Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Farming for sims
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 10:12 AM by Caspin.)
Bug Farming for sims
Now that cows are to be made available in TS3, to go with horses from the Pets EP, and chicken coop from the Store, it should be possible to make a farm! Smile

I like gardening sims and I like Riverview, so I'm looking forward to making a big farmhouse with all the animals and some space for arable land and an orchard. Sounds idyllic doesn't it.

The cows will be milk-able and you can turn the milk into cheese, which is good news.

[Image: 2.jpg]

I am slightly more concerned that we are also advised to "feed your cow some vegetables so she’ll give your Sim the option of Soy Milk for a few hours". Omg

Also I'm bemused that you will be able to play board games with your cows. What?

[Image: 6.jpg]

Just crazy. Oh well.

Mooooo!
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 05:46 AM
RE: Farming for sims
Board games with your cow. LOL I have milked a few cows in my day, I can tell you they must be a lot smarter in the game. Most cows are dumb. LOL! I once watched one eat a wal-mart bag. Loved the pictures.
06-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Yes, I don't think the Sims 3 cows are particularly accurate lol!

Did you work on a farm, Tasia? I have never milked a cow but I'd quite like to have a go at it. I've stayed on farms, camping, but at all of those places the cows were milked by machines. When I was a little child I used to like running around quite wildly, sometimes with my eyes closed, and on one of those camping trips I ran blindly into the side of a cow and it knocked out my tooth. The cow didn't bat an eyelid, just stood there placidly staring at me while I bled profusely and fell about in confusion. Moving on.

Can't take credit for the pictures - I just copied them from the Store page. Hopefully if I get around to making my farm I'll post up some pics of that.

Mooo!
06-09-2013, 01:50 PM
We got a farm EP by the back door so to speak. I must confess a bit surprised at this one. It's starting to look like they are flinging out items from abandoned expansions. No matter as long as we get them. A goat would have been good for a laugh, it butting your Sims if they are too rough with the milking or they turn their back to them.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-09-2013, 03:58 PM
A goat would be great - then we could have goat's cheese for cheese-board variety purposes!
07-09-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't understand why they didn't include this and the chicken coop in Pets? Who am I kidding, for the money of course, but still, if EA/maxis appeared to put more time and effort in their games to make quality product, the Pets expansion should've included farming items. I'd much prefer to have about one quality expansion pack each year to buy, instead of three rushed expansion packs each year, filled with bugs and very little content.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Agreed - all these farming sets should have been in Pets, of course, but they want to milk us for more moolah (I apologise unreservedly).
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
It has been determined (mathematically) that it should take five or more humans to tip a cow. I should imagine that's about right - they are big beasts!
09-09-2013, 11:17 PM
(09-09-2013 02:15 PM)Caspin Wrote:  It has been determined (mathematically) that it should take five or more humans to tip a cow.
That must be down to group psychology - no one wanting to look like a skinflint no matter how bad the service. Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]