Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 at Gamescom!
21-08-2013, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2013 10:53 PM by Ollie.)
RE: The Sims 4 at Gamescom!
Maybe there will be five main ages, then they have combined some to do some kind of gradual ageing (as in facial features change, growth, etc.).

The YouTuber that I met has uploaded some photos of CAS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...276736939a

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 11:35 PM
I don't find the Sims Supply's claims very reassuring about how easy it all is. I like numbers with my sliders so when I'm pushing & pulling CAS parts I can see if I've been at a spot before, but this does not appear to allow this. "Intuitive" to me sounds like a great step back.

If you are using any other model rendering program, it does not work on "intuitive" - there are side bars for the various axis variables so you can get the parts to line up. The game will be generating these variables as it makes the models anyway - why are EA so frightened to let users see them? People will say, oh don't worry there will be a mod for it, but that's taking away the point.

Besides which, I used to be involved with modding in the old FIFA Manager community, & still remember when the bar stewards of Bright Future in cahoots with EA locked down large parts of the game into the core file so that they were impossible to mod (partly because they were stealing code a fantastic Israeli modder called Vollachr had created for free for the previous version of the game - he left the community in disgust because of it). There's no guarantee EA won't pull the same dirty deal to hamper modding this time round, especially any mods which mean people can get game functionality for free they intend to sell in a later expansion.

(Forgive me, but I am in a very cynical mood tonight)

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
22-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I saw some people at Gamescom tweeting that EA are going to make TS4 more difficult to mod. Also they are trying to stop people from being able to use CC so easily. I don't know if these are just rumours/assumptions or whether the gurus actually confirmed that this was the case.
22-08-2013, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 09:52 AM by Ollie.)
I hope/think that's just a rumour, I mean, they seem so involved with the community, so I doubt they'd make it too hard to create CC and mod the game.
That being said, I really want another "body shop" to come with the base game, like what was found with The Sims 2.

22-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Let's hope it's just a rumour about the non-modifications - it might need a Twallan-esque modder to keep it running! And some people are not going to cope with that plastic hair and will be desperate for a CC replacement.

I don't really spend much time making sims so the absence of sliders wouldn't worry me so much as the lack of CASt because I find most of the pre-made colours and patterns chosen by EA to be awful. I like customising the outfits. And if there is no CASt in Build mode either (we should find that out today) then there is no way in hell I will ever get TS4. I spend whole days happily redecorating sim houses and CASt is one of the greatest things about TS3.
24-08-2013, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2013 12:54 AM by Ollie.)
OMG! I didn't realise we had a CAS video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oMxVGme...youtu.be&a

Edit: It's from a live stream, which I forgot about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muWAml4lpMg

You can see all The Sims stuff towards the end, and it features that girl who joined here, but was banned for advertising the kick starter campaign for her "Real Sims" video series (Which already had more money than they needed).

24-08-2013, 06:46 PM
As much as I like the improvements EA promised us, I don't really like the new "style" of the Sims. I thought the game was supposed to look more realistic? It could be just my opinion, but the screenshots I've seen so far looked a little cartoonish to me. Of course the game will be released half way 2014 so EA still has a lot of time to improve things. But I assume this is the kind of style they're stuck with.

[Image: The-Sims.png]

At the moment I'd pick the Sims 3 over the Sims 4. The graphics remind me of the Sims 3: Free To Play game for tablets and smartphones. The hair looks a little plastic and I can't even say the graphics are so much better. It's probably too early to have an opinion already. But I'm cynical...
...But yeah, I am always cynical. *cough* Big Grin

[Image: GQHZ6j6.png]

[Image: xgvKc6E.png]
28-08-2013, 02:09 PM
I just read an interview with SimguruJil from someone who went to Sims camp and all I can say is that I'm getting really disappointed and tired of these half answers. It really seems as though they weren't ready at all. I've tried defending EA, but they have just gone too far now, they have stuffed up in my eyes.

http://www.edenstyle.it/the-sims-4-inter...-jill.html

28-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Hmmm, well it's an interesting interview in that it does state that they don't plan to add CASt to CAS. From what we heard previously, it was possible that they'd still add it before releasing the base game, but from that interview it sounds like that won't happen. I think that's a big mistake. It's one of the best things in Sims 3 and has resulted in some talented builders and sims-makers creating some really amazing stuff for the game (whereas the pre-made EA stuff is often fairly tasteless in my view). To imply that the base game might be less than "great, stable and powerful" if they added Create-a-Style does not inspire much confidence.

And of course here is the bit that makes me frown:

"Is The Sims 4 going to be available for Mac or other platforms?
We are focusing on PC only at the moment."

It is driving me mad that the game is available for pre-order (and for quite a high price!) but they not only won't confirm the PC specs, but they don't even confirm which platform it'll be available for. So what exactly are people pre-ordering?

I'm sure you won't mind Ollie, but I will link to that article in the EA Mac forum as some folk there are anxiously awaiting news on Sims 4 and didn't really get any answers out of Gamescom.