Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
07-01-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam)
Hi Sommie, how are you?

Ah yes, I think Monte Vista will look nice in all seasons but snow will be good fun. We can make loads of snowmen! It will take us a while to get there though, as we are only at the start of summer and I have made the seasons a bit longer than the default setting of 7 days each. In my test game that was way too short. I may make them even longer once we have ambrosia and can live forever.

Do you like Jayden? He's quite a hunk but his clothes annoy me immensely. He needs to find the washing machine. If you didn't like him I could find someone else for you. I'm happy to take requests as I don't want any of your sims to have a bad time in my game!

Yeah I'm quite pleased with the new house, although it will need some redecorating. It's quite a lot bigger than houses I normally use. Minty can have the east wing and I'll have the west wing (Minty if you have any decor preferences for your rooms you'd better make it known before next weekend or I'll choose for you). I might go back into your house and into Ollie's as well and tart them up a bit. Decorating houses in Sims is one of the things I enjoy most.

Smile
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm doing fine and you? Smile

Oooh yes! I think most people are looking for the snow for those who have Seasons. & I wish a season lasted for one week in the real world, or at least the winter.

Jayden is just very well..built. Like one of those bodybuilders! Change his clothes if you like, I prefer a plain v-neck and jeans on a guy Big Grin

I love love love decorating. I don't think I have a specific style. xD

08-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm fine apart from having to work for a living Smile

I'll see if I can get your sim hubbie into CAS long enough to get him some jeans. It will crash if I am in CAS for a long time but sometimes I get away with it if I'm not changing too much. It took me about three goes to give my sim an outdoor hat but I really wanted it so I kept trying!
13-01-2013, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 07:14 PM by Caspin.)
I decided the hilltop mansion was not to my taste. It looked great from the outside and I liked the sea views but the layout of the rooms inside was driving me crazy. So we've moved again, to this house here:

[Image: AnotherNewHouse.jpg]

It is opposite Ollie's house and along the road from [removed]'s, so come over for pizza.

Now I'm decorating. I may be some time.

Oh yes - and I have added lots of butterfly spawners and we have beeeeeeees!

[Image: MV_bees.jpg]

I envisage chaotic scenes as a result of this bee-keeping project but so far the hives have been successfully smoked and the bees "fed" without problems. Why do we have to feed them - can't the bees just go round the garden and do their usual bee business with the flowers? Anyway, we should get some nice honey. Yes

Chasingbutterfly

I have not had much chance to play today, as I was busy fiddling with the graphics settings to see how high I can push them now I'm in Windows and then it took ages to re-arrange the new house. I've put in a Japanese grill thing in the kitchen so decorated accordingly. Minty got up to some craziness with fire and standing on one leg (but he made some very nice steak so he is forgiven the mad antics) while Caspin got on with the upgradings. There are a lot of appliances and a lot of new plumbing needing to be self-cleaning as soon as possible!

[Image: MV_chef1.jpg]

Dancing, Minty?

[Image: MV_chef2.jpg]

Just doesn't look safe, does it?!
14-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Oooh nice house ^__^
I love how well the color on the outside compliments each other so well Smile

D:
BEES?! oh my. maybe we can get honey....?

14-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Not only am I the cook but the resident Freddie Mercury Tribute act? Omg

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-01-2013, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 01:30 PM by Caspin.)
(14-01-2013 12:26 AM)gothika Wrote:  BEES?! oh my. maybe we can get honey....?

Yes I hope so. We are rolling lots of wishes to "harvest nice honey" so presumably at some point the hives will yield some goodies. At least nobody has been stung... yet.

(14-01-2013 12:48 PM)Minty Wrote:  Not only am I the cook but the resident Freddie Mercury Tribute act? Omg

Lol, every home should have one? I promise that your sim is allowed out of the kitchen occasionally - mostly to go to work in, erm, a kitchen. :mw_tease: I just want the fancy fridge that you get at the top of the cooking career, after that you can become a sim of leisure if you prefer.

If anyone has any requests as to what they'd like their sims to be doing in my game, feel free to post them so that I can give them consideration before doing exactly as I please Tongue
19-01-2013, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 06:12 PM by Caspin.)
Well I'm sitting here at my desk, dunking ginger biscuits in my coffee and admiring the snowy garden. What a good day for simming and hallelujah for a working game!

Now, would you describe yourself as a 'morning person', Minty? I am a million times more functional at 7am than at 7pm, yet my sim does not mirror that. Here are our sims making breakfast. You look demented and I look trolleyed. Oh well. Better get that French toast on the go and I will manufacture some coffees.

[Image: MV_01_NotGoodLooks.jpg]

Today is the summer festival in Monte Vista! As soon as the message popped up, there was a rumble of thunder and a tonne of rain started to fall. It went very, very dark. "Wow, look at all that rain, Minty. Where shall we eat? How about this nice table in the kitchen, or one of the sofas?" "No, let's sit outside and get totally soaked!" "Yeah!"

[Image: MV_02_RainyBreaky.jpg]

Sigh. Oh well, time to leave Minty to his own devices for a while, I'm off to the festival with Ollie!

Summer Festival in Monte Vista

[Image: MV_03_SummerFestival.jpg]

Hoorah, an outdoor venue! Brilliant. Since I have CAS working again, I edited Ollie's YA outfit. Ollie I know you like dogs so I picked a T-shirt with a dog picture on it and some jeans and trainers. Hope that's OK. So what did we do at the festival? Well we set off a load of fireworks and ate snow cones in the rain!

[Image: MV_04_SnowConeInTheRain.jpg]

Since we were already soaked we thought we might as well throw some water balloons too. Your aim was very good Ollie! I knocked you over just once, whereas I might as well have just stayed on the ground, there was so little point standing up again!

[Image: MV_05_WaterBalloonsInTheRain.jpg]

After that you went home to see Rosaria and I hung about to pick some flowers. I've actually lightened some of these pictures but you can still see how very dark it is when it rains. Look at the pretty town on the hill in the background! BeatingHeart

[Image: MV_06_VeryDark.jpg]

Gardening in the rain

Meanwhile what's Minty up to? Ah yes, eating more toast... in the garden. You will note that he is actually sitting there (in his PJs) in a massive puddle. What a loon! Biggrin

[Image: MV_07_EatingInPuddle.jpg]

For some reason, it is still necessary to water the garden even when the rain is torrential. This seems absurd but there we go. Minty got the job done while modelling his new umbrella, which I recoloured appropriately. It's a Sims Forums brolly! At least he got dressed for the gardening.

[Image: MV_08_WateringWhy.jpg]

Keeping virtual bees - perils and successes

[removed] might be pleased to know that we managed to make honey! Smile

Caspin had a bit of a false start:

[Image: MV_09_BeeFailA.jpg]

WAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, help!!!

[Image: MV_10_BeeFailB.jpg]

I got stung. Boo to the bees!

Decided to divert the bees attention toward Minty instead and managed to smoke them, feed them and harvest the honey.

[Image: MV_11_BeeSuccessA.jpg]

Honey!

[Image: MV_12_BeeSuccessB.jpg]

Umbrellas for the 1980s

Um. What you doing?

[Image: MV_13_UmbrellaAmendmentA.jpg]

Oh dear God, why?!

[Image: MV_14_UmbrellaAmendmentB.jpg]

Well!

Now going back in to see if I can (1) catch a freaking deathfish (I just can't get one and time is running out!), (2) get Minty abducted by aliens (well I don't fancy the probing and you're green anyway Tongue ) and (3) take [removed] out for a spa break (coz, you know, we're girls).

Later:

[removed], you got a puppy!

[Image: MV_15_Libby.jpg]

Her name is Libby. Aw!
19-01-2013, 08:34 PM
IT LOOKS LIKE A LIGHTSABER Big Grin
neat!
awh. I love puppies..although I get frightened of animals. sigh.

they have sno cones too? :o want some now.

the scenery is really nice ^___^

19-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey you're right, it does look like a lightsaber! Or a brolly for someone nesh at a rave. Smile

Deathfish deficit

I don't know why but I just cannot get a deathfish in Monte Vista. I stuck in loads of spawners in the fishing spots. After midnight that sort of pinkish glow does appear on the water so I know the deathfish spawner is functioning. Both my sim and Minty's are maximum fishing level, they've read the relevant book and have got angelfish as bait, they go there after midnight when the glow is showing. Do they catch deathfish? No they do not! I've tried so many times and I've caught pretty much every other type of fish.

It's driving me crazy! I'm starting to think I should give up on making ambrosia and we'll all just eat a lifefruit for breakfast to keep ageing at bay. Or accept our fate and get old!

This evening I caught loads and loads of toads:

[Image: MV_ToadNotDF.jpg]

Followed by this minuscule specimen. Don't look so pleased Caspin, that's nothing to be proud of!

[Image: MV_TiddlerNotDF.jpg]

BangHead

Glowsticks

Hey ho. I shall leave you with this fun scene. There are loads of fireworks available to buy in the shop now - including sparklers!

Clapping

[Image: MV_Sparklers.jpg]

Simple things, eh. Biggrin