Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 Seasons, not long now!
24-12-2012, 06:28 AM
RE: Sims 3 Seasons, not long now!
It looks good, but for some reason I don't feel like there is enough new stuff in it to satisfy my needs.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2012, 09:00 AM
What kind of things would you have liked to be included Ollie? The weather itself will be enough for me because I'm tired of the eternal summer in my game.
24-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't know, but I just don't think it's worth the $40 or so.

24-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah I guess I felt the same way about Generations and Showtime so I skipped them. There are rumours that University is coming next, which I would quite like as long as EA don't screw it up too badly.
24-12-2012, 12:19 PM
And there are pics of it now. I like the look of backpacks, but for me the ping pong table is a bit, meh and weren't the vending machines originally ment to be in show time or another ep?

01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I BeatingHeart Seasons!

I have got an UMBRELLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA!

[Image: Seasons_umbrella.jpg]
02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
I have now got over my umbrella excitement (just about). Sometimes it's the simple things. Yes

Some other things I love in my game since installing Seasons and SN:

1. Rain falling on the river makes the surface dappled (what a lovely effect).

2. The new recipes - I liked collecting mushrooms and then putting them into an omelette. Also I noticed that sims can now make chili con carne and some other things - yum!

3. Lots of new fireworks can be bought in the shop - I have not done this yet but I noticed there were sparklers and some new types of rockets.

4. It gets darker when it's going to rain, so it is as though clouds are passing over. For someone like me, with the opposite of seasonal affected disorder, the end to constant summer brightness is a wondrous sight!

5. New plants, presumably some are for making potions, but along with the lemon tree and aubergine from Monte Vista, the garden is looking very nice indeed. Also I liked picking some wild flowers and putting them in vases. Some of the rare ones are worth an awful lot of money - I think I got 600 simoleons for a cosmos flower.

6. Oh yes - umbrellas!

Clapping

I don't have many complaints so far. Except:

1. For SN, they really should have included a toggle to switch off zombies. I know there are mods and cheats to get rid of them, but it seems ridiculous to have a way to switch of all the other creatures (and pets and specifically horses and celebrities) but not zombies, which I would guess are the most annoying of the SNs.

2. I don't really see a lot of nice outfits for Outerwear. A few more basic coats and things would be good. No doubt they will put in a highly priced appearance in the Store in due course.
04-01-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 09:42 PM by Ollie.)
When I last played (a couple of days ago) my sim got abducted. Any idea what happened up there?

05-01-2013, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 06:52 PM by Caspin.)
Wow. So you were playing the game and your sim got abducted, which would be very exciting - and then you had to save it like that and go away for a month without knowing what happened?! I'd be going nuts. I have not seen anything to do with alien abduction so far as I've only played about 8 sim days with Seasons and spent most of that setting up the new game. I always think 'let's just dive in and play today, test out all the new features". Then I realise how hideous some of the EA decor is and spend three hours re-wallpapering a house. I'm hopeless. Anyway, I'll send my sim to look through a telescope and see if I can get abducted myself!

Later that day ... still have not been collected by aliens but I shall persevere.

In the meantime here are some more seasons pics Big Grin

Summer in Riverview

Caspin went to the summer festival and showed everyone her graceful roller-skating technique. Looking at the guy in pursuit, I say skate faster!

[Image: 01_Summer_skating.jpg]

Following on from that charming display of agility, she continued to demonstrate that she's one classy lady by hanging out by the toilets eating lurid coloured ice-cream while painted like a pirate (is this really what pirates look like - I don't think so!)

[Image: 02_Summer_PirateFace.jpg]

Had a go at the football game, which was totally unrealistic as Caspin caught all of the balls! Hidden talents, don't ya know.

[Image: 04_Summer_Goal.jpg]

OK then. So that was the summer (with sun only appearing on the day of the festival and constant rain for the other six days). Autumn is coming, let's go out and collect some harvestables. That is one mighty mushroom! The less said about this, the better, I suspect.

[Image: 03_Summer_Mush.jpg]

Moving on.

Autumn in Riverview

On the second full moon I saw my first zombie. This is a teacher from the school and she emerged in my vegetable garden. Grrr - get off my tomatoes!

[Image: 05_Autumn_Zombie.jpg]

A quick re-set got rid of her.

I got a pumpkin to carve for "Spooky Day" and decided that the eerie green light of full moon was a good time to get going with that project.

[Image: 06_Autumn_Pumpkin.jpg]

Can you tell what it is yet?

It is a cat! I quite like it, I must say. I lit it every day but no trick-or-treaters turned up.

[Image: 07_Autumn_PumpkinCat.jpg]

I didn't take any pictures of the festival in autumn because it was not very exciting. I wanted to do the apple bobbing but no other sims came to the festival grounds! In the end Caspin just had a coffee and a doughnut and went home!

I did really like this though. As it was turning to Winter, it got really cold, the ground got frosty and the windows were misted up in the morning. Lovely Clapping

[Image: 08_Autumn_Windows.jpg]

Winter in Riverview

And so to the fun bit! Caspin went into the theatre and when she came out it hard started to snow!

[Image: 09_Winter_StartToSnow.jpg]

She put on her new coat and hat, with hair that actually looks more like mine - so hoorah, as long as I wear a hat I can look more like a sim!

[Image: 10_Winter_BigSnow.jpg]

It kept snowing and snowing and the town looked really lovely with all those flakes fluttering down.

I think Caspin is missing her friends in this test game - so she made herself someone to talk to!

[Image: 11_Winter_SnowMan.jpg]

Seasons is just great!
06-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Treated myself to this expansion pack after Christmas. Really enjoying it so far. Loving the seasonal festivals. Smile

[Image: heavy_sig.jpg]