06-03-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Official Simcity Thread
Oh I'm quite jealous!

Have fun, Ollie. Clapping

Too many games, too little time...
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 03:49 AM
How is it? The reviews I read didn't look too fantastic.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
07-03-2013, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 06:25 AM by Ollie.)
Haven't played it yet, just back home from school a second ago. First thing to note is that there are massive network problems at this time. I'm getting really bugged that I can't play due to EA's server issues.

Edit: Okay, I paid for a game that works, not one that has serious server issues.

Edit 2: got past the first server issue only to get to another error "Unable to create your city at this time, please claim a city again."
Sad

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-03-2013, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 09:59 AM by Ollie.)
It's a great game, once you get through all the server issues. Unfortunately, it appears that the servers have gone down again. Hopefully after at least a couple of days, these issue should disappear.

I really don't think people should be going as far as rating it as a bad game yet as the following article suggests: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-0...-turn-ugly

07-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Really sucks that people aren't able to play it. And it is so expensive, I think it's close 100 NZD here. Definitely not the kind of money I'd be willing to pay to he screwed around.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Oh dear. Well what did we expect with EA's servers.... hope they get it up and running soon.
08-03-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 08:51 AM by Ollie.)
I was starting to get into multi-city play, but unfortunately it was "unable to load this city" whilst going into a city that I had just started to buy electricity from.

Edit: Just went through the leaderboards and noticed someone named their region "Hell". Bwahaharoll

Oh dear my region is ranked nine in the crime department.

08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Gosh why, have you got a lot of exciting mobsters in your town? Or did you forget to place any police stations. Biggrin

"Hell" is probably the best possible name for anything currently residing on those EA servers. Even my friends who are not interested in Sims or SimCity games know all about the server disaster - apparently it's all over the twitterverse or twittersphere or whatever you call twitter land. Lots of twits about it.

Sad

I hope the time you have managed to spend playing was at least fun?
08-03-2013, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 10:17 AM by Ollie.)
I actually have little amount of crime, just others have less I guess...? :/ My region has a fair amount of Police as well.
The servers have been a lot better today, although this morning it was at it's worst with all the servers "busy".
And yes it's lots of fun and it's very addictive, but I wouldn't say it's as addictive as The Sims 3.

I'm hoping that I can make some form of a review within the next week or two.