Metro" free newspaper piled high (1pm!), I stopped and bent over to grab one.

I'd barely taken hold of a copy when someone crashed into me, tumbling straight over my back & splatting on the floor, their mobile phone spinning merrily away down the concourse like a mini-toboggan. Yes, they had been too busy looking at their Blackberry phone or whatever those ones that look like a calculator are called to watch where they were going.

Thbowlofstupid

I got the goldfish in a bowl look off them, mouth open to catch the flies, obviously used to fellow pedestrians having rear view mirrors & looking to see if the person behind them is paying any attention to what they are doing before slowing down or stopping.

A future Darwin Award winner next time he crosses the road with any luck.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 11:33 PM
RE: Mobile Phone Users
Metro has it's own newspaper? Maybe it's a different company.

BTW now two of your threads have words related to Australia. In this one "Darwin" and in that naked hiker guy one "Perth" was in the pic. Tongue

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Melbourne (just throwing that in there for Ollie) Smile

Walking around in London is like participating in a slalom. You have to dodge these people with their eyes glued to their mobiles (what are they doing - following a map because they are lost, checking email because they are oh-so-busy, updating their facebook status to 'I'm walking around'?). If not a mobile, then it will be a Kindle. I love books but I don't want to die or be maimed as a result. What puzzles me most is that these people have no peripheral vision whatsoever. They are almost in your lap before they realise they are not alone on the pavement. Crazies.

Dizzy-1

Now you've got me ranting! Worst thing of all - people doing this sort of thing while riding a bicycle. Sometimes on the pavement, sometimes going the wrong way down a one-way street. Worst of all, sometimes with headphones on so that they can neither see nor hear! Definitely natural selection I'm afraid.

I'll stop now. Sydney!
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
People on their phones all the time... I don't even like talking to people half the time. In fact, thinking about the way people are constantly connected kind of males me sick sometimes (maybe it's just the radiation from the wifi).

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
05-08-2012, 10:52 AM
(05-08-2012 10:42 AM)bobert26 Wrote:  People on their phones all the time... I don't even like talking to people half the time. In fact, thinking about the way people are constantly connected kind of males me sick sometimes (maybe it's just the radiation from the wifi).
You'll enjoy this story!

One of the best short stories ever written, & every part he predicted came true.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
The other day I saw a sight that you might have enjoyed. I reached the top of an escalator on the underground. Ahead I see a woman patiently standing in line, reading her kindle. Very good. Ahead of her is a man, patiently standing in line, reading a paperback novel. Splendid. Ahead of him is a man studiously completing his sudoku puzzle in the newspaper. All right then. Do I join the queue of patient individuals? Well no! I do not! Because they are queuing for nothing whatsoever. The guy at the front just wants to fill out all his 7s, or 9s, or whatever essential part of the puzzle he is so engrossed in. The other two muppets behind him, apparently unable to look up from their reading, have detected a stationary object ahead using their peripheral vision and stopped to queue, without looking to see what the hold up might be. I, and many millions of others, swarm round them and out of the station.

I wonder how long that studious trio stood there?!

Biggrin
09-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Hahahahaha that's awesome.. I stare at my mobile if I'm changing songs, but I usually avoid people and almost hit walls. Maybe it's my talent?..
I honestly don't know how many times I've almost hit a wall or almost fallen down stairs when looking at my mobile. Although I do make a point of NOT looking at my mobile when crossing roads, which I have seen others do. I have seen a lot of people almost getting hit by cars because they are not paying attention.

What is this world coming to that the youth of this world are more interested and "glued" to their mobiles, kindles, computers, etc that they are oblivious to their surroundings. I mean I have actually SEEN people texting each other, two people who are sitting RIGHT next to each other.
1. What's the point in that?
2. It's a waste of texts/money.
3. Have they forgotten that they have a voice? Maybe not, they still do laugh...

People are crazy lol.

Totalhuni
xx