Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Future!
07-09-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 09:55 AM by Caspin.)
The Future!
Is anyone else planning to get the 'Into The Future' expansion pack?

When I first heard about it I was not too keen, but now I've seen more information I am looking forward to it. I want a sonic shower and a jet pack! Yes

The future world will be one that you can dip into, like the WA destinations or the university town, so you can use it only if you want to in any particular game.

It seems like something that might suit players who are interested in doing legacies, as it will give them a little twist in being able to go and look at their sims' descendants in the future.

The future world looks great, I think, and I love the hoverboards and new ways to travel around. It will also mean that there is more to do with the futuristic stuff other than play on Lunar Lakes, which I tire of pretty quickly (that world is too big, it takes ages to get round it). I built a bunch of space colony-style houses for a Lunar Lakes competition once and haven't used them since, so I'm looking forward to popping them into the future instead.

I don't think I've ever had a simbot in my game (yes, I know: I have lots left to do in TS3!) but the plumbots look fun and I'll definitely be making some of them into minions for my sim (at least that will give Minty's simself a break from being my chef and gardener). Tongue

The whole Utopia versus Dystopia future is intriguing and it looks as though they've done a better job of that then I'd expected. I imagine it would be highly entertaining to send sims into dystopia and I like that to trigger that version of events you have to go round your 'normal' world and convince everyone that they're doomed!

Utopia, on the other hand, looks freaking terrifying! If you thought that the purple sparkle-puking dragons from Dragon Valley were a bit too Hello Kitty, get a load of the utopian future of "self-squeezing" (steady on!) sims and spontaneous dance! Could be funny, could be fudging awful! Biggrin

Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 10:38 AM by Ollie.)
RE: The Future!
I'm not completely convinced yet, I'm afraid that the jet packs kinda reminds me of the hot balloons from aurora skies and aren't very interesting. The only thing that has me the plumbot, and the dystopia/utopia kind of thing, but nothing else.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-09-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: The Future!
Ah yes, Aurora Skies and the largely pointless hot air balloons - another heap of stuff I still haven't actually used yet! I need to go part-time at work so I can play sims a few days a week and get caught up (that's a nice dream).

I am hoping the jet-packs might be slightly more useful in that you might be able to use them like a bike, as an alternative to walking. But perhaps I'm wrong and they will be mightily annoying. I think the monorail looks good though, unless of course it is less impressive-looking in-game, and the general look of the future town.

I will send your sim into the future, Ollie, and we'll see how he fares. I'll find him a nice plumbot!