Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My live-action The Sims soap opera
03-02-2013, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 09:27 PM by Minty.)
Tongue My live-action The Sims soap opera
Hi Guys,

I had mentioned this a while back, but didn't want to say anything else until I had something to show you. I'm halfway through shooting a live-action soap opera-style parody of The Sims. We took a break to start a Kickstarter campaign [Link removed - Minty] to raise funds for the second half and are 217% funded!

I am not yet at my new stretch goal so if you're interested in pre-ordering a DVD or getting a picture of your Sims in the credits, please consider pledging [Link again removed - Minty]. This is a labor of love, really, but I hope to be able to afford to at least give the cast/crew a gas stipend for donating so many weekends to this project.

It has been surreal and a ton of fun playing a Sim considering I have spent so much of life on that game. It's neat to show my love for it in a creative way. Anyway, if you want to see how the story unfolds, you can subscribe to the YouTube channel [Link again removed] and start checking back in a couple of weeks for the premiere of episode 1.

I tried my best to include some of the drama and comedy you run into in the game, especially juggling multiple significant others and raising a child (my little nephew and sister act in it)! I hope you like the show when it comes out. I will update you when it premieres. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: My live-action The Sims soap opera
If you are 217% funded, why are you coming here begging for more dosh from people you've not bothered your backside with since your last begging drive? According to your site, you have managed to get $1,555.

I would question that if you have the money to have up a vanity website (www.michelleosorio.com) for the last seven years (thirteen if I count the older blog you've ported into it), you should be able to finance your various production crews petrol money and whatever yourself, instead of asking us to pay for it.

Looking through your website, your interest in the Sims series - contrary to your past post claiming fannage since Sims 2 - is non-existent. You are simply making parody film after parody film based on pop-culture trends (Star Wars, Dr Who, Left4Dead) in the hope one goes "viral" on the back of its large fanbase; like so many others making Sims "parody" films. The phrase "scrambling for relevence" springs to mind, & your claim to be a "YouTube viral content-creator" is more wishful thinking than reality.

If you want money, start running more of your Zumba classes (whatever
the devil they are) and try charging money for them instead. Don't come here begging for money to advance your pipe dream (you & the rest of California) of a career of fame and fortune in the entertainment industry using game geeks as your unwitting flash mob.

This site has a zero tolerance towards spambots - that includes those whose sole interest in Sims Forums is to advertise their own projects and not in getting involved in the slightest with us.

[Image: 138223.jpg]

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply