Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vintage Point
26-05-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Vintage point
(26-05-2013 01:42 AM)Ollie Wrote:  I think with the sims 4 they need two create a worlds, a simpler one (like in the sims 2) and a more advanced one (like the sims 3), both improved (obviously).

That is a very good idea. I liked making towns in Sims 2. I suppose in Sims 3 you can do that now, to some extent, by taking a ready-made world and redoing the buildings and changing trees/landmarks to your liking etc, but there are no completely blank maps to start from unless you download player-made ones. For people who would rather only use EA stuff, that's a shame.

Ollie Wrote:I have decided to do some french-style architecture, which should fit in nicely with the background story. It is also going to be more of a rich area (except for the trailer-park type area I created on the side).

Sounds excellent!

Clapping
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2013 11:33 AM by Ollie.)
RE: Vintage point
I'm going to try going off of this picture; http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9981/...fcbit0.jpg

Edit: this is what I've come up with so far:
[Image: Firsthouse_zpsb93cb187.png]

I'll be the first person to admit that currently it doesn't look too great, but it isn't finished [sarcasm] and Ea's fantastic coding of the lighting helps so much[/sarcasm]. I'm also not too sure about the window above the door.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

31-05-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Vintage Point
Looks fine, what don't you like about it?

It you want the window above the door to be less conspicuous you could try recolouring the red bit to be lighter, but I like it because it tones in with the roof.
31-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately the red bit isn't recolour-able. I guess I could change the roof colour. its a new style which I haven't really done so far, so that might explain why I'm not necessairly used to the look.

31-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Oh it's not recolourable ..... another possibility, if you want the two different styles of window used on the front of the house to match each other more, would be to recolour the inside bits of the rectangular windows to be more red - so that the main outside frame is as it is now, but with redder wood on the internal bits. I don't know how that would look though. Maybe a bit weird?
31-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I'll mix and match and see how it looks in the morning. Speaking of which, I should really go to bed now, its 11:27 PM, jeez my sleep patterns are odd.

31-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Crumbs, yes, go to bed!

Night-night!
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM
The house is looking much better now with terrain paints and vegetation.
Front of house:
[Image: Frontofhouse_zps9ba66b51.png]

Back of house:
[Image: Backofhouse1_zps64d4c295.png]

[Image: BOH2_zps58036474.png]

I really do like the small backyard, I find it quite fancy and fitting for the space provided. You can't really see it, but there is a small pond beside the tree.

Anyway, don't be afraid to give some constructive criticism.

01-06-2013, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 05:43 AM by Ollie.)
I really wish there was a way to populate worlds in CAW without mods, it also seems kind of dodgy with mods. I might just upload a save file to go with the world.

01-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Yeah some planting always makes things look a lot better. How about some of those plant pots that hang on the walls? The terracotta pots and red flowers would fit in well with the colours of the house.

That back yard looks a nice place to hide away and read and get some peace and quiet. Smile