Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anyone else had this problem?!
30-11-2012, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 03:02 AM by Ollie.)
anyone else had this problem?!
BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead OK I NEED PEOPLES HELP........ I have the sims 3 and a buncha expansions... I started having the disc authentication failure problem and taking the disc out and putting it back in worked for a bit but stopped so i tried uninstalling it and i uninstalled roxio burn cause i thought that i might need to reinstall that too not realizing i didnt have the disc for it... so now i think i've screwed something up cause my comp wont read the disc at all and i'm completely stuck simless...... HELP!!!!!! Please reply here.

so i saw the warning about not asking solely for technical help ( a little too late ) but i just wanna say that that's not entirely what im here for. I actually would come back and be a part of the community if i could get my game working again... til then i can't =(

Ollie here; I edited your email out of the post so you don't get spammed with spam.
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: anyone else had this problem?!
Hello Allison, I don't know how Minty will feel about you posting for technical help but can I recommend right now that you edit your post to remove your email address. Otherwise you could be signing up for a lot of spam heading to your inbox!
30-11-2012, 07:41 PM
The cynic in me says we will not here from this person again once she gets what she wants, like every other time.

But having been subjected myself today to people being less than helpful, I am somewhat in the mood to do a random act of kindness to offset my desire to commit less than random acts of extreme gratuitous violence. PissedOff

(The gratuitous violence comes tomorrow if that washing machine isn't installed!)

First of all Allison, do you have the games installed? If yes, you do not need the discs.

You need Twallan's No CD mod, something EVERY Sims player that has disc versions of the game should use to save wear and tear of those precious discs.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD

You download it, you stick it in your packages folder, and from now on run the game from the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

[Good work Ollie on removing that e-mail address!]

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-12-2012, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 02:34 AM by AllisonCavicchi.)
(30-11-2012 07:41 PM)Minty Wrote:  The cynic in me says we will not here from this person again once she gets what she wants, like every other time.

But having been subjected myself today to people being less than helpful, I am somewhat in the mood to do a random act of kindness to offset my desire to commit less than random acts of extreme gratuitous violence. PissedOff

(The gratuitous violence comes tomorrow if that washing machine isn't installed!)

First of all Allison, do you have the games installed? If yes, you do not need the discs.

You need Twallan's No CD mod, something EVERY Sims player that has disc versions of the game should use to save wear and tear of those precious discs.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD

You download it, you stick it in your packages folder, and from now on run the game from the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

[Good work Ollie on removing that e-mail address!]

No I dont have the game installed because like i said when i had uninstalled it, i tried to reinstall roxioburn the same time and didnt have the disc and my games wont read now... and i will be back... this is one forum site i've found that i actually LIKE and wouldnt mind coming back to lol

P.S. - thanks and good call on the e-mail. I just thought some people might respond to that cause literally nothing and i mean NOTHING i have found has helped me... I'm just trying to decipher if i need a new disc drive because dvd's that used to work also don't now too or if i need to reinstall roxio burn and if it's that that's causing the issue. Then i'll be back gaming and i've been playing since the original game lol
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
If you do not have the discs installed but have the serial numbers, you are entitled to download them from Origin. Simply set up an account & reinstall from there.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Though if you are using a Mac don't bother trying to use Origin because I don't believe that it does support macs.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

03-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Trying that now... thanks for the tip. Forgive me if it takes a bit to come back and tell u if its worked or not. Have a busy few days coming up but im going to try now before i go to bed. Thanks again ladies =)
03-12-2012, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 04:29 AM by AllisonCavicchi.)
Ok so making an account was easy enough, now i just have to figure out how to download with my serial numbers. Do u know exactly how to do it?
Nvm... I got it lol... I should be gaming again in the amount of time it takes for all of my games to download!!!!! YAY =) Thanks again for everything ladies and I'll let ya know soon how it worked.
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
(03-12-2012 03:33 AM)AllisonCavicchi Wrote:  Thanks again for everything ladies and I'll let ya know soon how it worked.
Yes well done ladies Biggrin
05-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Still waiting on the games to download. Most of the expansions i have are at about 70 % but the sims 3 itself is only at 48% cause it's the biggest of the games... Anyway i should be simming again in a matter of a day or two max. Thanks so much again ladies and I'll be back on once im up and gaming again =)