Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
The New Official Movie Thread
28-10-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: The New Official Movie Thread
I watched Brave(don't judge. it was a fantastic movie! and I'm sure I cried the most out of all the kids and their parents).

Time Traveler's wife, which was alright. I just got pretty confused and didn't understand how it worked..

I recently watched Taken 2. If you've watched Taken and loved it. You're not gonna like the second one. It was just..not as good. and I hated how they used Muslims to portray the evil people -_____-;

Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Ah yes, LA Confidential is great, I haven't watched it for years and years but I loved it.

I haven't seen The Time Traveller's Wife as a film but I've read the book. From the book I can see how the film might be confusing. Lots of jumping back and forth. If you're reading the story in a book then you can pause and think it through whenever you wish, whereas the film just marches on and could leave you behind.

Two hours until I go to see Skyfall!
11-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I watched an animated film called When the Wind Blows today. It was about an elderly English couple after a nuclear attack in the 80s. It's an upsetting film to say the least.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
11-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm currently watching The social Network.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
(11-11-2012 10:40 AM)bobert26 Wrote:  I watched an animated film called When the Wind Blows today. It was about an elderly English couple after a nuclear attack in the 80s. It's an upsetting film to say the least.
I remember the wee song "Facts & Figures" by Hugh Cornwell (the Stranglers lead singer of the time) & the theme tune by David Bowie. It was written by the same man who did "The Snowman" book.

If anyone wants to see the film, it is on You Tube here.

The book is even worse. There's one scene that always haunted me towards the end, where in the middle of the couple having a sing-song to cheer themselves up, the old man begins dribbling blood down his shirt momentarily. It's the moment you know for certain they're only waiting to die, there's nothing they can do about it, & that worst of all perhaps it's better they remain oblivious to it.

Michaela Strachan filmed the old Kelvedon Hatch nuclear bunker for Great British Ghosts recently, & she said it was the first time she'd gone to a haunted place and been terrified, not because of the ghosts but what it represented - somewhere all Britain's politicians & their families would scarper to shelter from the nuclear war they'd have started & everyone else (& everything else like animals & plants) would have died in.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-11-2012, 10:33 AM
It's definitely one of the most upsetting films I've ever seen, I think. It's awful watching them die such slow, horrible deaths. An important movie though. Hopefully nothing like that ever happens in my lifetime.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
13-11-2012, 09:01 PM
That movie is sad.

18-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Speaking of horrible deaths and such. Anyone's science teacher ever make them watch a movie on the effects of nuclear attack?
Mine did, and it was absolutely horrible. I nearly wanted to cry.

I heard Boy in the striped pajamas is pretty awfully sad too.

15-12-2012, 10:51 PM
So I may go and see The Hobbit next week. Can't decide whether to watch 3D or 2D version. Normally I hate 3D, but didn't they film The Hobbit in some special, unusual format? So if I choose 2D am I missing out on some fancy new effect?

Hmmmm.
23-12-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm watching flight 93 right now.