Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Caspin the Tropical Tramp
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
RE: Caspin the Tropical Tramp
Hooray for Caspin Smile She deserves a nice, relaxing, island life now!
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Ambrosia
It is achieved! Caspin will be 25 forever. How marvellous Biggrin

Finally bought the recipe book and read all about it. It doesn't sound very tasty?

[Image: TropicalAmbrosia_01.jpg]

Well look at the ingredients. This fish does not look fit for consumption.

[Image: TropicalAmbrosia_02.jpg]

Weirdest quiche in the world. Maybe it tastes better than it looks.

[Image: TropicalAmbrosia_03.jpg]

Oooooh shiny sparkles! It works Yes

[Image: TropicalAmbrosia_04.jpg]

Now I shall live forever! I will read in bed all day.

[Image: TropicalAmbrosia_05.jpg]

All righty then. What next? I think I will get Caspin to max out all of the available skills and reach the top of all of the available careers. Also read all of the available books!

For some reason the game is giving me tonnes of opportunities at the moment. Caspin had to write a science fiction novel for someone. Here she is, working on "Make It So, Number One", which will surely be a great hit!

[Image: TropicalAmbrosia_06.jpg]

Biggrin
29-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Why does tinned rice have the effect of an elixir on Sims I wonder but to humans is only a comfort pudding in winter?

What sort of laptop is that, it has a fancy looking lid on it?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
30-10-2012, 07:29 PM
(29-10-2012 09:37 PM)Minty Wrote:  What sort of laptop is that, it has a fancy looking lid on it?

It does have a fancy lid doesn't it. I checked and it is the laptop from Outdoor Living Stuff Pack. It's called 'FolioBit 791A Laptop' and it costs 3000 simoleons. So now you know Yes
08-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Ah, island life! It's very relaxing when you are no longer a social outcast with no money.

I can catch huuuuuuuge fishes!

[Image: 01_BigFish.jpg]

I've been trying to max out all the skills, which is taking up a fair bit of time. We did pretty well with the guitar. My sim is a lot more musical than me! She has a great time jamming in the park with her funny-looking twirly guitar.

[Image: 02_FancyGuitar.jpg]

She reached the top of the science career ladder and was of course 'rewarded' with the chance to look like a total freaking lunatic.

[Image: 03_TopInScience.jpg]

That is not a good look. It's the gloves.

Anyway, after that I got her to do the interior design architect profession. That seemed quite buggy in terms of doing renovations but she managed to reach level 10 by just painting every day, which also maxed another skill. Win win!

I've been sending her on lots of world adventures, trying to complete all the ones in France for starters. She's got pretty good at making nectar, which is not so surprising because she sure likes drinking it.

Haveadrink

"Would you like to by some wine, Madam?"

Well no, actually. All the bottles look strangely flat, non?

[Image: 04_WeirdFlatBottlesInFrance.jpg]

Graphics fail!

Decided to loot some tombs to give her feet a break from squishing fruit. Ah. You going to stick your hand in there?

[Image: 05_NotGoodIdea.jpg]

[Image: 06_ToldYouSo.jpg]

Biggrin

For some reason the base camp in France keeps getting set alight. I think there must be an arsonist staying there. Fortunately Caspin has become adept at putting out the fires with a smile, while everyone else freaks out.

[Image: 07_GoodWithFires.jpg]

She is less good with disarming electrical traps. Now I can accept that she does not excel at disarming traps. What I do not understand is why she then runs some distance from said trap while in a singed state. Where are you going? Dunno Unless you are running to the nearest hairdresser, this makes no sense.

[Image: 08_NotSoGoodWithTraps.jpg]

And finally I would like to leave you with this lovely picture of a flying cat. This is Jezebel (the game named her), Caspin's cat from the rescue centre. She's looooovely BeatingHeart

[Image: 09_JumpingJezebel.jpg]

That is all for now.
11-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Cute cat. Tongue

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

11-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Isn't she? Let me spam you with some more cat cuteness (any excuse).

Here's Caspin and Jezebel in the kitchen of our beach hut.

"I'm so cute and fluffy, pet me more" (let's be clear - that's the cat talking, not my sim).

[Image: 01_Jez.jpg]

Here we are on the porch, playing with a feather on a springy stick, which is clearly the height of entertainment.

[Image: 02_ebel.jpg]

Aw! Anyway, that's enough cuteness for now. Poor Jezebel was getting a bit lonely, as Caspin's away a lot at the moment trying to climb all the career ladders and completing the world adventures. So I did get another cat, an elder, from the cat home, to keep her company. His name is Shadow and he's a funny-looking fluff ball. I'll try and get a picture today.

Moving along. I patched when I got home on Friday night. I didn't intend to patch ahead of getting Seasons, but some nice folk gifted me some new stuff and it wouldn't let me download it without patching. Grrr. Anyway, it seemed to patch OK on Friday but when I started playing on Saturday I had big problems, with saving errors (which I don't normally get because I save frequently) and my first even .bad file. I have never actually ended up with a bad save before. Most upsetting. Good thing I had all those saves to go back to.

I've done a whole load of the France and China adventures, not really tackled Egypt yet.

This is the special merchant in China. As you can see, he is not really ready for visitors. Or maybe he is. I don't really want to speculate. Fortunately Caspin's not easily shocked.

[Image: 07_SpecialMerchantChina.jpg]

Biggrin

The new 'attraction' system is a bit annoying. Everyone's in love with everyone at all times, with little hearts and magnets all over the place.

But in the end I was glad I battled through the patching and error 12s because I was of course rewarded with the wondrous joy of... swimming in the sea. To not be able to swim in the sea when sims can swim perfectly well in a pool has always annoyed me in Sims 3. Naturally, since Caspin is currently living in Sunlit Tides, she headed straight to the beach to make sure this works out.

OK, I'm going in!

[Image: 03_Swim1.jpg]

Wait, take off your sunglasses. They'll float away and also it's going dark! Oh well, too late, she's off, swimming out into the sunset.

[Image: 04_Swim2.jpg]

Yay it works! Look, swimming!

[Image: 05_Swim3.jpg]

You can swim quite far out. That little dot down at the bottom is my sim.

[Image: 06_Swim4.jpg]

Did I mention Yay!

Cats and swimming, it's all good Yahoo
13-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Oh! So the ability to swim in the ocean is separate from the Seasons expansion? I haven't patched my game recently (a bit nervous about it).

[Image: ZMsqu.png]
13-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah the patch gives you swimming and also the blueprints feature in build mode (although I haven't looked at that yet) and the 'attraction' system. I'm not sure how I feel about that one yet, pretty much every sim now either hates Caspin or is madly devoted to her, there's not much in between!
17-11-2012, 12:52 PM
You want more cat pictures, right? Oh all right then.

Here's Jezebel with Shadow. They became good friends and played together a lot. So sweeeeet!

[Image: ShadowAndJezebel_A.jpg]

Unfortunately Shadow, being an elder when we got him, didn't last so long. Jezebel was gutted, poor kitty.

[Image: JustJezebel_B.jpg]

I suppose I might get another pet but our current house is quite small and there's not a lot of space for pet stuff.

So, Caspin's being doing a LOT of travelling. I want to save her to the library and move her to a new game but I'd like to finish all the WA stuff first. In fact there's a question - if your sim has holiday homes but then you save the household and start them in a new game, do they lose their holiday homes? I guess I'll find out.

The new attraction system is driving me nuts. Lots of sims in China fancy dating Caspin, which is obviously completely understandable. They phone up and ask for a date, she goes running off to the venue and then.... nothing. They don't show up, or they turn up but then leave. It's rubbish. One dude kept inviting her to go to a campsite, so in the end I just ignored him and did some cooking instead. Noticed that since I patched the fire pit works differently (or is it because I'm on vacation?). I don't get the roast marshmallow option, or the drop-down box where you choose something specific to cook from your inventory - like a fish, say. Instead it just says you can roast "food" and then Caspin melds together a motley crew of vegetables.

Such as a lettuce and a tomato. Would you roast these over an open fire? - I would not. Boiling hot tomato juice would probably take out an eye.

[Image: LettuceTom_D.jpg]

Or a lettuce with a yellow pepper jammed inside it. What?!

[Image: LettucePepper_C.jpg]

It's just plain weird. But then, that's Sims for you.

Anyway, she needs to eat more. All that martial arts training and skilling (and running vast distances over China) is making my sim a bit on the skinny side. Or do you immediately drop a few sizes if you choose a Diesel top? Anyway, need to feed her up, hopefully on something tastier than chargrilled lettuce-pepper mutant.

Yes