Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vintage Point
01-06-2013, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 09:05 AM by Ollie.)
RE: Vintage Point
Ooo yes some pot plants!
I'm also currently working on the business tower and it's looking pretty good (well as good as I could get it so far). I'll post a pic soon.

Edit: here you go:
[Image: d2a3532c-7ab9-4f2c-887a-5ecced40694b_zpsca622145.jpg]

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 09:39 AM by Caspin.)
Yeah I love pot plants! Smile

That's an interesting tower. It would be nice to have some seating outside so that the business people can sit and eat their sandwiches and read the newspaper. Smile

Edit:

Thinking about your comment on uploading populated worlds - can you not do this? I have only ever downloaded a few player-made worlds and it's true that they had no population. If you are going to upload VP to the Exchange then I suppose you could also upload households and say in the description which house they should have in Vintage Point? It would be a faff if there were loads, but I don't know how else to do it without using mods or something.

:mw_hmmm:
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
(01-06-2013 04:03 AM)Ollie Wrote:  The house is looking much better now with terrain paints and vegetation.
Front of house:
[Image: Frontofhouse_zps9ba66b51.png]

Back of house:
[Image: Backofhouse1_zps64d4c295.png]

[Image: BOH2_zps58036474.png]

I really do like the small backyard, I find it quite fancy and fitting for the space provided. You can't really see it, but there is a small pond beside the tree.

Anyway, don't be afraid to give some constructive criticism.

OK, you want criticism? How about Ollie you are a complete bar steward for being able to make light years better houses than me! Tongue

I would not change ANYTHING about that house. It looks very much like the old style urban "colonial" houses that I used to see in shows like The Sullivans similar to the ones in Britain in the 20s/30s except bigger as they'd more space than their counterparts in Blighty.

It's a keeper - you should have this one up for downloading as well.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Thank you Minty, I probably will put it up for download. Tongue

02-06-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 05:17 AM by Ollie.)
Our business tower is looking fine (except for those bloody jagged edges around the lot, which at least I will know how to fix next time.

[Image: BT2_zpsb1987cef.png]

We have a small two car parking lot and some bike thingy's.
[Image: BT3_zpsbd97a736.png]

We also have some fancy exterior landscaping.
[Image: BT4_zps5130b5d2.png]

[Image: BT5_zpsea68126c.png]

[Image: BT6_zps0d165413.png]

I have also completed the first floor.
[Image: BT7_zpse664ea6c.png]

We have a fancy and somewhat modern lobby.
[Image: BT8_zpsf5c11e9a.png]

[Image: BT11_zps6466657c.png]

I also put in a sort-of cool-down area with a TV.
[Image: BT9_zps6488359c.png]

And another area for hobbies.
[Image: BT10_zps7eb96cef.png]

The bathrooms are also looking good.
[Image: Bt12_zps57da6897.png]

Edit: I managed to fix those jagged edges.

02-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Coming along nicely! Those jaggedy edges have caused you some trouble, haven't they, but from what I've seen so far you seem to be able to diminish their jaggediness. If there are any patches that you can't un-jaggedise you could always copy your building to the Library, then delete and replace the lot, fix the terrain and then replace the building. It would be a boring to do all lots at once but it probably wouldn't feel so bad to do one at a time while you're working on that specific lot anyhow. Or disguise the edges with planting and street furniture!

I've seen some jaggedies like in your second picture at the roadside in Monte Vista in fact.

Well it's very exciting to see buildings going up! Smile
02-06-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 07:49 AM by Ollie.)
(02-06-2013 07:44 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Coming along nicely! Those jaggedy edges have caused you some trouble, haven't they, but from what I've seen so far you seem to be able to diminish their jaggediness. If there are any patches that you can't un-jaggedise you could always copy your building to the Library, then delete and replace the lot, fix the terrain and then replace the building. It would be a boring to do all lots at once but it probably wouldn't feel so bad to do one at a time while you're working on that specific lot anyhow. Or disguise the edges with planting and street furniture!

That's pretty much what I just did to fix this lot, but instead of deleting and replacing, I just deleted it and then pressed undo.
Also, on the second floor, there are now some fancy cubicles.

02-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Splendid. So are you going to put one of those rabbit hole rugs into the building so that people can use it for the business career but the inside of the building will also be fully visitable? That's a really nice idea, as people who are not in business careers could still go there.
02-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Yep it's already in.

30-06-2013, 09:54 AM
So Ollie, any update?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]