Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There will be a console port (4 Reasons)
17-08-2013, 06:34 PM
There will be a console port (4 Reasons)
This is a thread only being made for 1 reason: To assure console only players (Yes, there are some of them here), that the game will be made for Consoles. Eventually.

1. They always have been.
Every single main entry to the sims has been ported to consoles in some form.

[Image: Sims-Boxshot-1.jpeg]

[Image: 927466_66328_front.jpg]

[Image: sims3_360_esrb.jpg]

2. Huge profit.
The Sims console games have, while not selling nearly as well as the PC/Mac versions, they have still made some amazing sales in the past:

According to VG charts, which is usually pretty accurate, the sales in total have been for consoles:
The Sims: 3.68 Million Copies
The Sims Bustin Out: 4.98 Million Copies
The Urbz: 3.82 Million Copies
The Sims 2: 4.06 Million Copies
The Sims 2 Pets: 3.83 Million Copies
The Sims 2 Castaway: 2.96 Million Copies
The Sims 2 Apartment Pets: 0.66 Million Copies
The Sims 3: 5.54 Million Copies
The Sims 3 Pets: Not available

Total: 29.53 Million Clapping
The Sims 3 sold an unbelievable amount of copies, easily becoming the best selling of the console titles (We all know why, and its because its the closest the sims console titles have ever been to being like PC).

3. The Sims 3 Console did things right.
The Sims 3 console can easily be said to be the best of the Sims console titles. It was the most like PC than any other before, and actually played extremely well (Unless you owned a wii... Biggrin )
Reviews were pretty good as well.

4. Capable of expansions.
Due to next gen consoles (Which is highly likely the consoles TS4 will appear on), are all PC based in terms of hardware and software, EA should have very little trouble bringing expansion packs to the consoles. Due to all of them (Except Wii U), requiring HDD install, Expansions should be a walk in the park. If this happens, we may finally have a real Sims experience on our TV screens that wont get boring after a bit due to having no expansions.

Also, some quick tidbits and facts:
- Each console sims title typically follows the PC version by 1 year.
- You may not see The Sims 4 on current gen consoles, as most of them have never gone cross gen. (Besides TS2 Pets and TS2 Castaway, which both appeared on Wii).
- It will very likely come out for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Playstation Vita.
- It likely will be only 1 player.
- It may contain online play, as EA is more into online gaming now.
- It will likely have expansion packs. See reason 4.

Any objections? Yahoo
Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: There will be a console port (4 Reasons)
I've never played any of the console Sim games (except for My Sims, which I thought was awesome back then, and Bustin Out, but that never worked), so I might try The Sims 4 after it eventually comes out.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply