Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The "Happy New Year, It's 2013!" Thread
31-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Rainbow The "Happy New Year, It's 2013!" Thread
This ought to have been made by Bobert, but I'm guessing by now the both of them are lying upside down behind their respective tellys under a pile of grog bottles ("it weren't me, I swear, it must have been dingos wot dun it!") not sure what planet they're on, never mind what year it is! Tongue

Happy a happy one everyone when it comes - let's face it, 2013 can't be any worse than 2012 (apart from the Olympics, they were good!)

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: The "Happy New Year, It's 2013!" Thread
Yes, goodbye 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!

Haveadrink:smiley-hug002:
31-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Happy new year! I actually spent the night in a paddock!

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
31-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Happy new year everyone! I was too tired too watch the fireworks on TV last night, but oh well I've seen them a billion times before.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
(31-12-2012 09:57 PM)bobert26 Wrote:  Happy new year! I actually spent the night in a paddock
Isn't Christmas the time of year for traditionally spending it in a paddock? Tongue

Dare we ask why? You weren't obliged to help deliver a foal or something.

(31-12-2012 11:30 PM)Ollie Wrote:  Happy new year everyone! I was too tired too watch the fireworks on TV last night, but oh well I've seen them a billion times before.

You've seen one old bang, you've seen them all. Up here the traditional lighting of the howizer on Edinburgh Castle at midnight didn't go off well as the one they had lighting the fuse make a meal of it and the fireworks were already going off by the time it fired. Hope that's not an omen! Shocked

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-01-2013, 11:15 AM
*waits patiently for news from the paddock*

Round here they set off the fireworks rather too early. At around 8.00 pm! It rained loads earlier in the day, so maybe they dashed out and lit them in the first dry window of opportunity they saw!

When I lived in Scotland I loved New Year and going out partying. Then I got older and the prospect of freezing outside for hours (or days!) on end before staggering home, usually with a friend puking (or, on one sorry occasion, peeing) on my shoes somehow seemed less attractive. These days I'm very happy to stay home and cook something marvellous all day then drink a load of champagne with only a short crawl from sofa to bed being needed afterwards.

We only managed to watch one of the LOTR DVDs in the end, due to a large proportion of the day being spent backing up the computer (so I can TimeMachine back to my current set-up if installing Seasons doesn't go so well) and cooking a giant feast. So much for my LOTR-a-thon!

Anyway, welcome 2013! It has started bright and crisp and the birds are singing. Fingers crossed this will be a good year for all of us.

Yes
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Whilst 2012 feels like yesterday I'm still waiting for the end of the world, I think that they must have delayed it.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

02-01-2013, 01:27 AM
^
Haha. I heard the world will end in 2015 because it was "miscalculated" yeah. you can't have a raincheck on the world ending.
anyways happy new years! Smile

05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
I still want to know more about this paddock!

Did anyone make any resolutions?
06-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Haha, it wasn't too exciting. We were at this big music festival that my town holds every year. We weren't part of the crowd, we just sort of sat up on top of a hill and watched. Had a good time but there were plenty of bugs.

It rained last NYE so this was definitely an improvement.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]