Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Sims 3 keeps crashing...
25-10-2012, 01:09 PM
My Sims 3 keeps crashing...
So I recently reinstalled my Sims 3 without a disk (through Orgin) and for some reason it keeps crashing and I'm not sure why. I don't have any CC on here anymore(cause I accidentally clicked the "yes" button -___-) so it can't be the problem of too much CC or anything. I didn't have this problem before when I played it on the disk. any solutions/suggestions?

Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: My Sims 3 keeps crashing...
Are you playing the game via the Launcher? If so, you want to bypass that if playing the game as it is the cause of more crashes than anything else. Every patch, every EP, same old same old.

This you can avoid by launching the game with the TS3W.exe instead.

On your shortcut on your PC to your Sims 3 game, right click & go to Properties.

Look for the part which says Target, and change the description to read:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe"

Include the quotation marks!

Apply, click OK, & try running your game again.

Let us know how you get on.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Yeah it didn't help :/ uh

26-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Do you get any error messages when it crashes? Also at what point does it crash - after you play for a while or can you not get that far?
26-10-2012, 05:12 PM
No. It just freezes and then I have to manually exit the program. i usually go to create a sims and try to make a sim and then it stops working while I'm still trying to make one. So not very far

27-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Hmmm.

It seems weird to me that it would happen with the Origin version but not disc version, but I don't have Origin myself so I'm not very knowledgeable about any extra trouble it might bring.

I know a lot of folk on the official forums complain that CAS is very slow and freezes up. So if you avoid going into CAS to make a sim and just choose a ready-made sim, for the time being, can you play the game? If so then it must be CAS-specific.

I took a look on Crinrict's help blog but didn't find a solution - sorry [removed] Sad I hope someone else can assist.
28-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Ah you're fine! I'll try that. I may just end up uninstalling it and then reinstalling it with the disk when I go back home for Thankgiving Smile Thanks again though :3

28-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Let us know how you fare!
29-10-2012, 03:26 AM
So I played it for a little bit. I quickly used a premade sim in the CAS and then moved her into the town. While playing after CAS I didn't experience any crash. maybe a little bit of lagging but that's about it..

29-10-2012, 09:14 PM
There's a new game patch that's been out since yesterday, you may want to try an update to see if that solves any of the issues.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]