Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Devil's Grey - Episode 7 "The Closer" [SEASON FINALE - UPDATED NOV 18th]
25-10-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: [Series] Devil's Grey - Episode 3 "Past Crimes"
Another wonderful update!

Am I the only one noticing that the man in Rebeca's dream looked rather like Davis? Could there be some connection between him & Langley to come out later? Dunno

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2012, 11:16 AM
One can only speculate, Minty Smile

I really like this story, with all its grimness and bar fights. Brilliant use of Bridgeport.
28-10-2012, 04:06 PM
(25-10-2012 08:44 PM)Minty Wrote:  Another wonderful update!

Am I the only one noticing that the man in Rebeca's dream looked rather like Davis? Could there be some connection between him & Langley to come out later? Dunno

I can say for sure that they aren't related. I never noticed their similarity until now, though.

(27-10-2012 11:16 AM)Caspin Wrote:  One can only speculate, Minty Smile

I really like this story, with all its grimness and bar fights. Brilliant use of Bridgeport.
Haha, it's fun how Bridgeport can be used as an adult---ish background. And I really like this background.

Thanks for commenting! Just finishing another episode and I'll post it here later this week. Wait for it.
28-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Can't wait for the next episode, it's really cool Smile
30-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Devil's Grey - Episode 4 "Don't Fear The Shadow"
[Image: devils_s01e04_01.jpg]

Still aiming his gun at the man in black, Shadow once again insists on knowing everything that's going on.

SHADOW: That's not enough, dammit!

MAN: Don't shoot! You're looking for Adam Hall. Don't kill me, please, I have a family!

REBECA: Who is Adam Hall?

MAN: I... I...

[Image: devils_s01e04_02.jpg]

Shadow threatens to shoot in the man's head, he starts to shake a lot. Rebeca accompanies his nervousness while she breathes deeply.

REBECA: Spit it out!

[Image: devils_s01e04_03.jpg]

The man has no time to react, someone shoot him - on the back of the head, causing him to stagger and fall to his knees. Blood. His life is gone, he remains static in the floor.

[Image: devils_s01e04_04.jpg]

Shadow and Rebeca's eyes find the weapon that caused the shooting. Robert Langley.

[Image: devils_s01e04_05.jpg]

REBECA: What did you do? Are you crazy?

[Image: devils_s01e04_06.jpg]

ROBERT: You didn't needed him. And again, he would kill us.

SHADOW: You know who's Adam Hall?

ROBERT: Maybe I'm only in this situation because I know who this bar steward is. Jesus...

REBECA: What do we do?

[Image: devils_s01e04_07.jpg]

Rebeca's curious eyes question Shadow's. He stares at the body on the floor. The blood flow. The noises of the night involved.

SHADOW: Why this Hall guy would put someone behind you?

[Image: devils_s01e04_08.jpg]

Robert doesn't respond, he simply wonders. Shadow starts getting impatient and approaches him.

SHADOW: I'm tired of you hiding things! F***!

ROBERT: Adam Hall is Big John's partner.

REBECA: Partner? In traffic?

ROBERT: I mean, Big John is local. He owns every major drug points in Bridgeport, but Adam, well... Adam is the guy that makes things happen out there.

SHADOW: He transports drugs out of town.

ROBERT: Yes.

[Image: devils_s01e04_09.jpg]

REBECA: So he has a hit on you because of what you know and believe me, there's plenty more where these three came from!

ROBERT: I know, I know. There's nothing left in my life, you don't understand, I... I no longer have a family, no more purpose...

SHADOW: So if you were used to launder their money before, why would they want you dead now?

[Image: devils_s01e04_10.jpg]

ROBERT: Nobody knew about Adam Hall.

REBECA: How?

ROBERT: He has always been a mysterious figure. F***, even the guys involved in the scheme didn't know about him.

REBECA: But you found out. How?

ROBERT: I wanted to quit the operation, but you know how it works, no one can leave the scheme alive.

Robert is dispersed, involved in violent memories - full of sadness flowing through his facial expression.

ROBERT: I thought, I mean, I was going crazy. So I thought that if I knew something, any little thing that would give me leverage over them... I know I was stupid, but you don't understand it... How is...

[Image: devils_s01e04_11.jpg]

Robert begins to fade into tears of regret and bitterness.

REBECA: And Hall's name showed up in your research. It was more than you expected to find.

SHADOW: You brought this to yourself.

ROBERT: I know, I know...

[Image: devils_s01e04_12.jpg]

The noises stop. Robert's tears are the only things that are heard, lamentation. The blood covering the floor.

[Image: devils_s01e04_13.jpg]

DAVIS: Think about Big John as the greatest mind of the whole operation. And may I add, the guy is slick. The case is opened in the FBI for seven years!

REBECA: The FBI has some reason to think he has a partner?

DAVIS: I don't know, why?

REBECA: A man alone, a major operation. National. What do you think?

DAVIS: I think this is a FBI case. How do you know Big John, by the way?

REBECA: Why do you care Davis?

DAVIS: Lots of love for one person.

REBECA: I am who I am.

[Image: devils_s01e04_14.jpg]

Davis makes a short pause, he looks her from head to toe and opens a big smile on his face.

DAVIS: You're different. What happened?

REBECA: I'm not different. You're the one who's getting old.

[Image: devils_s01e04_15.jpg]

Davis gives a loose laugh, while he spreads in the chair. Rebeca gives him a smile.

[Image: devils_s01e04_16.jpg]

Rebeca bring her cigarette, the smoke dance toward the open window.

REBECA: So this guy has nothing to do with my client.

DAVIS: I hope this information I am giving you doesn't help you to, in fact, meddle in one of the most dangerous trafficking operations in the country.

REBECA: Stay calm. I can handle danger.

DAVIS: No kidding...

[Image: devils_s01e04_17.jpg]

REBECA: One more thing. And please help me in this... Do you know Robert Langley?

DAVIS: It's some kind of band?

Rebeca smiles, looks out the window and go back to focusing on Davis.

[Image: devils_s01e04_18.jpg]

REBECA: He's my client, dammit!

DAVIS: No. Never heard of him.

REBECA: Who do I have to sleep on the BPD to find out if he is an informant?

[Image: devils_s01e04_19.jpg]

Davis gets up, in a hurry. Takes an outrageous look at Rebeca, look back and look at her again. Shaken, he responds.

DAVIS: F*** you!

REBECA: Davis...

DAVIS: I can't pass this information, are you crazy? This can screw up with our case!

REBECA: Technically it is an FBI case.

[Image: devils_s01e04_20.jpg]

DAVIS: Phillip.

REBECA: Phil?

DAVIS: Yeah. Call him. Set up a date, take him to your apartment. Open a bottle of wine, then suck his c*** now that he is the new FBI liaison for the BPD.

[Image: devils_s01e04_21.jpg]

Rebeca doesn't answer anything. Davis walks on all sides, at a frenetic pace. Fixed his gaze on Rebeca and breathes deeply.

[Image: devils_s01e04_22.jpg]

DAVIS: No. Robert Langley is not a name that is in the case. Satisfied? Now, if you do something to harm the FBI investigation, I'll kick your ass, Rebeca.

REBECA: Thank you.

DAVIS: Bye.

[Image: devils_s01e04_23.jpg]

Davis walks away and slams the office door.

[Image: devils_s01e04_24.jpg]

Rebeca throws her head back, instinctively, to the sound of the door slamming.

[Image: devils_s01e04_25.jpg]

Rebeca follows Frederic Back downtown. Something is wrong with this guy - she thinks. Soon to find out that, indeed, he is not as clean as it looked.

[Image: devils_s01e04_26.jpg]

REBECA: Where do I know this place? I know this here. What are you doing there, my good fellow?

[Image: devils_s01e04_27.jpg]

Frederic enters an accounting firm and disappears.

[Image: devils_s01e04_28.jpg]

She thinks to herself, and decides to go home to find out more about the name of the place.

[Image: devils_s01e04_29.jpg]

In her notebook, surfing the Internet looking for some names.

[Image: devils_s01e04_30.jpg]

She finds out that the firm's owner is the same strange owner of the firm where Robert Langley worked. Nothing strange, coincidence either. What does he do?

[Image: devils_s01e04_31.jpg]

Leaving the darkness, Shadow walks toward a house - with a bat in his hands.

[Image: devils_s01e04_32.jpg]

He angrily walks to the door, forcing himself in.

[Image: devils_s01e04_33.jpg]

[Image: devils_s01e04_34.jpg]

The stranger who lives in that place finds Shadow and panics.

[Image: devils_s01e04_35.jpg]

What are you doing? - The man thinks to ask and give up the minute Shadow begins to burst the windows of his house.

[Image: devils_s01e04_36.jpg]

With a little effort and a lot of anger, Shadow burst the windows, one by one. The man is paralyzed. Observing. Waiting his turn.

[Image: devils_s01e04_37.jpg]

In a minute of adrenaline, he attacks Shadow. They exchange punches and the man gets injured. The man berely touches Shadow.

[Image: devils_s01e04_38.jpg]

But Shadow retaliates with a punch on his chin.

[Image: devils_s01e04_39.jpg]

The man falls to the ground in agony. Shadow gives him a little more medicine - kicking the dead dog's stomach.

[Image: devils_s01e04_40.jpg]

The victim does not react anymore, just struggle to fill his lungs with air. Fail and fail again.

[Image: devils_s01e04_41.jpg]

Shadow looks at him with threat in his eyes. You got what you deserve - he thinks.

SHADOW: Stay away from her. I know who you are. Do not make me come back here. Stay away!

[Image: devils_s01e04_42.jpg]

And goes back to the darkness.

The man tries to collect his shards from the floor. Failed. Burning in pain while crawling on the floor.

[Image: devils_s01e04_43.jpg]

REBECA: They have a connection, I'm sure. It's bizarre I haven't seen it before. I told you there was a familiarity in the case, but no, I'm crazy paranoid.

SHADOW: And this guy who owns the two firms in which they work, what's his name? What do you know about it so far?

REBECA: Don't be in such a hurry.

Shadow begins to wander around the apartment, making too much noise with the fury of his footsteps.

[Image: devils_s01e04_44.jpg]

His expression restrained, playful, flirting with his own masochists thoughts.

[Image: devils_s01e04_45.jpg]

REBECA: You're okay?

SHADOW: Yeah, go on.

REBECA: This owner must be only a scapegoat. I think it doesn't really matter who he is. Obviously it must have something to do with Big John and Adam Hall. Which brings us back to Elena's subject being right all the time, she was being followed, but by pure paranoia she thought she was the target. And she wasn't.

SHADOW: Maybe. But maybe he's after Frederic's family. That is, if Frederic and Robert are in the same situation, knowing too much about the operation.

REBECA: Right.

SHADOW: But that doesn't mean we should go after this...

REBECA: How so?

[Image: devils_s01e04_46.jpg]

SHADOW: Robert is your client, not Frederic.

REBECA: Yes, but... Don't you think that would be good at least warn them that they are in danger?

SHADOW: He made his bed, now lie in it!

REBECA: F***. I'm going after.

SHADOW: You shouldn't.

REBECA: I need the money. I have a mortgage to pay, office rent that is long overdue. It's too much for me, Shadow. I must be rational here.

[Image: devils_s01e04_47.jpg]

Shadow laughs, Rebeca doesn't like it and she can honestly admit that she never saw him that way. Tortured, as if straight out of a nightmare.

REBECA: I'm feeling that we're really close this time.

SHADOW: Close to what exactly? Huh? These guys who has to solve their own poo! There's not much we can do now.

REBECA: I need to get my money.

SHADOW: That's when he decides he is pleased. And when it comes to Robert Langley, from what we saw, he'll only be happy with a bullet in each of our brains.

REBECA: Wow, dude...

[Image: devils_s01e04_48.jpg]

In the same moment, Rebeca's cell rings arousing the tense direction of the conversation. She answers. Shadow waits for bad news.

[Image: devils_s01e04_49.jpg]

VOICE: Where do you think you'll get?

REBECA: Who's speaking?

VOICE: Give up, or I have a grave waiting for you.

REBECA: F*** you!

VOICE: Make me.

And hangs up.

[Image: devils_s01e04_50.jpg]

Shadow examines her face carefully. The doorbell rings, both look toward the door.

[Image: devils_s01e04_51.jpg]

Slowly, carefully. They approach.

[Image: devils_s01e04_52.jpg]

Shadow opens the door and finds a teddy bear on the floor. Nothing more. Desert hall, silence settles again. Deafens. Rebeca doesn't react.

[Image: devils_s01e04_53.jpg]

REBECA: What is it?

SHADOW: Maybe a threat, a message, I don't know.

REBECA: I want the security camera videos of this building lobby. For yesterday!

[Image: devils_s01e04_54.jpg]

The bear sees Rebeca. Fondling, almost smiling. You're dead - the bear thinks.

[Image: devils_s01e04_55.jpg]

Desert. The shadows of the unknown cover the buildings.

[Image: devils_s01e04_56.jpg]

Shadow enters in a brothel where he meet with a man.

[Image: devils_s01e04_57.jpg]

GABRIEL: Long time, no see.

[Image: devils_s01e04_58.jpg]

SHADOW: Hi.

GABRIEL: Why so sullen?

[Image: devils_s01e04_59.jpg]

Shadow is troubled while moving his curious eyes to the place surroundings, barely looks at Gabriel. Gabriel enjoys it.

[Image: devils_s01e04_60.jpg]

GABRIEL: I'm here again, aren't I? Whenever needed, I was there. And vice versa.

SHADOW: I did many things for you too.

GABRIEL: You sure did. I'm never tired of saying that you were my best employee.

[Image: devils_s01e04_61.jpg]

Shadow hesitates, but delves into Gabriel's eyes, with a powerful sense of a world of memories invading him.

GABRIEL: You're very quiet today. Are you afraid of me?

[Image: devils_s01e04_62.jpg]

And laughes, amused by his own words, using an arrogant expression on his face. Perverse, damned. The tension dance in the air, defying Shadow into the game. Or to get out of there immediately.

[Image: devils_s01e04_63.jpg]

SHADOW: The past is the past, Gabriel.

GABRIEL: You're different. This tension, this rigidity... I almost didn't recognized you.

SHADOW: Time passes. poo happens. We survive.

GABRIEL: Indeed.

[Image: devils_s01e04_64.jpg]

Shadow goes back to look at nothing. Gabriel doesn't take his eyes off Shadow.

GABRIEL: And what did your Excellency to come back here and give the air of your grace?

SHADOW: F*** you!

GABRIEL: No. F*** you!

SHADOW: Coming here was wrong. Forget I was here! I don't need to go back for this poo!

GABRIEL: You liked it for many years. You won't spit on the plate that you ate... And, oh, how much you ate, are you?

SHADOW: Don't forget I know who you really are.

GABRIEL: Doesn't matter, honey. We both know you're nothing.

[Image: devils_s01e04_65.jpg]

Gabriel approaches Shadow, who takes a step backwards. Gabriel stop and feels pleasure in the tension.

GABRIEL: That this macho attitude is a trick, fortunately I know very well what you're made of!

Shadow doesn't answer, just waiting for more. Why am I here? - He asks himself in his mind.

GABRIEL: What? Did I hurt your little pride? You're a piece of poo that I took of the street. Doesn't worth what you have in your pocket, you just think that you're a great crap.

[Image: devils_s01e04_66.jpg]

For a moment, you can see Shadow's eyes burning and wet.

[Image: devils_s01e04_67.jpg]

He decides to leave. Gabriel shoots.

GABRIEL: What you really want here?

[Image: devils_s01e04_68.jpg]

SHADOW: You're a big baby with a toy in your hands. You're not and never was a man! Do not talk to me about life! I know what life is!

GABRIEL: After all this time, still can't handle harsh words.

Gabriel laughs, with a mixed expression of pity and desire.

[Image: devils_s01e04_69.jpg]

He approaches Shadow even more, getting face to face with him.

GABRIEL: Now... What do you need? For you is priceless.

Shadow doesn't fight anymore, only does what is required.

SHADOW: Robert Langley. He has a hit on his back. I need a name. Or all the names you can find.

GABRIEL: Uh... That'll cost you.

Gabriel laughs at himself, analyzing Shadow's reaction, which is not even a little surprised by Gabriel's imposing. He knows it's no joke.

GABRIEL: Oops!

And keeps laughing.

[Image: devils_s01e04_70.jpg]

Gabriel approaches, Shadow standing still, he kisses his trembling lips with lust. Shadow does not correspond.

[Image: devils_s01e04_71.jpg]

GABRIEL: I hope to see you there. You now owe me... And I'll want the payment!

He laughes again.

[Image: devils_s01e04_72.jpg]

And then disappears through the darkness in.

[Image: devils_s01e04_73.jpg]

Elena is uneasy and decides to finally answer Rebeca's questions. Her hands wander into her lap when she starts.

ELENA: He works at that firm for over ten years! And we never had problems. Listen, I don't think that this is possible, I mean... It's crazy! You need to keep looking!

REBECA: Don't get me wrong, Elena... This is my job and I can assure you this has nothing to do with the affair that you are having.

[Image: devils_s01e04_74.jpg]

Elena gets surprised and looks at both sides, as if looking for a hidden spy. The secrets come to the surface eventually.

ELENA: Please don't tell my husband!

REBECA: You are my client. I only did what you asked... Find out who was following you.

ELENA: Right... Well, about Adam Hall.

REBECA: Yes?

ELENA: He looks like a righteous man, great manager, great connections at City Hall, philanthropist.

[Image: devils_s01e04_75.jpg]

Rebeca tries to contain a smile. How ironic - she thinks. Philanthropy, come on!

REBECA: And are you sure he has no involvement with Frederic?

ELENA: Yeah, my Fred doesn't know him that much.

REBECA: But you do?

ELENA: Kind of, sometimes I saw him at the time I did some services at City Hall.

REBECA: What kind of service?

ELENA: In the Sanitation Department as an auxiliary officer. Nothing much.

REBECA: Nothing you did was connected with Adam Hall?

[Image: devils_s01e04_76.jpg]

ELENA: No. I'm pretty sure of that. And I know that Adam has only good friends at City Hall, nothing more than that. If you want to know, he and Giuliani are great friends... By the way, what are you suggesting?

REBECA: I'm not suggesting anything, it's like I told you, I need these profiles... Wait, Giuliani? The mayor?

ELENA: Sure, listen to me...

[Image: devils_s01e04_77.jpg]

Elena gets tense, defensive. Rebeca analyzes her strange reaction. Elena crosses her arms, closing it, saying come get me. You can not reach me. Rebeca suspects. Is it?

ELENA: He is an excellent man. If you are chasing him, you're on the wrong track. Now please, you must go because I have some chores to finish. Yes?

[Image: devils_s01e04_78.jpg]

Elena stands before Rebeca answer anything.

[Image: devils_s01e04_79.jpg]

Rebeca decides to leave, it is enough. For now.

[Image: devils_s01e04_80.jpg]

Rebeca goes away.

[Image: devils_s01e04_81.jpg]

Away from Elena's home, walking on the street, she hears a screaming noise echoing through the air. Suddenly, silence.

[Image: devils_s01e04_82.jpg]

She looks back and she sees two men in black running to a car, which comes out in a hurry making skid marks.

[Image: devils_s01e04_83.jpg]

Rebeca decides to run back to the house. The door is opened...

[Image: devils_s01e04_84.jpg]

And many broken objects on the ground. She walks slowly to the kitchen. Please no! No! No! - She thinks.

[Image: devils_s01e04_85.jpg]

Elena's blood drips on the floor. Her eyes almost lifeless facing Rebeca.

[Image: devils_s01e04_86.jpg]

You can hear her struggling for a lot of air, until no more. Matter of seconds.

[Image: devils_s01e04_87.jpg]

Rebeca can't react, she only gets locked in an expression of shock.

There is nothing to be done.

Nothing.
30-10-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Devil's Grey - Episode 4 "Don't Fear The Shadow" [UPDATED OCT 30]
Wow!
31-10-2012, 01:52 PM
You know, that teddy bear couldn't have looked more suspicious!

Episode 4 was very exciting and what an ending to the episode!
31-10-2012, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 02:46 PM by renan.nunes.f.)
(31-10-2012 01:52 PM)Caspin Wrote:  You know, that teddy bear couldn't have looked more suspicious!

Episode 4 was very exciting and what an ending to the episode!
About the bear, the thing is... Who's behind it? That's what they have to worry about haha!

Thanks for commenting. Next episode is just around the corner :-)
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Holy crap, didn't see that one coming! So what does Rebeca do now, she's just lost her client & needs the money like yesterday! Shocked

[Image: 135762.jpg]
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Devil's Grey - Episode 5 "The Child Who Hides"
[Image: devils_s01e05_01.jpg]

Cold. Little light. A passing breeze, flashes of bitterness. Rebeca walks slowly into the room. The rays of light floods the room from time to time, and in silence. The storm seems to laugh at Rebeca.

[Image: devils_s01e05_02.jpg]

The bear. Standing on the floor, staring, in a tone of mockery. Wishing something. Come closer - she hears. And then she obeys.

[Image: devils_s01e05_03.jpg]

Closer - he commands. Then she follows. The sound of the thunder echoed through the city, giving a somber tone to Bridgeport that can barely be seen from the window.

[Image: devils_s01e05_04.jpg]

You can not run. - He mocks.

REBECA: No! No!

Rebeca hesitates, trying to block her ears. Failure. The bear insists, make himself heard. The voice of truth. The natural balance, finally the reckoning. Who?

[Image: devils_s01e05_05.jpg]

You're not forgiven! - Grizzly screams in her ears. Nothing was forgotten - insists.

REBECA: No!

Rebeca screams in vain. The bear whispers: Murderer.

[Image: devils_s01e05_06.jpg]

Rebeca wakes up. Although she has the feeling that she still dreaming. The shadows delineate the walls of the room. She feels a cold sweat, a strange feeling inside out.

[Image: devils_s01e05_07.jpg]

REBECA: It was a dream...

She tries to convince herself.

[Image: devils_s01e05_08.jpg]

DAVIS: You said you had nothing to do with the case. Why Big John would want his head now?

REBECA: I never said that. If I said, I lied.

DAVIS: Excellent liar... Sometimes.

[Image: devils_s01e05_09.jpg]

REBECA: Big John has nothing to do with it. His case has nothing to do with my case.

DAVIS: This is a FBI case and you lied to me before and you are doing it again now. Beca, do not mess with this, please.

REBECA: Only if you beg me to.

[Image: devils_s01e05_10.jpg]

Davis explodes.

DAVIS: It seems that you went crazy! Are you listening to a word of what I'm talking about? F*** this, man! This is not for you, let the proper authority take care of this.

REBECA: Now it's me. It's personal.

DAVIS: You need psychiatric treatment and urgent!

REBECA: You know poo about poo! You stand herte thinking that you own me or have some kind of special control over my life just because you give me information from the BPD!

DAVIS: Speak louder, nobody heard you yet!

REBECA: One thing... Go... F***... Yourself, Davis!

[Image: devils_s01e05_11.jpg]

Rebeca walks out on him and goes toward the street.

[Image: devils_s01e05_12.jpg]

Davis follows her, grabs her arm and turns. Eye to eye, desires to desires.

DAVIS: Don't walk out on me!

REBECA: Your insane bipolar!

[Image: devils_s01e05_13.jpg]

She manages to free herself from his hand and instantly slaps Davis face, who instinctively takes a step back and feel the warmth of Rebeca's hand. Forgive me - the eyes yell.

[Image: devils_s01e05_14.jpg]

Silence. Grey. Then pigeons, cars and buses emerge from the ears. How far, how long?

Davis says nothing, nor Rebeca.

[Image: devils_s01e05_15.jpg]

He turns and walks away. Something needs to change, I don't need this - she thinks, without considering the consequences.

[Image: devils_s01e05_16.jpg]

She sees Davis going farther and imagine that this may be their last meeting.

[Image: devils_s01e05_18.jpg]

The cigarette burns. The fresh memories passes through Rebeca's expression, naked, in bed.

Sprawling, loose, hurt while in ecstasy.

[Image: devils_s01e05_20.jpg]

Davis takes a very long shower.

Rebeca dresses, turn out the light and leaves.

[Image: devils_s01e05_21.jpg]

In the dirt, Rebeca meets Shadow. Seems appropriate at the time.

SHADOW: Why did you call me here?

[Image: devils_s01e05_22.jpg]

They are in darkness. It's easier to say sorry than to ask for permission... - She thinks and lets out a smile, but not of joy or humor.

REBECA: They killed her, Shadow. I got there too late. Or at least that is what I have been saying to myself now...

SHADOW: Bad people will do bad things, despite you.

REBECA: Now I'll close my case, whatever the cost.

SHADOW: I like you like this, despite the blame.

REBECA: Yeah?

SHADOW: Yes.

[Image: devils_s01e05_23.jpg]

Shadow smiles, his white teeth gets in contrast in the dark, with little light that enlightens them.

REBECA: Then maybe you'll like me even more now.

SHADOW: Why? What will you do?

REBECA: I've already done.

[Image: devils_s01e05_24.jpg]

Rebeca walks down the alley, toward the back of an establishment. Shadow follows.

[Image: devils_s01e05_25.jpg]

They find a man lying on the floor, laughing to himself, speaking nonsense. The smell of intoxicating liquor in all its glory.

[Image: devils_s01e05_26.jpg]

MAN: ...And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan... Which deceiveth the whole world... He was cast out into the earth...

[Image: devils_s01e05_27.jpg]

The man looks at Rebeca, his eyes fixed on hers.

MAN: ...And his angels were cast out with him.

[Image: devils_s01e05_28.jpg]

Shadow looks at her, still fixating in the eyes of the poor man on the ground.

[Image: devils_s01e05_29.jpg]

The man lets out a sinister laugh, making Shadow smile.

MAN: What are you hidding from, child?

[Image: devils_s01e05_30.jpg]

Rebeca approaches him and suddenly kicks him in the stomach with great force. Shadow gets surprised.

[Image: devils_s01e05_31.jpg]

REBECA: And now... Am I forgiven?

[Image: devils_s01e05_32.jpg]

She kicks him again, causing the man to vomit on the floor. He drowns, then coughs and suck as much air as he can.

[Image: devils_s01e05_33.jpg]

REBECA: Who are you to forgive me or not, anyway?

MAN: Purification suffering...

Falters.

MAN: ...Is less painful than the situation that creates a culprit for an thoughtless...

And back to laugh, echoing in the alley corners.

[Image: devils_s01e05_34.jpg]

Shadow doesn't understand and puts his hand on Rebeca's shoulder.

SHADOW: Who is he, Rebeca?

REBECA: A lunatic.

[Image: devils_s01e05_35.jpg]

MAN: Look out, kid. There is no punishment worse than being stuck in their own personal hell because there... There your crimes are never forgotten.

SHADOW: Doctor?

REBECA: Why are you after me? Who sent you?

[Image: devils_s01e05_36.jpg]

MAN: You're far from knowing everything... And when you discover it will be too late, as it was late when your client was murdered...

He laughs so loud that Rebeca feels a huge shiver down the spine.

MAN: You, my child, you can't fight the demons in this city. Look around... You're surrounded.

[Image: devils_s01e05_37.jpg]

Shadow instinctively look around, just to make sure they don't have company.

MAN: For whom I work? Doesn't matter, really, because the more you dig, many of me will surprise you along the way. Maybe I haven't been successful, but...

[Image: devils_s01e05_38.jpg]

He tries to sit. His cold eyes fixed on Rebeca's.

[Image: devils_s01e05_39.jpg]

MAN: One time... Someone will. You're not invincible.

REBECA: Who told you to get me? I want answers!

MAN: Don't you understand? Are you deaf? It doesn't matter!

REBECA: Adam Hall? Big John? Which one of those scumbags?

MAN: You are dead.

SHADOW: Come on, he's not in condition to do anything!

[Image: devils_s01e05_40.jpg]

Shadow drags Rebeca toward the street through her shoulder. Rebeca is visibly disappointed.

REBECA: I thought...

SHADOW: How did you found him?

[Image: devils_s01e05_41.jpg]

REBECA: You don't recognize him?

SHADOW: No...

REBECA: It's Elena's lover.

SHADOW: I don't... How?

REBECA: There was a Dostoyevsky's book... In the kitchen... At the crime scene. He's the one who has been passing by Elena's block that day, it was his car. It didn't take too long to conclude that he could also be involved with the scheme.

SHADOW: What the f***!

REBECA: Yes. We got caught in a series of misadventures...

[Image: devils_s01e05_42.jpg]

Rebeca gives a relaxed laugh.

REBECA: So much crap for being a detective in domestic cases. That was hilarious!

SHADOW: We should start looking for our heads. F*** the case. They're after you, Doc!

REBECA: Don't be paranoid. Come on.

[Image: devils_s01e05_43.jpg]

They walk down the streets...

[Image: devils_s01e05_44.jpg]

While a car is parked on the other side.

[Image: devils_s01e05_45.jpg]

A man observes them. He picks up the phone and waits.

MAN: You were right. She found him.

Pause.

MAN: I don't know, maybe she already know about you. Yes. I'll hold.

[Image: devils_s01e05_46.jpg]

Shadow enters the house, and before anything...

[Image: devils_s01e05_47.jpg]

Gabriel, sitting in a chair, lights a lamp.

[Image: devils_s01e05_48.jpg]

Shadow is surprised and expect an explanation.

GABRIEL: I did what you asked me.

SHADOW: How did you get here?

[Image: devils_s01e05_49.jpg]

GABRIEL: It's a joke, honey?

SHADOW: Forget it. So what did you find out?

GABRIEL: Two of my men. And another, an employee of a large trafficking boss.

SHADOW: Two of your?

GABRIEL: F***, what are you doing now Shadow? Going after Big John? Really?

[Image: devils_s01e05_50.jpg]

SHADOW: I'm not after anyone.

GABRIEL: Well he knows who you are. And he also knows that Rebeca Ericson character. You guys are marked. I don't know if I can protect you this time.

SHADOW: I don't need protection. Give me the names.

GABRIEL: So much eagerness, sweety... I took care of my men. I paid the difference. Stay calm, everything is good.

[Image: devils_s01e05_51.jpg]

Gabriel laughes, showing all his teeth. Delighting in the situation, while Shadow just observes. Quiet.

SHADOW: And the other? Who is it?

GABRIEL: Jerrod.

SHADOW: What?

GABRIEL: Yes, you heard right... Your former... Partner. Jerrod.

[Image: devils_s01e05_52.jpg]

Gabriel laughes again, as if watching a comedy film, analyzing the stiffness of Shadow's expression, tense. Perhaps afraid, is that it?

SHADOW: He was out of the country, he...

GABRIEL: Why so tense?

[Image: devils_s01e05_53.jpg]

And then he rises toward Shadow. Approaches, lurking, ready to bite. He decides to wait, likes the hunting.

SHADOW: Why does he work for Big John?

GABRIEL: Business is business. Pleasure is just...

[Image: devils_s01e05_54.jpg]

Gabriel strokes Shadow's face, who dodges.

GABRIEL: Hobby.

And laughs. The laughter echoed in the apartment.

GABRIEL: And now what?

[Image: devils_s01e05_55.jpg]

SHADOW: It's after us.

GABRIEL: Behind her, sweety. After her.

SHADOW: I work with her!

GABRIEL: fiddlesticks & flapdoodle! You use her! I know who you are, there is no room for lies here...

SHADOW: You don't know what you're talking about!

GABRIEL: I know you very well.

[Image: devils_s01e05_56.jpg]

Gabriel walks toward a bottle of Martini. Grab a glass, pour two fingers of the drink and take it all at once.

GABRIEL: Smooth. It's just like water. Only it's not.

Laughes, while he drops the cup on the counter.

[Image: devils_s01e05_57.jpg]

Shadow approaches him.

SHADOW: You... You need to help me.

He gets closer. Gabriel smiles with malice.

GABRIEL: There's your true self... Whom I have not seen for a long time and... I must admit... I was missing.

SHADOW: Torres, I must find Jerrod.

GABRIEL: And do what? Kill him?

SHADOW: I don't know. It doesn't matter!

[Image: devils_s01e05_58.jpg]

Gabriel grabs Shadow's throat tightly. Shadow doesn't show any reaction, just looks at him, waiting for his next move. Gabriel does not let go. He enjoys... Flirts... Smiles.

[Image: devils_s01e05_59.jpg]

GABRIEL: You're making quite a debt, don't you think?

SHADOW: What does this mean?

[Image: devils_s01e05_60.jpg]

Gabriel approaches his face and whispers to Shadow.

GABRIEL: That eventually you will be my slave to pay it...

[Image: devils_s01e05_61.jpg]

And kiss his lips. Shadow takes a deep breath, Gabriel follows him. Eyes fixed on each other.

[Image: devils_s01e05_62.jpg]

SHADOW: So in this case I need one more favor...

[Image: devils_s01e05_63.jpg]

And he approaches Gabriel, kissing him firmly for a long time. Shadows cover the hot bodies... Bridgeport, by the window, is a mere spectator.

[Image: devils_s01e05_64.jpg]

ROBERT: What the hell!

REBECA: I found what you wanted.

ROBERT: Yeah, I know, give me a minute...

Robert gets up and wanders around the office. Rebeca waits.

[Image: devils_s01e05_65.jpg]

ROBERT: Is there a way of knowing if it's John or Hall?

REBECA: Absolutely! Maybe one or the two of them. Doesn't matter. At this point, you need to escape...

ROBERT: They would catch me. He has many dangerous contacts!

REBECA: What do you expect exactly? Ending the whole operation?

ROBERT: It's the only way! Or else, we will be under the earth very soon.

[Image: devils_s01e05_66.jpg]

Rebeca pauses. Her expression says that she made a very important discovery. Her mouth slightly opens...

REBECA: You already knew.

ROBERT: What?

REBECA: You knew who was after you!

ROBERT: What are you talking about?

REBECA: At first I found it strange that you didn't know who wanted you dead, but the fact is that you already knew, before passing through my door.

Robert is silent, avoiding looking at Rebeca, as if he was embarrassed.

[Image: devils_s01e05_67.jpg]

REBECA: You wanted me to investigate it all... Get a name to protect you... No. Not that. You wanted me to get involved.

ROBERT: Where are you going with this?

REBECA: I don't need to get anywhere. You wanted my head to also be the target of Big John and Adam Hall.

Another pause. Robert's expression changes, like someone had just been discovered by his indiscretion. He gives up.

[Image: devils_s01e05_68.jpg]

ROBERT: I'm sorry. It was the only way.

Rebeca closes her eyes in an attempt to eliminate some of her headache.

REBECA: The only way to... what exactly?

ROBERT: Survival.

REBECA: Survival?

[Image: devils_s01e05_69.jpg]

ROBERT: I thought if you were involved, well, maybe it would improve my chances. And I do not care if it is jail.

REBECA: They would kill you there. They order murders like that all the time.

ROBERT: Oh...

REBECA: I can not believe it. It was all an act, but congratulations, you got what you wanted. We have a murdered woman, mother of two small children and I with my neck plunged in all this crap!

ROBERT: So I guess... There is no alternative other then to help me, right?

[Image: devils_s01e05_70.jpg]

Big John goes down a flight of stairs to a dimly lit basement. There, he meets a man.

[Image: devils_s01e05_71.jpg]

MAN: It's here, sir.

BIG JOHN: You think you can do the job?

[Image: devils_s01e05_72.jpg]

MAN: Certainly, sir.

BIG JOHN: I want them here until midnight. And please, don't make it messy, I hate dirt on the floor.

The observant man, in the basement, observes around him, imagining the scene. And feel good, happy. Today is the day.

[Image: devils_s01e05_73.jpg]

Big John takes out a handkerchief and blows his nose while climbs the stairs again.

[Image: devils_s01e05_74.jpg]

A man follows Rebeca and Robert down the streets. Both walking on the sidewalk, always looking back, checking if they are being followed. The man is patient, calm, waiting for the prey to give him a chance.

I'm following orders - he thinks. Therefore it's okay - he completes.

[Image: devils_s01e05_75.jpg]

REBECA: Come on. C'mon. Answer it, dammit!

Rebeca insists, but Shadow doesn't answer his phone. Voicemail.

[Image: devils_s01e05_76.jpg]

REBECA: Hey, man, answer this poo! We need to talk, things got worse. And I think we're being followed. You may also be in danger. Call me as soon as you get this!

[Image: devils_s01e05_77.jpg]

She puts the phone away, Robert feels guilty.

ROBERT: I'm sorry for your partner, I didn't know that someone besides you would be involved.

REBECA: I don't give a poo what you're talking about. I don't believe a word! I should go away and leave you here to rot!

ROBERT: Please don't do that.

REBECA: You said yourself that has nothing to lose... What you have to live for, huh?

ROBERT: Because someday I hope... I hope... To forgive myself for all of this.

[Image: devils_s01e05_78.jpg]

Those words fell like a bomb in Rebeca's ears. He stares her and she looks away, watching if someone followed them.

[Image: devils_s01e05_79.jpg]

REBECA: I think we are safe here... At least for now.

ROBERT: I should use what I know against them anyway.

REBECA: It's no use. You're only one, well, now we are two. The deal is that they are many and has many weapons.

[Image: devils_s01e05_80.jpg]

ROBERT: But if... If we are already dead, why not to make one last big move?

REBECA: What are you suggesting?

ROBERT: I have connections... I know someone I can contact, you know, to pass the message.

[Image: devils_s01e05_81.jpg]

REBECA: And what is the message?

ROBERT: Our lives in exchange of their secret. If they don't leave us alone, we will expose Adam Hall.

[Image: devils_s01e05_82.jpg]

REBECA: They know we can't prove it.

ROBERT: I can.

[Image: devils_s01e05_83.jpg]

Rebeca stops everything and looks at Robert with curious eyes, wondering what he has up his sleeve. It was everything she thought long ago, when she thought it was strange that he was facing the whole operation.

REBECA: But is it worth our lives?

ROBERT: The evidence? You can be sure of that. Now... If they are willing to negotiate...

REBECA: It would never work, but either way, it's not an exact science.

ROBERT: Exactly.

[Image: devils_s01e05_84.jpg]

The man approaches Rebeca's building. Look up, staring her window. Grab his phone and dials.

MAN: I'm coming in... Start to pray.

[Image: devils_s01e05_85.jpg]

The man hangs up.

[Image: devils_s01e05_86.jpg]

And enter the building, quiet, with all patience in the world, hoping to satisfy his psychopath need to kill.