Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Simcity Thread
08-03-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Official Simcity Thread
Just eating lunch and reading about how the current rating for the game on Amazon is ONE STAR! Lots of complaints about the servers and so on, particularly from people with no interest in doing anything other than playing solo, but still having to be online to play.

I'm kind of reconsidering now whether to get it. I've already got a PC copy bought for my brother so I'll see how he does with it.

As Sims players we already know how rubbish EA can be (and perhaps we are too forgiving, but then we do have Twallan to fix stuff in that game - even the mighty NRaas Industries can't fix EA's servers) but I think EA's reputation is going to take a real bashing after this. You can only push your customers so far before they give up on you - and ratings and reviews like that on Amazon are not going to help them!
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 09:49 PM
EA have added more servers, but yet again they're all busy this morning.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

09-03-2013, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 05:18 AM by Ollie.)
[Image: Simcity1_zps2d0f972a.png]

A lovely picture of my city, Grand Haven with the "vibrant" effect.

[Image: Simcity2_zpsc789d87d.png]

Another pic with the "warmer" effect.

Edit: YES! It sounds like i'm getting a free EA game. http://www.ea.com/news/a-simcity-update-...ur-trouble

First they halt marketing SimCity this morning and now they're marketing it again by doing some kind of "buy SimCity by march 18th get another EA game for free" Stuff.

09-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Looks good Ollie, glad you managed to make some progress. Yes I think I like the warm effect.

I would prefer the games I've already bought to work, rather than being compensated by being given another EA game... which may or may not work because it's made by EA! That would be like buying a size medium shirt in a shop, then discovering that it's an extra-small with the wrong label, then being compensated with another XS, non-fitting shirt. Rubbish! Give everyone some hard cash and a shedload more servers, EA!

I keep staring at the SimCity I've bought for my brother and wondering whether it's the worst present I could give him! I guess I'll keep the receipt.

If they do get up and running properly I'd love to see more of your pics Ollie.
09-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Well the servers have for the most part been better than a couple of days ago.
I for one don't regret my purchase of SimCity, but I would suggest that if you're somewhat keen on getting it, but don't think it's that it's one of those "must get games", wait until a sale or price drop of some kind, because by then the servers will have most-likely calmed down.

09-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Well at least things are improving then. My brother won't get this copy for a few more weeks and I'm holding out for the Mac version, so maybe by the time we're up and running the servers will be sorted.

Have fun!
09-03-2013, 11:20 AM
I fear that at the mac launch, it will be nearly as bad as it is now considering the fact that a lot more people will jump onto the SimCity band-wagon.

09-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Yup, you might be right. What a pickle!
09-03-2013, 11:35 AM
[Image: Simcity3_zpsfaa36b3a.png]

There's another pic for you.

09-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Very nice, cities always look their best at night.

Smile