Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 at Gamescom!
20-08-2013, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 03:51 PM by Ollie.)
The Sims 4 at Gamescom!
Don't forget to tune in to EA's pres conference being live streamed from Gamescom at 7 AM PDT, 11 AM BRT, 3 PM UK, 4 PM CET, 12 AM AEST, etc. Here:
http://www.ea.com/au/gamescom

Edit: It's happening, five minutes! Big Grin

This will be updated with the latest news for The Sims 4 at Gamescom! Yes

Edit: The trailer is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLmN1D1P2RI

Edit 2: We also have a gameplay trailer! Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg

So do you want to see my rocket ship?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: The Sims 4 at Gamescom!
Well... That was a bit of fun, I enjoyed the trailer.

20-08-2013, 04:51 PM
And I enjoyed your tweets during your viewing lol! Hope you didn't get caught staying up very late (in Oz-time). I shall hopefully watch the trailer when I get home tonight. It will make me do the ironing really efficiently!

Biggrin
20-08-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm so happy - I still don't like it! Maybe it'll grow on me but so far nothing about TS4 makes me want to ditch TS3. What a relief.

The general trailer I thought was rather bizarre. The gameplay trailer was well done and gave a good look at the various features but even just watching the six minutes meant that I was thinking "ridiculous plastic hair" and "ridiculous exaggerated gestures and expressions". They promised that the sims would be more emotional and for once EA have delivered! Just a bit too much for my taste.

Oh well, at least now we have some proper information and I'm glad that Ollie liked it after staying up to see it. And clearly Sophia Sim made the right choice of rocket ship over that irritating Andre's Smile

Weird - auto-correct just changed rocket ship into rickets hip!
20-08-2013, 09:24 PM
That trailer was great! Now I know I'll be able to get Sims 4 from my local games shop for half price within a month of its release! Biggrin

Apart from the improvements for building, everything else looks a complete step back, & CAS will be a complete nightmare in practice if you are trying to fine tune a body part without any reference numbers to work with as with the Sims 3 sliders. As for how the Sims look, they remind me of Team Fortress 2.

"For the first time ever, we've designed our Sims with emotions?" Um, moodlets anyone?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
20-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes, you boys buy it and then you can post lots of pictures of your crazy neurotic sims! Smile

Are the new sims going to be having a nervous breakdown because of some random painting you've hung up in their living room? That's not emotion, that's madness!
21-08-2013, 05:19 AM
One thing that I'm quite annoyed by is how you can only get certain stuff if you pre-order the digital deluxe edition. I would much prefer to have the base game in my hands, with the extra content, even if it does cost more than just the normal edition.

21-08-2013, 09:12 AM
(21-08-2013 05:19 AM)Ollie Wrote:  One thing that I'm quite annoyed by is how you can only get certain stuff if you pre-order the digital deluxe edition. I would much prefer to have the base game in my hands, with the extra content, even if it does cost more than just the normal edition.

Ah but this is EA, Ollie. I would expect nothing less (or should that be I would expect nothing more?) from them. I prefer physical copies as well, then you can register them for Origin as back-up but the disc is always there.

The official Sims 4 Forum is now in existence:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/257.page

I wonder how long before there's blood up those virtual walls. Judging on the way people are treating each other on TS3 sub-forum, I'd give it a few days at most. I was going to make an account there but it turns out you just use your Origin login.
21-08-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2013 11:08 AM by Ollie.)
So disappointed, as of now, CASt isn't in CAS. They said they might put it in, so basically it's not going to be in game.

21-08-2013, 11:13 AM
(21-08-2013 11:08 AM)Ollie Wrote:  CASt

Qu'est ce que c'est?