Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Island Paradise
19-01-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: Island Paradise
Finally got Island Paradise the other day. Now I just need to wait for Wednesday when I get back home and can test the expansion pack for myself.
All I need now to complete my collection (not including stuff packs) is showtime (I sincerely doubt that I will get that), Into The Future (not really fussed with ITF, not sure if it will make my final collection or not, it appears to have a few cool items trike skylights, but I'm meh'd by the look of the expansion) and supernatural (which I think is likely to make my collection).

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Have a safe trip home with your Island Paradise loot! I like that expansion. The world is lagtastic (there's a corrected version available somewhere with fixed routing) but the boats are just great. I really love them!
23-01-2014, 05:00 AM
Caspin your right, this lag is ridiculous. Every few seconds it freezes for a minute and is annoying as hell! GRRRR.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

23-01-2014, 10:09 AM
It's just the usual story with EA-made worlds - stupid routing problems.
Last night I looked for the link I found before to a 'fixed' version of Isla Pardiso that some CAW expert has made, but I couldn't find it. If I do come across it again I'll post it here.

In the meantime, this is what Crinrict is recommending at Answer HQ for people to try:

"Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

Delete the Scott Family.

Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some.

Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location).

Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap.

Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.

If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout

General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes"