Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dragon Valley thoughts?
22-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Dragon Valley thoughts?
I saw a while back that the TS3 Store was coming out with a new world (of course!) and I saw that it was called Dragon Valley. I watched the teaser video and the "baby dragons" came up and I was not a fan. I feel like they aren't going to really do much to the game to interest me and I'm most likely not going to buy this world.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Confused

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: Dragon Valley thoughts?
The dragons look a bit silly and apparently they won't get bigger, so you'll only ever have baby dragons (unless I misunderstood that bit), which seems really bizarre, particularly given that the backstory is about the havoc caused in that realm by grown-up dragons.

I am going to get DV but despite the dragons rather than because of them. I think the world itself looks great and it has some new buildings that really appeal to me. Such as the Globe Theatre!

[Image: World_ScreenshotWeb_DragonValley006.jpg]

I think I'll enjoy playing in that world and I'll give the dragons a go since they'll be there.

I'm not sure how some existing features will look, though. Ice-cream vans? Taxis? Sports cars? They will look very out of place. Maybe I'll make everyone ride horses!
24-05-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 07:43 PM by Caspin.)
It would appear that dragon ownership could be advantageous if you are bored of your sim learning by reading or practising a skill - now you will be able to gain skills by talking to dragons. Yes, of course, that makes perfect sense. My view is that the dragons look ridiculous and that the qualities they have assigned to the different types are odd but, you never know, a sim might like a pet dragon and could get quite attached. I suppose.

There will be four types (or at least four are currently known about - they seem to keep putting up more types of dragon) as follows.

Red dragon: an aggressive beast who will smite you with fire (yup, sounds dragony). You can use it to "cast fiery torment" on other sims. This dragon can increase your energy and hygiene levels, apparently (goodness knows why).

[Image: SimsDragon_Red.jpg]

Green dragon: this one will increase your gardening skill and can be used to summon a harvest. It would appear that it likes shiny treasure. This one builds hunger and bladder. I understand the connection with hunger - with the summoning of harvest comes the eating of food - but bladder?! Also, does this not look like the dorkiest dragon anyone could possibly design? It looks a bit like something I might doodle in a kid's birthday card!

[Image: SimsDragon_Green.jpg]

Purple dragon: this one is supposed to be cute and charming and likes going to parties (!). It is a dragon-shaped Care Bear crossed with purple My Little Pony. It can "puke sparkles" (I might puke). Builds up Fun and Social needs. I don't really like cutesy stuff like this, but I guess a lonely sim might like a purple dragon. Sigh. Nothing could be cuter than my sim's cats so this is just a fail in my opinion. Sim kitties FTW!

[Image: SimsDragon_Purple.jpg]

Black dragon: an armoured black dragon with some association with the Grim Reaper. This one I might like! It builds Energy and Hunger and can turn sims they don't like into zombies using an evil stare. Yeah! Evil stare! Can summon a death flower and allow sims to talk to the dead.

[Image: SimsDragon_BlackAndSpiky.jpg]

Unfortunately you can only unlock black dragons by buying the Dragon Valley world as well as the Renaissance Fair venue, a bit like you only get the Weather Stone if you buy both SN and Seasons EPs. So that's a bit rubbish unless you happen to want both those things. I think DV will need black dragons to balance out the "charm" of the purple pukers.
25-05-2013, 11:52 AM
My Little Dragon! Biggrin

Wonder where they got that idea from?

[Image: ermahgerd_dragons_Khaleesi_game_of_thrones.jpg]

Princess Barenudys discovers to her horror her dragons have been sneaking out their cages when she's been having banquets with local big nobs to grab themselves Big Macs & Shakes as they're tired of that goat cubes crap she keeps feeding them.

The only way dragons should be able to help your gardening skill is if dragon crap makes for kickass fertiliser.

A dragon that pukes sparkles - FAIL!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Dragon Valley is finally available and I have to say I am mightily impressed and I BeatingHeart it. Not sure I will love the dragons, particularly the purple glitter-pukers, but the town is beautiful.

I have started a thread with in-game pics here.