Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Making all sims wear certain clothes?
07-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Making all sims wear certain clothes?
So whilst waiting for the release of the Roaring Heights world I decided to make a Victorian/Edwardian themed one. It kinda sucks to have all the houses and current family as I want them to be and then seeing a sim wander down the street in a boob tube and high heels! Is there anyway of changing their clothes?
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Making all sims wear certain clothes?
Hi and welcome - how about a proper introduction thread?

Not sure whether your question is going to be classed as a technical query and result in you getting closely acquainted with Minty's boot, or whether it counts as general chat .....

Anyhoo, I got to you first and I'm in a good mood because it's the weekend at last and I am also quite excited about Roaring Heights. I also share your fear of EA's dress sense and sometimes HATE the outfits that the game chooses for townies, particularly if you are playing in a world with certain look or theme and it dresses them entirely inappropriately.

Some of the sims look so awful that I've been known to just delete the whole sim on sight. Take no prisoners, permit no cropped jeans. In real life I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in fashion, but I would not turn up at the bistro dressed in a bathtowel, some wellington boots and a horse riding hat. No, really, I wouldn't.

So, if I have time and the inclination, I take those ill-dressed sims into CAS and switch their outfits. However CAS is not my favourite thing in the game and I don't really enjoy picking outfits that much, so usually unless it's totally ridiculous I don't bother. I don't know if there is a quicker way of sorting them out.

I know that there is an NRaas mod called Dresser, which sounds as though it would allow outfit management, but I've never used it. So I guess you could check that out but don't blame me if they all end up looking even more crazy!
07-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Okay thanks. I don't really like introduction threads and I didn't know if this was technical anyhow...thanks for the help!
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM
No worries. Hope you get your sims appropriately attired!
07-12-2013, 09:18 PM
My word, it's Panzerjoust! I'm sure I ought to know you from somewhere, except I can't remember Shocked Did you ever play Medal Of Honor or BF2 online? Or FIFA Manager?

There is a need for period towns to have some sort of theme bar on them to stop people driving the wrong cars or wearing the wrong clothes. They should have figured out as much when they initially created Sims 3 seeing how much of it has proved Sims 2 recycled. All we can do for now is be overzealous with Twallan's Master Controller to get rid of EA's little derpys.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Gosh Panzerjoust, I didn't realise that you're famous. Apologies for vaguely threatening you with a boot (and a third party boot at that!). Probably best if I don't go about kicking Minty's friends. Smile
09-12-2013, 05:19 PM
(07-12-2013 09:18 PM)Minty Wrote:  My word, it's Panzerjoust! I'm sure I ought to know you from somewhere, except I can't remember Shocked Did you ever play Medal Of Honor or BF2 online? Or FIFA Manager?

I don't think so. Maybe there's another me out there in the universe...
10-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Hang on, did you play Skyrim at all & join any of the forums?

10-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes, I think I did join the forums.
11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Ah, that'll have been then where I remembered your name from. Skyrim's a popular topic around here, ya know.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan