Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vintage Point
01-10-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Vintage Point
Good to see this project back up & running again, I feared it would be locked in the octane fueled haze of GTA Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 11:01 AM
(01-10-2013 10:52 AM)Ollie Wrote:  I managed to get CAW not to crash, but my most recent save of VP is corrupted, so in the most recent save I can get working doesn't have any buildings, thankfully I have the one I made for the speed build saved to the bin, but I'm not sure about my other creations. I know I saved the buisness tower at some stage, but I'm not sure if that was completely finished (like it was) at the time I saved it to the bin.

When you save in CAW does it make .backup files, like the game does for normal save files? If so then perhaps you can retrieve the backup of a later save? I don't know how it works, though, as I don't use CAW.
27-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Yeah it does create .backup files, but the last one that's not corrupted was before any kind of buildings were made.

Look I'm going to be honest with you guys, I'm not sure if this world will ever be completed, in the case that it isn't, I'm currently making a new world that will look much better than Vintage Point ever would and I have much more determination to get my new work in progress completed to a standard that I'm happy with-although this world that I speak of will use road and texture mods. I plan to have at least one world finished before The Sims 4 comes out, I'm hopeful of a world coming out early next year, but no guarantee's.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-10-2013, 07:30 AM
That's fair enough, Ollie - you've got a lot of projects and there's no reason to force yourself to carry on if you need the time to pursue a new idea.

I will always treasure the fond memories of those hover-sharks.
27-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah, better to go with something you want to make rather than carry on with something else out of a sense of "duty to finish". I'll be watching with interest.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]