Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
The New Official Movie Thread
15-01-2013, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 06:17 PM by [K]evin.)
RE: The New Official Movie Thread
(15-01-2013 11:49 AM)bobert26 Wrote:  I watched How To Train Your Dragon last night for the first time and I loved it! Such a good movie, just miles above the usual stuff Dreamworks puts out (except for Shrek, which I'd say it is a solid rival to for that studio's best animated movie). Gorgeous to look at, lots of heart, no annoying cheesy humour. I might just buy it on Blu-ray if I get the chance.

Not a movie, and I know I've mentioned it before, but if any of you havent watched Game of Thrones yet, you had better get around to it. It does have some pretty graphic violence/nudity, however, so if that's not your thing then maybe it's not for you. It's so good though!
I have the movie now, but have yet to watch it. And yes, it's rather different than the stuff Dreamworks usually put out xD

And oh, I actually downloaded the whole season of Games of Thrones, but I didn't get to watch it.. lost it when I formatted my laptop :'(

(15-01-2013 12:06 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Aw yes, 'How To Train Your Dragon', that's the one. There was a little Christmas follow-up episode on TV over here a little while after they showed the film. I hope they do more of those.

As it happens I watched 'Game of Thrones' a week or two ago (recently I've been watching a lot of TV and films it would seem, that's not like me!) because my friend got it as a box set. She's been reading the books and fancied watching the series. It certainly contained plenty of incest, that's for sure. Some of the characters seem quite interesting. That's another book I'll never read now!
There's a Christmas follow up? Oh, that's awesome!
I wonder if they'll do How To Train Your Dragon 2 though xP
(15-01-2013 06:03 PM)gothika Wrote:  I actually really liked the Hunger Games film! I feel like it did a better job than most film adaptations.

I recently watched Lincoln. Really welll done! Smile
Oh I agree! It's actually better than most film adaptions.

And mhm, Lincoln.. I was gonna download it few days ago but I forgot Dx
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I heard that they are gonna be doing a How to train your dragon 2 Smile
I still haven't seen it. along the other films i haven't watched.
-the new spiderman
-inception
and others i can't think of.

29-01-2013, 11:32 AM
during the last 2 or 3 weeks I have seen a bunch of movies including Pulp Fiction (Awesome on the projector), Django unchained (It was a good movie, but it was a bit of a drag at times), Changeling, The amazing spider-man (I wasn't that much of a fan of it because im a DC Batman), Charlie and Boots, The Samaritan and a couple more.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

30-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Saw "Taxi Driver" for the first time ever last night. That's meant to be a classic movie?
I've seen better acting and a more original plot in Spongebob Squarepants. PissedOff

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
30-01-2013, 02:58 PM
To be fair, Spongebob Squarepants is pretty good...

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
11-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I recently watch Hobbit second time - and i'm still impressed by that! Big Grin
11-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Watching turbulence (or at least the second half of it) It s seems all right except for all the sezuire inducing flashing that is going on.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

20-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Has anyone seen The Dreamers with Eva Green? I saw it a few days ago and really liked it. It's very graphic but I thought it created such a brilliant atmosphere... the characters really draw you into their own little world. Great soundtrack featuring Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan and even Edith Piaf (because no movie set in Paris is complete without a little "Je ne regrette rien").

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
07-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Not seen 'The Dreamers', Bobert, but will look out for it.

Tonight I am going to see Iron Man III. Sometimes I like to watch a Big Dumb Movie.

Big Grin
08-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Well, Iron Man III was OK, although I really don't like watching things 3D. My friend is going to make me some new cinema glasses that turn 3D back into 2D. That will be nice. Anyway, certainly there were plentiful explosions. Smile

From the trailers it looks like there'll be plenty of summer blockbusters to follow, if you like that kind of thing (I do). A Star Trekky one, Man of Steel (yay!) and another one with the Troy character. Also I'm still very excited to watch the Great Gatsby in a couple of weeks. They'd better not have wrecked it for me!