Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
yes, hello!
27-05-2013, 05:54 AM
yes, hello!
Hey there!

New to this site, just signed up now. Going to post my legacy in progress hoping someone might like to read it.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: yes, hello!
Hello kharliah and welcome to the Simmy-SimForums.
Unfortunately the others are late to the party, but I brought lamingtons, wanna try one?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Oh no, I'm running late? Sorry!

Yes, welcome karliah to Sims Forums, home of the hover-sharks, and Ollie please may I have a lamington. I think it will go well with my cup of tea.

Smile
27-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Are you Kharliah from Boolprop? What's happened over there, it's gone so quiet Omg
Anyway, welcome to Sims Forums. Please accept your complimentary glass of nectar Haveadrink plumbob The_Sims_Plumbob_Pixle_by_Neon_Zombie & pan Fryingpan .

There's tea in the kitchen, [removed] ate the last of the nobs, but Bobert's bringing Aeros from the South Sea islands, assuming the bubble hasn't burst first.

Boring adminy bit
If you do houses or anything else of a Simmy nature, feel free to post piccys of what you are up to over at the Sims 3 section (make the width of the pictures no greater than 500px for a good fit with your text) or the Sims 2 section if it is Sims 2 stuff, or the Once Upon A Simming Time section if it's a story, legacy or challenge.

But you already knew that, didn't you? Tongue

Feel free to hit general discussion with ramblings of just about everything else. And we mean everything else. Kitchen sinks included. That part tends to be a bit of a free for all.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
28-05-2013, 06:56 AM
(27-05-2013 09:17 PM)Minty Wrote:  Are you Kharliah from Boolprop? What's happened over there, it's gone so quiet Omg
Anyway, welcome to Sims Forums. Please accept your complimentary glass of nectar Haveadrink plumbob The_Sims_Plumbob_Pixle_by_Neon_Zombie & pan Fryingpan .

There's tea in the kitchen, [removed] ate the last of the nobs, but Bobert's bringing Aeros from the South Sea islands, assuming the bubble hasn't burst first.

Boring adminy bit
If you do houses or anything else of a Simmy nature, feel free to post piccys of what you are up to over at the Sims 3 section (make the width of the pictures no greater than 500px for a good fit with your text) or the Sims 2 section if it is Sims 2 stuff, or the Once Upon A Simming Time section if it's a story, legacy or challenge.

But you already knew that, didn't you? Tongue

Feel free to hit general discussion with ramblings of just about everything else. And we mean everything else. Kitchen sinks included. That part tends to be a bit of a free for all.

I am kharliah from boolprop! And that's precisely why I came here. Seems like no one is even there at all!

Apologies to all for the username change. Got banned for spamming...when I edited my legacy post. I don't get it but it was a very permanent ban lol.
28-05-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 08:06 AM by Ollie.)
Oh dear, that blasted akismet system, again. It's happened to me a couple of times before. I unbanned your original account, hopefully Minty should be able to merge the two accounts.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

28-05-2013, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 12:11 PM by Caspin.)
This is happening a lot. I unbanned residenteviloutbreak because they were also automatically banned for spamming. Also there was the problem Kareemzi had.

Has the system become more (too!) sensitive recently or something?

Hang in there kharliah! Minty will come riding in like the cavalry to sort out your accounts.
28-05-2013, 01:56 PM
OK, I've sorted out Kharliah's problem. The puzzling part is that the system did not have her banned!

I'm going to take a chance & disable one of the anti-spam measures we have in place to see if this makes a difference.

Sorry about that - don't blame me though, I didn't install them Tongue

28-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Oh boy! *Braces for potential spam-attack*

Re: the puzzle - did Kharliah's account not look banned just because Ollie had already un-banned it? Or is this some new form of banning that the system is attempting? The banning that leaves no trace ..... for example can you tell that residenteviloutbreak was also banned and then unbanned?

Sorry Kharliah for hijacking your welcome thread! Here are some balloons and cakes to get things back in the right mood:

[Image: 196px-Balloonsanimals.jpg]
[Image: 244px-Cake_tootfarangi.jpg]
28-05-2013, 11:29 PM
OK, I've found something in Admin regarding items flagged by Akismet which appears to have been picking on random Ollie posts for years. Have Ollie & ResidentEvilOutbreak been reported to an Akismet linked system as spamming out of malice by some douchy admin or moderator somewhere down & this has caused difficulties here?

If so, I've just fired a counter report to the Akismet system on a block of both their withheld posts that they were not spam. Hopefully this will stop this happening again.